Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2100%How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 I_voting_barHow are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 I_voting_barHow are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

How are Wii feeling?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:36 am

If we get ambassadored again I will have to kill someone. Great! Free games I already own, sweet!

The Saturn... THERE'S innovation. Razz
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Wii certainly wasn't part of the previous class either. You can tear apart a console up and down and unless you are a savvy developer that actually uses what is inside, you can't tell me what can be done with it. there are some pretty dumb developers out there that have slanted the Wii U. Basically just sitting there looking at it scratching their heads, not sure how to work with it. Then there are others, the scholar devs, that have said that this thing has so much untapped potential that are currently developing on it right now trying to really make some impressive stuff. I've heard some good things about the Need for Speed title that should hopefully be another prime example of a game that can shine better on Wii U than the others. And we're just at the starting gate.

Here's another flood of proof. You wouldn't think the Saturn was on par with the Nintendo 64 or Playstation would you? But it is. Classified as part of the 5th generation of consoles. Guess where the Dreamcast is classified? With the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox in the sixth generation. And you want to really talk about a system with specs that blew its competition out of the water? Neo Geo, part of the Super Nintendo and Genesis gen (or 4th generation). Super expensive and capable of truly bringing the arcade quality home. But it was so much more powerful! Super NES and Genesis couldn't dream of matching that performance! Well... too bad son.

I want to make a t-shirt that says "Nintendo DOOMED... since 1996". There is absolutely no evidence that will convince me Wii U is not next gen. At the end of the day it really is a ridiculous argument because it doesn't really matter. It doesn't benefit anyone, but I know it will be classified as the beginning of this next gen by the tracking sites that matter, and that's all that matters to me. If someone thinks the Wii U isn't next gen, then they have to live with that and move on.

Sales are abysmal and that is a clear indication of what is happening currently. No big AAA titles, delays, nothing really coming out period. The internet lives and dies with each story daily, but before everyone goes running for the hills please give Nintendo a chance. We saw this very thing happen with the 3DS and now it is outselling the pace of the DS. Never forget...games sell consoles and Wii U lacks that. Remember there was nothing worth playing on the PS3 for two years. I doubt we'll have to wait that long but an early drought on new consoles happens pretty often.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:06 pm

IMO there's still almost nothing to play on PS3 that you can't play on 360. Most Sony exclusives are so uninspiring and blah. God of War, bro!!!

Anyways... the 3DS didn't seem to have the same level of shit-talking from ANY devs, and I didn't see THAT many cancellations. I can only remember one, really. Assassin's Creed. Another turd IMO. No loss for the 3DS, obviously!

@Streex: of course there is no evidence to convince you, thats because there is none! Console generations are based on release time and additional features not found in the previous iteration of a company's console. An example from Wikipedia:

"The Xbox 360 offered games rendered natively at HD resolutions, the PlayStation 3 offered, in addition to FHD gaming, HD movie playback via a built-in 3D Blu-ray Disc player, and the Wii focused on integrating controllers with movement sensors as well as joysticks."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And don't forget the PC Engine/TurboGrafx, also more powerful than the two big bois (SNES and Genny)!!!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Thank you, Streex. I had almost lost faith!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:09 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
If we get ambassadored again I will have to kill someone.

They appear to be working around the problem by price dropping without price dropping. A price drop might be a smack in the face, but this ZombiU bundle that costs $40 more than we paid but comes with ZombiU and the pro controller is at least a solid punch in the arm. Hopefully it moves some units, though.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:42 pm

If that B-game moves units I'll be thoroughly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:41 am

It's a better showcase for the Gamepad than Nintendo Land is. Rather than several games that use the gamepad in different ways, it uses almost all of the features all in one game.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Ok.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:19 pm

When it comes to third party, it seems Zombi U would be the one to generate the most sales. It's currently the most popular third party title. It's a pretty good bundle but I think sales will still suffer because there isn't anything new coming yet. March seems to be a bit brighter. Maybe they can coordinate some key marketing to coincide with the March offerings.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:47 pm

While we're on the topic of sales though, I want to display something that shows the Wii U sales to date on a brighter note. I've been accused of twisting numbers and facts before to spin positive out of negative, but see how the rest of the internet started talking about how successful the 3DS is after the initial quarterly sales numbers tried to say it was spiraling out of control.

With the Wii U right now all you hear is the same ol Nintendo is doomed talk again, but take a look at this chart:

How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Three-month-console-totals-v2

As you can see, the Wii U through its first 3 months is actually doing better than the PS3 and 360 in the same launch period. Things don't look well at the moment but the strong launch has them looking better than the other consoles' infant stages.

Sorry if I spin too much positive for Nintendo. There is so many journalists out there that know Nintendo has the most passionate fans of any console and they know all they have to do is write a slanderous post, or click bait, to boost traffic. Probably why it seems Nintendo is always in trouble for those that live on the internet.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Hit the nail on the head, Streex. The best are usually hated for being the best, always has been always will be.

For instance, everyone hates me and I am just the damnedest bestest guy ever! Wink

Seriously though, I have been alive and in adulthood for every launch since GCN. There has NEVER, EVER been as awesome a launch for me personally than the Wii. Not even close. The 3DS and Wii U tie for most disappointing, though. I wasn't really interested in PS3 at launch, though many friends were just as pessimistic about it as I have been the U.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:05 pm

I thought the Wii U launch was outstanding, actually. 3Ds is probably universally the worst, but I still had fun and was excited.

I'm not saying this is doom for Nintendo, but the difference for Nintendo then as opposed to now is that when the Wii came out, it didn't have two much more powerful consoles looming in the near future. (It did have one, true, but that one was super expensive. Maybe these ones will be, too. I dunno. It just feels different this time.)
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 am

Streex wrote:
While we're on the topic of sales though, I want to display something that shows the Wii U sales to date on a brighter note. I've been accused of twisting numbers and facts before to spin positive out of negative, but see how the rest of the internet started talking about how successful the 3DS is after the initial quarterly sales numbers tried to say it was spiraling out of control.

With the Wii U right now all you hear is the same ol Nintendo is doomed talk again, but take a look at this chart:

How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Three-month-console-totals-v2

As you can see, the Wii U through its first 3 months is actually doing better than the PS3 and 360 in the same launch period. Things don't look well at the moment but the strong launch has them looking better than the other consoles' infant stages.

Sorry if I spin too much positive for Nintendo. There is so many journalists out there that know Nintendo has the most passionate fans of any console and they know all they have to do is write a slanderous post, or click bait, to boost traffic. Probably why it seems Nintendo is always in trouble for those that live on the internet.

The difference being is you couldnt find an xbox 360 on the shelf hence limiting the sales. I have seen Wii U on shelves since week 2 never a supply constraint. People are not buying it by choice not because they cant find it.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 am

Also good rule of thumb: If your company isnt even commenting on the sales numbers with spin, its because there is no way to spin it lol. Sony and Nintendo had no comment this month.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Antilles wrote:
I thought the Wii U launch was outstanding, actually.

The Wii U just felt like such a half-ass launch. I don't know how you can say it was outstanding when 4 months after its release most people (that I speak to, who aren't salivating gamers or internet junkies) STILL think its a new Wii controller, not a new system. The advertising was abysmal, the games seemed cool and mostly fell short (to be expected for launches to a degree) of expectations, and almost every game promised in the near future has become the distant future. Not exactly outstanding for me... but if you had fun thats all that matters! Smile I will say I was super-hyped until I got it home and played it. The super slow OS really hurt to me. Still, my faith wasn't shaken until... after about a month and a half or so I realized I hadn't touched it in a week.

For the Wii, the DS, the PS3, the 360, there were lines in EVERY store I saw. Some of them starting days before the release date. The Wii U? Entire store was empty, not even one other person was there on launch day to pick theirs up or to wait in line for one if they didn't pre-order. Of course, these are just my personal experiences, but certainly disappointing.

3DS' launch was almost as bad as Wii U's, but at least there were like 20 people at Gamestop in line.

I am confident the U will survive, but for the first time EVER a Sony console is being used and played more than my brand new Nintendo console. And, honestly, Sony offers me very little... so for them to interest me more than a Ninty console... ouch. Even when the Wii went through its droughts I never lost faith or interest, but they're a little shaken with the U.

@Triz: You couldn't find an Xbox for the same reason you couldn't find a Wii, artificial supply and demand. They limited the number of consoles produced to create that illusion, it worked for all 3 consoles last generation. Of course, I get my info from the internet so who knows whats true but... I don't find it to be too far out an idea.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 pm

I think in these days there will not be as many lines as before because pre-ordering is much more common practice. It's more convenient now to waltz into the store at 10am if you know a console will be waiting for you. So many more stores these days take pre-orders too. There still will be launch parties at midnight and the sort, with a bunch of rabid gamers wanting to get theirs as soon as possible, but pre-orders will take some steam out of that bunch.

On the last console sales, the Wii had a worse time keeping on the shelves than the 360 and many accused Nintendo of shooting themselves in the foot for not having more consoles out there. Still it pushed more than any of the consoles except the Xbox in the first 3 month period.

I think the Wii U had a great launch! It's the launch window that is abysmal. Set our hopes up high with an assortment of titles for everyone and then crickets. I think a better way to have done it (although third parties would never agree to this) is start off with about 10 games at launch and then release a game or two a week. That way to the consumer the console would have the illusion of being supported continuously. Instead they blew their load on launch day.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Yeah and the load tasted like day old coffee. Stale and bitter as hell.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:24 pm

On a side note: WHERE THE HELL IS MR. 999.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 pm

I guess by those standards it was somewhat disappointing. I thought all anyone cared about was number of games. By that standard it was the top launch ever, wasn't it? Of course to do so, they had to leave a huge drought afterwards, since they pushed so hard to get as many titles as possible out at once. It feels like nothing is coming out for Wii-U, but I often forget there are still launch titles I wanted to get and haven't.

@Triz: Seriously, dude. I know you like to rain on our parades, but I always thought you were at least a pretty smart critic. It is super dumb to base performance on the number of consoles left on shelves. If you look at production numbers, I'll bet you anything the Wii U topped PS3, XBox 360, and even the Wii. Nintendo knows you can't make money on something that isn't on store shelves, so they made sure they were there- as promised.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Why would I care about the number of games? They had to have a drought afterwards? What about 3rd parties? Where is this magical rulebook!??!?! You can have 1000 games at launch and if they fail to impress the quantity means little...

I'm sorry you don't like the fact that this console has disappointed me like no other console before it. They had me so hyped that when I finally got it... it wasn't what I thought they'd promised me. Perhaps its just as much my fault as theirs, but, I'm disappointed and bored nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Quote :
@Triz: Seriously, dude. I know you like to rain on our parades, but I always thought you were at least a pretty smart critic. It is super dumb to base performance on the number of consoles left on shelves. If you look at production numbers, I'll bet you anything the Wii U topped PS3, XBox 360, and even the Wii. Nintendo knows you can't make money on something that isn't on store shelves, so they made sure they were there- as promised.

No its dumb to put up a chart saying its tracking along with the others, when supply constraints were what was holding the others back. The sales numbers for the wii u are abysmal with a ton of stock on the shelves. 57k sold? Thats Vita territory. Im not rainng on anyones parade Im just posting sales numbers and as usual trying to keep Streex in check lol. Look to page 2 of the thread where I say Im playing my Wii U more than all of you guys Wink.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:42 pm

You can't keep me in check Triz. Maybe on my toes, but never in check. lol. You play more Wii U than any of us because you have more time to play than us. Troll Streex remembers your 8 hours a day gaming time. You could probably donate just an hour of that time a day to Wii U and still play more Wii U than any of us.

Yeah I wonder where Matthew999 went. His 3DS status has gone blank too. Either he is in a dark place or deleted us. Well I wish him well wherever he is.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Antilles shared this video with me that pretty much sums everything up.

Shows how specs never have mattered, and has always spelled doom for the most powerful console of the gen. I also noticed it proves the point inadvertently that the Wii was indeed part of the last generation (I still believe it's a pointless argument). Even has some hope at the end for PS4 humpers. Everyone has something to be pleased about here. Watch and learn.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are Wii feeling?   How are Wii feeling? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How are Wii feeling?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninfest Nation :: News :: Wii U-
Jump to: