Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_lcap2100%Wii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_lcap20%Wii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_lcap20%Wii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_lcap2Wii U's lack of Online presence... I_voting_barWii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Wii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_lcap2Wii U's lack of Online presence... I_voting_barWii U's lack of Online presence... Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Wii U's lack of Online presence...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 am

Anyone else restless? I know they aren't going to show us EVERYTHING but... a few first party games online woulda been nice.
Does anyone know what games have online? I know for a fact its only 3rd party games.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Well there is online connectivity in alot of the games just not online play. Im getting more concerned about the online play myself. Activision mentioned yesterday that the Call of duty Season pass isnt "ready" for the WiiU. Arguably the biggest online game for the system and they dont have it worked out yet. That scares me.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm nervous, too. Zombie-U has online features, but it sounds like no online multiplayer. This could really kill the Wii-U. I know this was our earliest concern, and it sounds like it's still the biggest. This may be why Tank Tank Tank is not a launch title- they are waiting for online to get up and running.

I don't worry terribly much about first party lack of online- Nintendo has always focused on the living room, and none of their launch titles is the kind of game they'd do online on. Still, I'd hate to see this be a thing they don't get worked out until after the competition brings out their systems- kind of like how they did with making the Wii work they way we originally expected it to. (Wii Remote Plus being only one example.) They spent years on that. If they do that again I'm done.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:29 pm

I truly think this new generation of gamers has been raised ON ONLINE GAMING. It may not seem necessary to you or I but to the next gen not being able to have online drop in drop out co-op on a Mario game seems like, well, a dated way to do things. You can connect on a deeper online level on Facebook than with an entire Nintendo console.

In an age where internet is not only there but dominant Nintendo is missing the boat and though from a dev standpoint I salute them I have to question their encompassing vision a tad.

Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:13 pm

I think the big problem that a lot of devs are having is Nintendo's lack of sharing information on the online capabilities. It seems Nintendo is just now getting info to them which could mean it won't be ready when the games come out and will have to be patched in later. Not a big fan of that. I still hold hope that it will be a truly remarkable online experience but it is frustrating that they didn't have it ready sooner.

Of course this is Nintendo we're talking about so I'm a bit scared that the full reveal will be an experience still short on common sense. The fanboy in me wants to believe that they've held it close to vest until the last possible moment so other companies wouldn't be so quick to make it a part of their consoles before Wii U launches. That's why I think Nintendo didn't share news of Nintendo TVii until now, that is if they've had it in their sights for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 pm

If you mean games- those can't really be patched to allow online. They have to be developed with the specific online system in mind. If you mean the system itself- that's a frighteningly real possibility, which historically speaking only spells disaster for Nintendo. How many times did they promise us something cool sounding that they never delivered? (I'm still waiting for my N64 DD and Gamecube internet...)

It's one thing to play close to the vest with things like the controller, which is the most innovative part of the system, but just how innovative could they even get with online? They're not saying anything with substance about the online, and that is spooking people. Most assume it's just not there, and many will have already written the Wii U off by this point, because there's no logical reason for Nintendo to keep it to themselves if they have a great online system set up for us already.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Antilles wrote:
Most assume it's just not there, and many will have already written the Wii U off by this point, because there's no logical reason for Nintendo to keep it to themselves if they have a great online system set up for us already.

qft
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:19 pm

No first party launch titles having online doesn't matter to me because I know Nintendo still believes first and foremost the living room multiplayer experience is boss (to mirror Antilles earlier comment). But having a great online experience for the third parties is essential at launch.

One thing I've read is how awesome Nintendo's online features are from an indie developer standpoint. Quicker turnaround of games being made available, more profit in the developers pocket, no worries of fitting the game into a size requirement, etc. It all sounds quite dandy. Maybe from a consumer's standpoint we'll all be very pleased as well. Nintendo seems to be putting in a lot of work with online structure recently so maybe they just want to surprise us...or maybe there is one more Nintendo Direct lined up to answer these final burning questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Whats the line? Shit or get off the pot? Yeah, that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U's lack of Online presence...   Wii U's lack of Online presence... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wii U's lack of Online presence...
Page 1 of 1