Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_lcap2100%Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_lcap20%Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_lcap20%Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_lcap2Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii I_voting_barReggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_lcap2Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii I_voting_barReggie speaks on the current status of Wii Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 3:18 am

Reggie on the Wii price drop...
"For us this is a very important move. This is only the second price reduction for Wii hardware since we launched back in November 2006. And in the last home console cycle, the leading system at the time sold almost 50 percent of its volume at a price point of $149 or below."

Reggie on why consumers will pick up a Wii when Project Cafe is on the way...
"When we launch our new home system sometime in 2012 we think the consumer buying in will look very different than the consumer who's going to be buying a Wii now. What we've seen in this business it that there are certain consumers who love being first - they have to have the absolute latest hardware - and there are other consumers that are perfectly happy to wait until the game library is much more robust and they have a wider range of options."

Reggie on declining Wii sales...
"Typically a system peaks in the second year of availability and then gradually declines. Wii was fortunate to have a number of very strong selling years in its 3rd and 4th year of availability. And from our perspective, the curve that we're on is natural and to be expected but importantly, the sales curve is higher than any other system."

Reggie on the 'perfect timing' of the Wii price drop...
"There are a lot of households where kids will be off from school and the parents are either looking for celebratory presents as the children finish the school year or they're looking for a fun exercise to keep the kids busy and happy during the summer time frame. We think there is a wide range of consumers that are wanting to purchase a Wii and what they have been waiting for is this type of announcement."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Hm... good news for... stockholders. :\
LOL Im the fan, Nintendo. plz dont forget!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Fri May 06, 2011 1:31 am

The games are on the way ZeldAnTales! Don't forget how ecstatic you'll be come E3.

Off Wii topic, speaking on 3DS...

I think instead of having a large launch lineup...to make it look like there was a steady stream of games coming out, they should have given us the typical one or two games available at launch. From there they could have released another one or two every week. Kind of like WiiWare. More focus could have been placed on each title and each might have even sold better. That way there wouldn't be so much puzzled looks on gamers faces right now wondering why the immediate dry spell.

Back to Wii...

I'm not expecting too many huge hits to land on the Wii even during the last half of the year. Now that we know the successor is coming and devs have dev kits, surely they are moving the AAA dev teams over to develop for the new console as we speak, leaving the B teams to keep a presence/cash flow on the Wii.

Also I just heard that Saints Row is no longer coming to 3DS. Probably won't disappoint most, but I was looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Fri May 06, 2011 8:18 am

Saints Row... yuck. Good riddance on that crap!

Anyhoo- I think rather than releasing them in a steady fashion, they could have, ya know, actually just made a single fucking game worth half a shit instead. Just one.

But I've got 4 games collecting dust, and after I collected all the hats (and can no longer get any new puzzles thanks to the genius idea that you can only acquire them through NEW Streetpasses), there is nothing repeat NOTHING keeping me playing this thing.

As for Wii- I am with you there. Looks like, save Skyward Sword (which, honestly, I think is taking so long because the control scheme is STUPID), there will be no more Wii games worth a glance.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Mon May 09, 2011 10:15 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Saints Row... yuck. Good riddance on that crap!

See, this is why I like the ZAT. He's the only one on here with sense.

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Anyhoo- I think rather than releasing them in a steady fashion, they could have, ya know, actually just made a single freaking game worth crap instead. Just one.

Hey, they did have one! Go Ghost Recon! (It is sad that the two best games were third party.)

ZeldAnTales wrote:
As for Wii- I am with you there. Looks like, save Skyward Sword (which, honestly, I think is taking so long because the control scheme is STUPID), there will be no more Wii games worth a glance.

You shut your filthy mouth!!! See, this is why I hate the ZAT. He says things... WRONG things! The control scheme is the best EVAR!!!111!1!!11
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Tue May 10, 2011 9:06 am

See, here's my problem: I DON'T WANT TO FEEL LIKE I'M SWINGING A FUCKING SWORD. I want to play a video game. Having this control scheme means now to play this Zelda game I have to be decent at swinging a sword, virtual or otherwise. With TP it was just waggle, so thats really no problem. WiiMotion Plus changes that big time, though.

As for 3DS games- I don't disagree that Ghost Recon was cool, but if you are not into the genre it really isn't a very broad title. Luckily, I have gotten back into Pilotwings with the 3d off!

*sidenote: read in the latest NP and the producer of the 3DS said 3d was actually not in the initial spec, hm... interesting. makes me feel less guilty turning it off, lol.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Wed May 11, 2011 7:41 pm

*sigh*

Where is your faith? Miyamoto never lets us down! I already know it'll be the best Zelda EVAR!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2011 9:38 am

You sound like an Evangelical. Razz

My faith in Zelda has been shaken by the DS games. The first was passable, certainly mediocre in comparison to many other titles, but passable.

Spirit Tracks is garbage, I just don't get how people thought it was better than PH. I understand the Temple of Ocean King was a pain... but so is the damn train shit!

Not to mention I don't like the idea of two separate Link franchises, it cheapens things to me for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm enjoying that train game now! It seems fun so far. You make me sad!

...but I do remember when Zelda games were a magical rarity. They've become so common. Still, they're a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 10:39 am

I just think Spirit Tracks took what little I liked of the "Toon Link" and just added watered down crap. No world exploration? All on trains? Really? That is far too limited for a Zelda game.

And the story... what story? LAME!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Zelda has never really been strong on story- especially portable Zelda. My expectations are also lower on portable zeldas. The DS ones have provided some really fun and creative dungeons, though. Also, I'm not a big fan of world exploration, anymore. It used to be fun, but I don't have the time, anymore. Just get me to the juicy meat.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 11:19 am

The reason I bring up story is because lots of people harolded Sprit Tracks for its "fresh characters" like that evil Leprachaun guy. I thought it was lackluster at best.

As for expecting less from portable Zeldas, I can't agree. Minish Cap is one of the best Zelda's IMO, and Seasons/Ages was just as good as a console game to me, too.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Not liking the train aspect in Spirit Tracks is understandable, but I think the game is far from garbage. I second that Minish Cap is one of the greatest.

But why wouldn't you like to have true one to one sword swinging? Some of us loved the waggle in the first but wanted it to be more accurate, which is one of the reasons people for years were demanding a Star Wars game using one to one. With true sword movement it is going to be a truly immersive experience. You don't have to be a master swordsman to do well, Nintendo will make sure that it is fun and accessible to all gamers.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Plus, the sword swinging, and probably other stuff, will be integral to the puzzles. That, I think, will be more emphasized than dueling.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2011 11:25 am

None of that changes the fact that physical accuracy is a must. I am just saying I wish they would make a separate control scheme, I don't want "a more immersible experience" because honestly for me I never wanted to feel like I was swinging the sword. I see the appeal and applaud it, but I just want button presses. My imagination takes care of the rest, no motion control necessary.

Wii is great, but the greatest games for it hardly utilize motion controls in more then subtle ways.

Galaxy? Pretty straightforward, and what little motion was used was neat but certainly not the pinnacle of the game design.

Twilight Princess? This was less of a masterpiece, though an amazing game. The waggle here was not as necessary and I felt it detracted from the overall experience as it was obviously added for launch purposes.

Mariokart? You can argue that the Wii Wheel is great but lets get real here: The real masters use GCN controllers. Argue all you want. You're wrong.

Donkey Kong Country Returns? Same as Galaxy. And NSMBW. All used minimal motion control (though VERY well and intuitively (though it just as easily could have been button presses, no one swings a controller around to feel the sensation of jumping)).

I trust that they are trying, and that that is why it has still not arrived. Because, I remember when I saw Miyamoto and the demo was all fucked up. They blamed the sensor bar. I was, and still am, skeptical of that.

That being said I still am super pumped and know it will be grand as hell just... nagging skepticism its my nature end rant.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Actually, I don't recall mention of the sensor bar. It was the wireless. The wiimote's wireless signal was being interfered with. If you don't think a massive room full of geeks can ruin a presentation that requires wireless, talk to Steve Jobs. I believe he was humiliated, too. All those devices amount to one big jamming signal. All reports of anyone who's tried it themselves say it controls flawlessly.

The dearth of real motion control on Wii has to do with there being no gyrosocopic sensor from the start. Adding it later runs us into the usual peripheral pit trap- few developers will support it because not everyone has it. That doesn't mean that the Wii Motion Plus is not capable of great motion control.

And they've messed with Zelda control before. Who was skeptical of an all-touch-screen Zelda? Sounded gimmicky to me. Say what you want about those DS ones, but the controls were perfect, and Miyamoto integrated tons of fun ways to do puzzles with it. Things that could not have been done with traditional controls. I have no doubt that this new Zelda will be the same.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Well I'm gonna be stubborn and say I did not enjoy controlling Link via stylus, my hand often got in the way of action, and none of the buttons were put to use at all.

I agree some puzzles were great and I enjoyed the game (sorry, not Spirit Tracks) on DS a lot, but the gimmick is still there and none of the very gimmicky Zelda games (TP, PH, ST) stick out as the superior ones of the franchise.

And as for the presentation, ok I can give them that. But why that game, and why not any other time they had played a Wii game onstage? that's pretty shitty luck I guess.

The irony is by me staying negative and you staying positive we will probably both achieve the same outcome of loving this game, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2011 8:39 pm

Heh. Well, none of their other demos required such precise control. Let's face it: you don't need a good connection to accomplish good waggle. Inteference, though, is why I only use wired controllers for more intense games like Mario Kart. The tiniest bit at the wrong moment can totally hose you! For most games, though, a little doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii   Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Reggie speaks on the current status of Wii
Page 1 of 1