Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_lcap2100%Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_lcap20%Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_lcap20%Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_lcap2Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch I_voting_barRetail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_lcap2Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch I_voting_barRetail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew999
Yoshi
Yoshi
Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
Coins : 709

PostSubject: Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch   Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 am

First off, is this where I post Wii U stuff? lol
Alongside the news that the 3DS eShop is getting retail downloads from August, is the Wii U having an online store with retail downloads available at launch, unlike the 3DS. So every Nintendo-published title on the Wii U will be available as a download! Very Happy I'm more excited for this than the 3DS as it seems more practical on Wii U. Even if the internal hard drive isn't big enough, we can plug in external USB HDD's. I think I'll be fine with my 1TB HDD, lol. Also no price or release date will be revealed until after E3, probably at a Nintendo Direct. Lol I just thought that with the Wii U's NFC capabilities, you could hold your credit card up to the Wii U and instantly buy a new game and download it instantly without any effort at all!
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch   Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:06 am

I dont get excited for full retail downloads. They are huge files (usually over 5gb) and Id much rather have my game on a disc honestly.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch   Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:51 am

I'm with Triz. Plus, you can sell discs. (I almost never do, but being able to buy used is a nice option.)
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch   Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am

This is exciting news. I'd still like my retail games on a disc or card, however if they give us the option to download the game for free if you buy the disc, I might do that. I'd love to own the disc but still have the game installed so I don't have to pull it out every time I want to play. Not sure I'd do this on 3DS but I can see myself getting a large external hard drive for Wii U since the system probably won't have enough storage room.

And yes, this will be where we can post Wii U news. I'll officially change it to Wii U once the system launches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch   Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Yeah, I'd be down with that. The other advantage to having a game installed is it is generally much faster.

Hey, Wii-U deserves its own section- especially if its name changes.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch   Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Ok. For now I'll change it to News > Wii / Wii U.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com

Retail downloads also coming to Wii U, from launch
Page 1 of 1