Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
How are Wii feeling? Vote_lcap2100%How are Wii feeling? Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
How are Wii feeling? Vote_lcap20%How are Wii feeling? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
How are Wii feeling? Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
How are Wii feeling? Vote_lcap2How are Wii feeling? I_voting_barHow are Wii feeling? Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
How are Wii feeling? Vote_lcap2How are Wii feeling? I_voting_barHow are Wii feeling? Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

How are Wii feeling?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:18 am

Well... We've had our Wii Us for 3 months now. For the first month or so I'd say I played it every other day or so. Mostly Nintendoland, occasionally NSMBU.

Then I got Sonic Racing, Tekken Tag 2, amd Zombie U. Downloaded Trine 2, Little Inferno, Chasing Aurora (ugh), Mighty Switch Force HD, and The Cave (ugh again). Throw Balloon Fight in there, too. Obviously not all at once.

Yet Dec. saw a little less playtime, and we didn't even set it up for Christmas like we had done with the Wii EVERY year before. Come January, it was on 5 or 6 times total.

Mario was beaten (not 100% but after just 100%-ing NSMB2 weeks earlier you'll forgive my lack of determination). Nintendoland gets stale without multiple players ( online play really could have saved this I think), Tekkens controls are too crappy on the Gamepad and they haven't made an arcade stick yet so... yeah.

Sonic Racing is a solid arcade racer, but as an arcade racer its tough and takes a lot of practice. I pop it in from time to time, but it will never replace Mariokart, blue shell or not.

Zombie U is terribly vanilla. Don't get me wrong, they nail the intensity factor. The atmospheres are dank and drab and right on. But the overall design and story are so bland that it keeps me from staying invested. A decent attempt.

Onto the downloads. Trine 2 looks great, plays well, and... have yet to play it online with any of you... stay tuned...
Little Inferno was great fun but very short. The ending is worth it, but the replayability is ZERO.
Chasing Aurora is awful and no more words will be wasted on it. Damn impulse sales buys!
MSFHD is a great game but I bought it more to support Wayforward than for my love of the game. The HD looks fabulous though, and the gameplay hook still kicks ass.
The Cave, to me, seems like the "new cool" gaming thing these days. More online co-op puzzleish shit. I mean, it looks good, physics are nice, and its my faul for not reading reviews, but the narrative is obnoxious and the dark colors really strain my colorblind ass.

Balloon Fight has received the most play and considering I've been playing that since '87 its kinda depressing that its my go-to game on my Wii U.

The most recent Nintendo Direct seems to entice... but with no games releasing this month man my Wii U is getting dusty. :\
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:41 pm

No games releasing this month? Rayman Legends bro! That's definitely on my purchase list. Probably the only demo I came back to several times. Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 also hits in February but I can understand not caring about that one.

Outside of using the Wii U as an exercise machine I definitely turn it on at least once a week with the fam for family game night. Last Sunday we played some Batman Arkham City and Balloon Fight. Man, Batman is awesome. If you haven't tried it yet maybe jump into that one. I also turn it on to Nintendo TVii when I'm watching Laker games to chat with others during the game. Watched a movie (The Imposter) on Amazon last Monday using Wii U and the last couple days I was catching up on Modern Family and SNL on Hulu.

Overall I think it gets as much attention here as the Wii did, turned on for about 15 hours a week (includes all non-gaming i.e. exercise time, TVii, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon), but so far this year my 3DS gets more of my gaming time. I don't think that it's because there's nothing to play. Nintendo really blew it up with a massive launch, it's impossible for anyone to have beaten all the games. But I know, we are always looking for new things to play and the drought can be painful. I'm hoping come March you'll be singing a different tune. For me I have tons of games left rarely played due to lack of time that is being challenged by my 3DS, so I'm still in that camp of people that still looks at the Wii U with excited eyes.

It's quite sad that the only games I've beaten so far on Wii U are Game Party Champions (rented) and Balloon Fight.

Also there is a stick available for Tekken, but it's $160. Might want to wait for the price to come down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:05 pm

I did not know about that stick, what a beast! It must be mine!

And every Wii U game I have except Zombi U I have beaten. And I really am not interested in the Batman game. I played the first one and just wasnt for me.

I guess my hype is just way down. The 3DS consumes so much of my game time... I feel like I'm neglecting my Wii U, man!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:01 pm

The problem is that the Wii U is failing. I put the blame squarely on these pansy, idiot 3rd-party chickens like Capcom who adopt this worthless wait-and-see attitude. The Wii U is not selling well and it's at least partly because people don't see the big companies jumping on board. Nintendo went all-out to create the biggest launch ever, but have these guys come around? Where are the announcements for RE6 or Tomb Raider on Wii U? How are all these multi-platform games coming for 360 and PS3, but not Wii U? You idiots can't claim it's due to having to downscale anymore!!!

I gave Capcom props for giving such love to 3DS, but looking back I see now it was simply because the 3DS was an inevitable success. Nintendo will remain king of the portable consoles for the foreseeable future. Supporting Wii U is a risk. Of course, if they supported it, it would be DOING WELL!!! Sorry for the rant. I'm so FRUSTRATED.

I like the Wii U fine. Been too busy lately to play it much, but there are more games I want to play for it if I need them. I want it to be better for those with insatiable appetites like Z, though, because if it isn't, it will die, and I won't get the first party games I love anymore, or great 3rd party ones like ZombiU, with the gameplay and control that only the WiiU can deliver.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:20 pm

I see the Wii U really tanking if Nintendo doesn't get some serious support. My opinion? Keep making ties with the new kids on the block like they are (Platinum, Team Ninja) as well as the niche and obscure (Atlus, Xseed). Namco Ubisoft, and Tecmo have invested in the U, as has Sega.

If they can make the U the go to console for Atlus and Xseed I see the RPG-faithful really putting their all behind the system. X is first party, but FE vs SMT is Atlus... Xseed is bringing over Pandora's Tower for Wii as they did Last Story. Some interesting connections being made there.

And if you think my appetite is bad you should read Gamfaqs or NEOgaf man... fans are not happy with the system and the trolls are loving it. Nintendo... we're waiting! lol
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 am

RPG fans, though vocal, are an unfortunate minority. RPGs won't save the U. We need the big mainstream, multi-platform titles. I personally almost never buy multi-platformers because they are invariably inferior to your average Nintendo exclusive. Still, there's no accounting for taste, which is why Sony and M$ do so well.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Never said they would save the Wii U, use that English major of yours and re-read! Razz

Said making ties with as many niche/new devs/pubs as possible would save the U, then used some RPGs as an example because I brought up Atlus and Xseed. And by save, I don't necessarily mean best-selling of this gen.

And about those multi-plats... It didn't save the Gamecube. Nintendo has more of an aesthetic/business practice problem than software problem to me. They have enough 1st and 3rd party exclusives to always be ok, but its their business credibility thats harms them with the... ahem, "hardcores." They just come off as stiff and for kids.

Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 pm

I play my Wii U more than the other consoles actually, mostly cause I bought COD for it. And playing on the gamepad allows me more time to game. But, yes another launch by Nintendo with too high a price point. Its not selling, software isnt selling, it costs too much right now. And im raging hardcore at the delay of Rayman Legends, a complete game for the WiiU getting delayed till September so it can have a multiplay launch.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I have been 3DS-ing my butt off. So many good RPGs on it lately. Tried some Ninja Gaiden 3 on my U today, seems decent. Might tide me over but I too am pissed at Rayman being delayed... A big hit for the U imo...
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 am

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Never said they would save the Wii U, use that English major of yours and re-read! Razz

Said- no. Intimated- yes. Whether or not that intimation was intended, only you can say, but you clearly believe RPGs would contribute to the Wii U's salvation. You may be right, but I don't see it. RPGs just don't sell like they used to in the SNES days, with a few notable exceptions. I guess I'm just bitter that Xenoblade and Last Story didn't do better. Yes, they were on a dying system, but it's a system with a massive install base and the two games had NO other competition. I have long loved RPGs, and am disappointed that they seem largely ignored today.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:00 pm

When Xenoblade Chronicles first came out last year Triz predicted it would sell 250K and I predicted that it would reach a million. Fans have almost made me correct, the game has pushed 830,000 copies. Gettin there. The Last Story is sitting at 480,000 right now. I think these numbers are pretty respectful for being released on the Wii's last year.

Can RPG's help drive console sales? Sure, if it's the big ones. I'm talking Earthbound, Final Fantasy, or even a new Chrono Trigger. If familiar big names in the genre rear their beautiful head again I'm sure they could become system sellers. We were shown a new trailer for what looked like a Xeno-something RPG on the last Nintendo Direct. That could be pretty epic now that Xenoblade has carved a spot in a lot of gamers hearts.

As far as price is concerned, I'm hearing a lot of those complaints too, but that always happens. Consumers will always balk at price. We want everything as cheap as possible all the time, but Nintendo has stated they aren't backing off the launch price. As long as they continue to complain when the Xbox720 and PS4 are announced at $400, I can accept it as just common consumer banter and not hater chat. Personally I think the price is fair and would have gotten the $300 bundle but I made the choice to pay the extra $50. $300 for a new console these days is pretty cheap if you ask me. Are we gonna hear the same "this console is too expensive" talk when the other systems are more than $300?

I think what's hurting Wii U the most is delays. Nintendo isn't getting positive word of mouth if early adopters are upset at being told something is coming and then it gets delayed. Nintendo TVii is still a shell of what it is supposed to be, numerous games delayed and grrr...Rayman Legends. The games are packed away in boxes in a werehouse somewhere and now they are going to sit there collecting dust for 7 months. The love/hate Ubisoft relationship continues. It bothers me so much that I feel I'm doing a disservice to myself and other gamers when I play a Ubisoft game I own. It's that bad.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:24 pm

You wont hear the same banter of the next consoles costing too much because they are actually packing tech worthy of the cost lol.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Antilles wrote:
ZeldAnTales wrote:

Said- no. Intimated- yes. Whether or not that intimation was intended, only you can say, but you clearly believe RPGs would contribute to the Wii U's salvation. You may be right, but I don't see it. RPGs just don't sell like they used to in the SNES days, with a few notable exceptions. I guess I'm just bitter that Xenoblade and Last Story didn't do better. Yes, they were on a dying system, but it's a system with a massive install base and the two games had NO other competition. I have long loved RPGs, and am disappointed that they seem largely ignored today.

NO. I believe that by giving MANY niche styles to fans (including the (j)rpg niche, which whether you want to believe or not, is a sizable reason many people chose a PS3 over a Wii or 360) Nintendo can stay on top of their game (not necessarily top of this console gen). I think The Last Story and Xenoblades numbers prove you wrong. The titles were successes and thats why the Wii is getting the third "Op Rainfall" game Pandora's Tower.

@ Triz: What tech are they packing?
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Actual progessive hardware. If the rumours are true its more powerful than my gaming pc i built last year. Wii U cost is high due to the gamepad, the tech is basically a PS3 or 360, not really next gen.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:27 pm

Well it is next gen because generations don't go by power, they go by release time... Otherwise we should categorize each system in its own "generation" in which case the Wii U is definitely Nintendo's "next gen" regardless of inferior tech.

Which I'm not defending, I realize it is as powerful (and not much more) as a PS3 but stating it isn't next gen does everyone a disservice. It is "next gen" though the argument could be made it is now current gen as the ps4 and 720 will be when they're released.

Also: I've heard rumors just the opposite, that they will all be geared toward "casual" markets more than last time and use cheaper hardware to recoup from last gens strenuous costs.

Honestly- how can Sony afford to go balls-out again when the PS3 has only been gaining steam this last 2-3 years? It just seems like a bad time to release a new console period IMO.

Neogaf for these rumors? Thats where I've heard some... and Gamefaqs/Spot for what its worth.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:04 pm

I think people will be surprised how these next systems will not be as large of a leap as many in the past (ie. 8 to 16 bit to 64 etc.) The rumors I've been hearing on the PS4 have been closer to what ZeldAnTales writes, that it will not be terribly more powerful than the Wii U. And really how can they afford to? If the rumors that Triz hears are true, that it will be massive and cost a lot, then Sony hasn't learned a damn thing the past 7 years. Good luck selling that beast. It's the reason they went from first to worst last gen.

And speaking of generations...Wii U is current, 360 and PS3 is last. specs don't define generations. end of story.

How does the PS4 get a good start? More TV integration. Put a DVR in that thing. Maybe make it so it can replace your cable box. It already has replaced blu-ray players. Making it more of the one system for all living room entertainment is the way to go. Give the controller a touch screen. Graphics can't make a sizeable jump like past advances so they have to do other things to move units.

Ya know, I think there will be compaining on price. That's what consumers always do! Look at the PS3 when it first came out. So technologically advanced, future-proofed, built for the next 10 years, blah blah blah. $600 is a fair price Sony said. Consumers balked. Massive price cut was forced to keep them competitive.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 pm

lol only the nintendo faithful are the ones who say Nintendo is next gen. Putting out a system with same tech as 7 year old hardware in no way is a definition of "next." I will pick up a ps3 or xbox successor at a $400 price point.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Should we just classify the Wii U in a gen all its own so you can feel better about your bigger muscled consoles?

I don't understand what your problem is, Triz. You act like admitting it is in the same console generation as the other consoles somehow detracts from the others power? We all know Nintendo is never going to release the toughest guy on the block... So why is it wrong?

Are you seriously only going to cite technical aspects of machines that you have no real evidence of even existing?
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Are you pretending that with all the leaks out there none of them hold any truth? It seems we will know in a week about the ps4, so the theorized specs will become confirmed specs. Doesnt change the fact that both the systems will be leaps ahead of the WiiU. I know its pointless debating this with you guys as you are the hardcore Nintendo guys. Wii was a gen behind and the WiiU will be too.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Triz wrote:
lol only the nintendo faithful are the ones who say Nintendo is next gen. Putting out a system with same tech as 7 year old hardware in no way is a definition of "next." I will pick up a ps3 or Xbox successor at a $400 price point.

That is because only the Nintendo faithful are intelligent enough to know the difference between the extremely simple and uninspired process of upping technical specs and the true innovation that advances the state of gaming. Who had the most powerful system last gen? Well, Nintendo was dead last. What defined last gen? Motion controls. Who made that happen? Nintendo with the Wii. Who was forced to follow suit? Everyone else.

I think it's a simple enough equation to follow. Mark my words: We will see inspiration from the Wii U (and still from the Wii) in both Sony and Microsoft's offerings.

Z- I was not aware of those numbers. While they are more encouraging than I thought, they do not prove much. As I said, they had no competition. Anyway, I still think the big multi-plats, like COD, bring in the numbers. Don't forget the bulk of the gaming population is no longer that bright. (See above.) I wish it weren't so- I wish niche games could help more, but they're niche for a reason. Some would say Nintendo itself is niche. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 am

I like how Triz has no real valid argument and offers no answers to questions I posed, and he says its no use arguing with us! Nice try, man!

Furthermore- I've heard rumors on both sides of the spectrum so if I do what you say, base my opinion off of rumors (always a genius idea!), then I'm left thinking... it will be either slightly more powerful.... or way more powerful than the last console.

And lulz at "Nintendo Faithful" used in some petty negative demeanor. Yet you get upset when I call you a troll... Pot, meet kettle! cheers
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:36 pm

lol Triz. Only Nintendo faithful would call Wii U next gen? Take a look around the interwebs. Wii was in the same class or gen as the PS3 and 360. the Wii U is the first for the next gen. You spend too much time on them silly sites.

But if we are to play your game and throw everything that makes a console out the window except for specs, Wii U is still the next gen. follow me....

The Wii was truly in the same class as the 360 and PS3. Why? It was more powerful than all the previous consoles in the last gen (GameCube,Xbox, PS2). Maybe not by much, but it was. So it was the lowest in performance compared to 360 and PS3. Someone has to be the lowest. But the fact is all 3 systems had more under the hood than the previous gen.

Let's take a look at the situation today. Wii U just came out and already the games look just as good if not better than 360 and PS3. Once developers learn how to utilize what Wii U has to offer they are going to perform and look a lot better in a few years time. To say Wii U is on par with those systems is shallow minded when devs have had less than a year to work with its potential. Don't believe me? Compare a launch PS3 or 360 title to a game on those systems coming out today. They look much better. Why? The devs have had 7 years to work with it and are fully tapping their power. I guarantee you the Wii U is more powerful than the 360 and PS3 if it's already on par.

So if the Wii U is more powerful than anything last gen then it is truly the beginning of the next gen. It doesn't matter how much more tech and specs are in the PS4 or 720 because Wii U is boss to their predecessors.

Also, there is no rule that says a console has to be so many times more powerful than a previous console to be considered next gen.

In your mind, you attempt to make your opinion law by saying opposing opinions are just Nintendo fans thoughts, but like I said, everywhere you look the Wii is compared and placed in the same gen as the others and the same will happen with Wii U.

When it comes to defining a gen with specs or innovation, Nintendo is rightfully in the next gen as we speak...any way you look at it.

Streex has spoken.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Wii was in same class as 360 and PS3? Tell me how all those ports were...

And the Wii U has been torn apart, its factually correct to say its more powerful in some areas as the ps3/360 and weaker in others. But that isnt going to matter when the next systems come out. Just hope with the power it currently has the ports dont end up like they did last time. But does that really matter? I mean I buy Nintendo systems for the Nintendo games. Ill just get the multiplat games on the other systems.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Also more doom and gloom came out today. Wii U January sales numbers for US, sub 70k. Xbox and PS3 have never had a month that low. Im gonna get pissed if they ambassador us again.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 am

It is not, in fact, weaker in any area. That processor nonsense comes from people who do not know what they are talking about comparing apples with oranges. As has been discussed previously, clock speed is now useless as a measure of performance, and attempts at comparing the Wii U's processor with PS3 or 360 have not been based on any legitimate bench test designed to properly test performance. Bench testing is a very tricky science even under ideal circumstances- and these were not even real tests.

Their comparisons amounted to nothing more than trying to say the SNES is more powerful than the Genesis because it can run Pilotwings. (No, the Mode 7 chip does not make the SNES stronger- it's just a set of instructions that makes scaling easier.) The fact that the SNES was actually stronger is beside the point.) The point is Pilotwings was optimized for SNES, so it's not a valid test.

All that said, I am beginning to wonder if the Wii U will ever see its potential. With sales this low, there will be fewer and fewer devs willing to make good games for it. There will be less experimentation. Less potential sales reduces R&D budgets. I worry we're already seeing a Saturn-esque death spiral.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How are Wii feeling?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninfest Nation :: News :: Wii U-
Jump to: