Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Wii U with eBook could be huge Vote_lcap2100%Wii U with eBook could be huge Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Wii U with eBook could be huge Vote_lcap20%Wii U with eBook could be huge Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Wii U with eBook could be huge Vote_lcap20%Wii U with eBook could be huge Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Wii U with eBook could be huge Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Wii U with eBook could be huge Vote_lcap2Wii U with eBook could be huge I_voting_barWii U with eBook could be huge Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Wii U with eBook could be huge Vote_lcap2Wii U with eBook could be huge I_voting_barWii U with eBook could be huge Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Wii U with eBook could be huge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Wii U with eBook could be huge Nintendo_wii_u_strategy_guide

We've heard that eBook functionality will probably be a part of Wii U but not much has been said outside the rumor that old Nintendo Power Magazines and Players Guides could be viewed in digital form. I'm so excited for this feature and hope it's available soon after launch. It could be huge. We've heard about the possibility of Microsoft's SmartGlass or Sony's CrossPlay taking a bite out of Nintendo's Wii U charm, but what if Wii U makes a fine replacement for eBooks? Don't have an ebook or tablet but have a Wii U? No problem..AND the Wii U can do so much more!

If the GamePad has the range of say a Wave Bird and you can take it all around your house and still be connected to the console, then the ability to store eBooks on your console will be awesome. I'd love to download all sorts of magazines, like the new NES-bit magazine that is only $1.50 a copy. Not to mention books for all those that love to read can do just that in the comfort of their own bed as they go to sleep. It would replace your favorite toilet reading material. Just take your GamePad to the bathroom as you drop the kids off at the pool. Instead of buying a tablet for some $200-$300, why not get a Wii U and have all that extra Nintendo gaming goodness? Sure you can't take it on the road, but if you're like me, I have most of my portable experiences at home anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:18 pm

no thanks. Why use the bulky controller when you can use an ebook that most people already have? And can go anywhere with you? I think your enthusiasm is getting the best of you. Dont you guys already have an ebook too?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:37 pm

I don't have an eBook. As you know the wife has one...but that's hers. The GamePad may be a bit on the larger side but it is lighter than an iPad. Easier to hold for longer periods of time.

And to say most people already have one...I don't know about that. I think the correct wording would be many people, not most. There are a lot of people out there without one, like myself. And if there are people like me that wouldn't use a tablet or eBook away from home besides the one or two vacations a year, then this would be perfect. Nintendo just needs to sell this feature, and casuals on the fence about getting a tablet/eBook or upgrading might take this option. It's like killing two birds with one stone. A new gaming system and eBook all for one low price.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Your failing to realize something here, Nintendo would need to have some sort of Ebook store. They dont even allow thier machines to play DVD's, what makes you think they would put an ebook store up? LOL.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:23 pm

I'd think an eBook store wouldn't cost them much to set up. They could include it within the eShop of the Wii U. We already know some digital publications are going to be a part of Wii U and I'm hoping more jump aboard so Nintendo would be prompted to make an ebook store of sorts.

If they just have a handful I can see each one just being its own thing you can access on Wii U, maybe having its own channel (going by Wii definitions).

I think if Nintendo wants to make Wii U more attractive to casual gamers this would be an area to explore.

DVD is something completely different. Looking at problems PlayStations have when doing double duty with movies and games, it's probably smart for the longevity of Nintendo consoles not to play movies. PLUS...more people own DVD/blu-ray players than ebooks/tablets so it's a decision that makes sense. Cheaper hardware by taking out a feature that MOST people already have, helping the console last longer at the same time.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:11 pm

I think a paid monthly service where I can openly peruse nintendo powers and any strat guide I pleased is in order.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Streex is right- most do not own an ebook. More own some sort of tablet device, but that's still not everyone. I don't have one. I did get my wife an Android tablet recently, but as Streex said about his own wife's- it's hers. I'll lose a hand if I try to take that thing.

I'm kind of between you guys on this. I don't think it's a feature to get super excited about. I'd frankly sooner see a reader app for my 3DS. Still, it's not a terrible idea.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:04 pm

I think it would be a great idea more for casual gamers than myself. I hear a lot of chatter on the interwebs on how Nintendo is going to capture the casual gamer another generation and I think something like this would be the way to go.

Small sidetrack...
To be honest, sometimes I get stuck in a game on my Wii and I'll have the 3DS open in front of me to browse Gamefaqs to get me past the confusing parts. It's so handy to have that extra screen (or two in my example) for quick tips. It's possible to do this without a GamePad but it's something many aren't aware of that Nintendo can capitalize on.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Streex wrote:
Small sidetrack...
To be honest, sometimes I get stuck in a game on my Wii and I'll have the 3DS open in front of me to browse Gamefaqs to get me past the confusing parts. It's so handy to have that extra screen (or two in my example) for quick tips. It's possible to do this without a GamePad but it's something many aren't aware of that Nintendo can capitalize on.

Wasn't that a huge part of their pre-E3 presentation? Telling people they can use the Wii-U's online community features to do just that?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Yeah that is what I'm implying. That Nintendo is going to bring this features to the forefront and I'm sure many are going to find it handy. It would also be awesome if you can quickly jump online on the GamePad to a site like Gamefaqs just in case you can't find the help you're looking for from Miiverse. Maybe I'll just forget both and call my grandpa for gaming tips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U with eBook could be huge   Wii U with eBook could be huge Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wii U with eBook could be huge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninfest Nation :: News :: Wii U-
Jump to: