» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
100%
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Top posters
Streex (4373)

ZeldAnTales (2909)

Antilles (1555)

Nintendo Furniture (1087)

Triz (1086)

Matthew999 (341)

Lier X Agerate (129)

WildCard (115)

ShagTheTruth (114)

Incognito (71)

March 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Your recent game purchases (any console)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Dammit, add Scribblenauts to my WiiU collection. (Got it for $25 after coupon.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:32 am

How is it? I want this one bad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Its scribblenauts lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Never played any of them... :\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Its probably the most "family" fun in the lineup. Basic puzzles where you need to come up with a solution. The appeal is there is near limitless solutions. Seems to have a lot of depth compared to past titles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Sweet. Nintendoland froze up on me twice in a row today... need a new family game. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm

My wife and daughter love Scribblenauts. Wife is almost done with it but managed to get her hooked on Little Inferno so her interest for Wii U continues.

I picked up another 5 Wii U games!

New Super Mario Bros. U
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Skylanders Giants
Your Shape

I stood in line at Old Navy on Black Friday to get New Super Mario Bros. U for free.

Got Darksiders 2 and Mass Effect 3 on a discount at Toys R Us.

The best is that I traded in my broken PS3 for $170 store credit at GameStop to get Skylanders Giants, Your Shape, and Nintendogs + Cats (gift for daughter). I ran outta there before they could fully test the system. I'm sure they know by now that it freezes after 15 minutes of gameplay.

That's it! I've given Nintendo way too much money. Now my Wii U library already matches my 3DS library at 12 titles. The positive to all this is that I didn't pay full price for any of them. I think I saved over $250.

Games Currently Playing:
Trine 2: Director's Cut :: Wii U
Madden NFL 13 :: Wii U
Wheel of Fortune :: Wii U
Mario Party e :: e-Reader
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Nice haul man! Too many kids now to be splurging as I once did. I'm jealous. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Picked up a new Wii U title to ring in the new year!

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

If you like having a large selection of playable characters then this game is for you. Over 50 and you don't even have to unlock them. I really enjoyed the bonus clothing to dress the characters up like Bowser, Mario, Peach, Link, Zelda, Toad, etc., and it's all available from the very beginning.

What really makes this game a must buy is the online. Triz and I picked out characters to fight a two on two battle against someone else. You can only fight one at a time, hence the "tag" in the title, but it works really well. I'm really a newb with this franchise (only played it a few times in the arcade) so Triz and I had an unsaid strategy where I would start a match, my life would get low so he would jump in and work them down the most. Then when his life would get too low I would jump back in for the finish.

Nothing was sweeter than when we got paired with a guy or guys that had already played over 100 matches and I got a perfect on them one round. They would do all sorts of cheap stuff too by using the same grab move over and over with that huge dragon character. But when we beat them for the win I wished the game had mic support so I could tell them they just got pwned by a newb.

MadCatz made an Arcade Fight Stick that I'll be getting in the next few months. Hopefully it will drop from its $160 asking price by then.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 pm

New game get!

Fire Emblem: Awakening

I bet most of us got this one. I can see you guys playing it all the time! I wouldn't say it's the best Fire Emblem, but the most accessible to gamers of all skill levels. Plus the art is top notch. The way they up difficulty is kinda lame in that it just makes you miss more. All that said, another 5/5 for Fire Emblem from me.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Really, Streex? I found this game to be very unfriendly to newcomers. They assume I know all sorts of FE-staples (class upgrades, various item abilities, skill sets) that I literally have to ask my bro about. He's stationed in Cali with the Navy, you two should meet up Streex. San Diego is far from you, or not?

The art is def top-notch with one MINOR quibble: What the hell is with their feet?!!?!?

And on Tekken Tag 2: I hate the controls for the gamepad, they feel sluggish and awful. NOTHING like TTT1. I love this series and I am in the minority I guess, but it disappointed me. The costumes don't work on every character, from what I can tell either. Am I wrong? I guess I just need to get the arcade stick but $160 is only $40 less than what I paid for my House of The Dead 2 Arcade Cabinet, so.... yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:52 am

I picked up Lollipop Chainsaw. Found it for about $15 new and I make sure I play all the Suda games. Its a wierd one. Controls feel a bit sluggish, but the humor is entertaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Nice tits, crap game. LOL So I give it a B-. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:33 pm

FE: A is supposed to be more open to newcomers with the ability to keep your roster even after death when you get to the next level. With the older games, I would constantly restart the level every time one character would die, unless they were really unimportant. Now you don't have to worry about that. As far as the other stuff, the game tells you what everything is and what it means, where other games just assume you know. I haven't looked for descriptions yet personally but I believe you can use the touch screen to find that stuff out. I'll have to check it out next time I turn it on. And don't hate on the feet, or lack thereof. Maybe there's an animal that eats their feet when they go to sleep.

But what will be awesome in this game I've heard is that you can get married, have a couple kids, and then they'll grow up and fight by your side!

San Diego is pretty far, deep south in Cali. Maybe an 8 hour drive. Is it ShagTheTruth that is in the Navy?

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Yeah, its Shag.

Yeah I guess there is an easy mode, but I didn't choose that because I don't wanna be some newb who can't play the game how its "supposed" to be played. (Uh oh, I used quotations again *raises flame shield* Razz)

I haven't noticed, though, that the game informs you on what ANY of the items are, and the descriptions left much to be desired for me.

Awesome game, though. I wasn't hating on the feet, just... perplexed by the choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:22 pm

I've already mentioned, but for the record I picked up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate and want all of you to also. Right now! Turn off the computer and go to the store.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:11 pm

I am interested... but just got Lego City Stories which is everything a GTA game isn't, and I'm loving it bigtime! So is Link!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 pm

LEGO City Undercover is getting an 81%, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate an 83%. My effort to refrain from buying these games is crumbling under solid reviews. I already know I'm going to buckle for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

How are the loading times? The only complaints I've heard are the loading times and it not being multiplayer like all the other Lego games.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:47 pm

No multiplayer is no big deal to me in an open world game, I don't want any MMO flavors thank you.

The load times are a bit lousy but the game is friggin' massive with TONS of stuff to interact with, its definitely awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 pm

We haven't talked too much about it but I picked up Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon a few weeks ago. Scoring a high 85% and already past a million sold, this is the Luigi's Mansion I've been waiting for. I've heard there are some issues with the multiplayer as far as getting a connection is concerned, but the bread and butter one player adventure is amazing. The Year of Luigi is here!

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Still have yet to buy LM...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Not much coming out this month so get on it!

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 am

I did get it, and think it sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:14 pm

No pun intended? I tried the game when Streex brought it over and it drove me crazy that it mixes in motion controls. On thier own thats fine, but putting motion controls on a 3D system where if you move it an inch you lose the damn 3d effect is beyond stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 pm

It seems to be an odd addition. But I find that keeping the screen directly in front of me, like when you're looking around in OoT, it's not a problem at all. If you move the system all over the place away from your field of vision then it's a problem.

It sucks Z? What's goin on?

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your recent game purchases (any console)   

Back to top Go down

Your recent game purchases (any console)
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next