Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
The economy killed the job Vote_lcap2100%The economy killed the job Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
The economy killed the job Vote_lcap20%The economy killed the job Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
The economy killed the job Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
The economy killed the job Vote_lcap2The economy killed the job I_voting_barThe economy killed the job Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
The economy killed the job Vote_lcap2The economy killed the job I_voting_barThe economy killed the job Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The economy killed the job

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: The economy killed the job   The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:59 pm

I've been living in California for about a month and a half now and I regret to report I have yet to find a new job. Careerbuilder has this cool feature that shows you how many people applied for the same job you did. To my dismay most of the time about 600 others have also applied. The unemployment rate here just went up again too and I'm fighting over crumbs with all these other scrubs. It will happen when it happens I'm sure. But I just won't feel comfortable until I get that job and buy a new house.

I've posted my resume on monster, careerbuilder, jobs, etc, and apply for everything I can over at craigslist. The sad thing about craigslist is that most of the jobs posted there are fake. They answer me wanting cashiers checks cashed or send them my credit report or social security number. It's ridiculous.

I'm staying positive that something soon will come up. Wish me luck because in times like this I need all the help I can get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: The economy killed the job   The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:30 pm

That sucks, man. Cali is DEF the last place you'd wanna be with a few exceptions (wait! I live in one of those exceptions! lol) and it must be grating on the fam. Sad

Good luck friend!
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: The economy killed the job   The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:37 pm

perhaps its time for a career change? Im sure you'll find something soon Streex, even if its workign at a video game store (so I can use you for your discount Wink )
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The economy killed the job   The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2011 3:17 am

lol. Thanks guys. Career change is definitely on the table. In fact, I've hardly applied for any graphic design jobs...because there simply isn't that much available.

It's rough on the fam and it's going to get rougher. We can only live with my parents for another 2 1/2 weeks before we have to move out (older adult community rules). But it's the roughest on my gaming habit. I need to buy some more games! Haha, I'm such a nerd.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: The economy killed the job   The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2011 9:10 am

Wait... adult community rules? Yeah because no one is taking care of their asses. :\
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The economy killed the job   The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Quick update on my employment status. I've been a Janitor for the last part of 2011 but at a far less hourly rate than I'm used to. It's been a pretty good job for me but one of my goals this year is to get something that pays a little better, hopefully by March.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The economy killed the job   The economy killed the job Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The economy killed the job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninfest Nation :: Life Outside Gaming :: All other activities-
Jump to: