Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_lcap2100%The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_lcap20%The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_lcap20%The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_lcap2The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS I_voting_barThe Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_lcap2The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS I_voting_barThe Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2011 4:04 pm

The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Slider

One of the great things about the 3D on the 3DS is that Nintendo gave us the option of just how much we want. Sliding that 3D slider up and down gives us many different depths to make it as comfortable as possible for everyone. When I first got my 3DS I always put it on full blast, but after a few months I’ve noticed that I like it just slightly less than maximum. The difference is minimal but my eyes just seem to be more immersed in the visuals this way. Our good forum friend ZeldAnTales has difficulty viewing the 3D effects so he leaves them off most of the time. Where do you guys sit on the 3D topic? Is it all or nothing at all, or somewhere in between?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2011 12:17 am

Depends on the game.
SSF4 I leave all the way up. Pilot Wings I turn it off.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2011 1:11 pm

That is not uncommon. I've read many others preferences on Pilotwings. Most of the time they had to turn it down, sometimes because the markers were ghosting. Only one person wished the 3D slider would go higher to add even more depth. It seems as if out of all the current games, Pilotwings gets the 3D turned down the most. I still haven't popped in my copy. lol. I'm interested in seeing what my preference is.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2011 1:19 pm

The blue is just so bright, and yes ghosting happened to me frequently. And in this game especially, movement happens and that blurs the game pretty badly.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri May 27, 2011 2:50 pm

I thought the blurring was because I would accidentally tilt in in particularly intense moments...
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 pm

I'll say this: DOAD's 3D is freaing fantastic. Superior to SSF4 in my opinion. What do you think, Triz?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:38 am

I'll speak on his behalf. He's enjoying it immensely. Told me it's a 5/5. I played it too and I gotta say it somehow outdid SSF4. The 3D in SSF4 at a lot of times has a layered look, where in DoAD it looks more natural and fluid.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:17 am

Me, too. Been playing it any chance I get. Thing hasn't left the 3DS since I bought it, and I am not even slightly interested in going back to SteelDiver (I never finished campaign mode, so repetitive).
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Steel Diver has a campaign? Shocked
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 am

Yeah, 7 missions, 2 unlockable ones, and then time attack mode which uses a periscope view.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:58 am

Bah. IMO, a loose collection of more or less unrelated levels does not a campaign make, but I know what you mean. I was just mocking the idea that it's any sort of campaign.

As for repetitive... no more so than most games, I think. Certianly no more so than any driving game. The question is: is it fun? For you, apparently not. I enjoyed all of the levels- the last ones most of all.

My only complaint about the levels is that there's no reward for killing enemies. You can usually zip past them, and you're actually better rewarded that way, because it gets you a better time. I think killing enemies should at least subtract time, then you can actually gain time if you have the skills to dispatch them quickly enough.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:20 pm

And don't forget to watch the most recent Nintendo Week for the latest tips and tricks on SteelDiver. Basketball
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Can't agree- Antilles. The game is much more repetitive than most games, and offers nothing for the player to keep going. The decals are worthless and matter almost never. I'm sure they help, but I beat all the levels I did with none on at all.

And talk about broke ass multi-player. It just plain sucks.

This title deserves no more than a 3, and thats far too generous when a certain other 3DS game has come out (DOA, it is amazing) and shown us what the 3DS can REALLY do.

Steel Diver's stages were bland, samey, the music was... was there music? Who cares! The gameplay was engaging for about 1 hour, oddly enough thats all it took to beat the first 5 levels and all the periscope mode.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:27 pm

I don't disagree with all of that, but it's hard to have a conversation with someone who hasn't played the best levels.

What ever happened to the days when you could rate games on individual aspects?

Content- 2 stars
Music- 4 stars
Graphics- 3.5 stars
Control- 5 stars
Gameplay- 4 stars
Level Design- 3 stars
Multiplayer- 3 stars (It seems dumb at first, but if you've played it as many times as I have, it starts to show more depth.)
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:47 pm

After reading this I went and beat the last 2 levels and my opinion hasnt changed at all. Graphics 3.5 out of 5? Disagree. Music at 4??? TOTALLY disagree. Level design is a 3??? REALLY?

You guys are just way too generous.

Content - 2
Music - 0 (It sucked, one scale is all we get? One stupid scale?? Fuck, just repeat one note over and over why dont you)
Graphics - 2.5
Control - 5
Gameplay - 2.5 (oft-repetitive, absolutely NO change in how levels are ordered)
Level Design - 2 (bland, ugly colors, boring)
Multiplayer - 0 (i dont care how many times youve played it, it sucks and does a terrible job of acclimating you to how it works)
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:13 pm

I finally played through a bunch of Pilotwings Resort and I see what you're saying Antilles. Ghosting did happen in intense moments by me accidentally tilting the 3DS. But...there are other moments where I was seeing some ghosting, even at menu selection. Maybe it varies from person to person, but I managed to beat the crap out of this game with 3D up. Not very difficult.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Much better as a pack-in, though, I agree.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:48 am

Ghosting doesn't really vary person to person from what I've been told. Its just the fact that sometimes the colors appearing next to each other are too extreme (one too light while another is dark) which basically makes it impossible NOT to ghost. OoT is guilty of LOTS of ghosting, but I forgive it because you have super bright character models sometimes walking into dark caves, can't be helped. Still looks amazing.

That being said... EVERYONE GET RE: MERCS DAMNIT!!! i HAVE NOT PUT IT DOWN AND HAVE TOTALLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT OoT.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:41 am

*sigh* Hopefully I'll get around to picking up RE:TM...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS   The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Many Depths of 3D on 3DS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninfest Nation :: News :: 3DS-
Jump to: