» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
100%
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Top posters
Streex (4373)

ZeldAnTales (2909)

Antilles (1555)

Nintendo Furniture (1087)

Triz (1086)

Matthew999 (341)

Lier X Agerate (129)

WildCard (115)

ShagTheTruth (114)

Incognito (71)

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:11 am

Leaked info from an ex-Factor 5 employee tells us that before Factor 5 was shut down they finished Pilotwings, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, and Brutal Legend, all for the Wii. If this is true why isn't Nintendo pushing these titles out the door? What a holiday season it would be if Nintendo surprised us with all these titles. Pilotwings would be a shoo in for at least 3 million in sales, but I would love to see a new version of Star Wars Rogue Squadron. Those titles have been excellent from the start back on the Nintendo 64. It will be a cold day in the Mushroom Kingdom if these never see shelves.

Games Currently Playing:
Trine 2: Director's Cut :: Wii U
Madden NFL 13 :: Wii U
Wheel of Fortune :: Wii U
Mario Party e :: e-Reader
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ninfest.com
hcfwesker
Super Mario
Super Mario

Number of posts : 47
Coins : 80

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:56 am

I'm still waiting on Pilotwings SNES to be released on the Wii Virtual Console.  Europe got the game over 2 months ago, but us US residents still haven't gotten our hands on this classic.
And , a Pilotwings game for the Wii sounds very epic, especially after playing Wii Sports Resort with the skydiving and flying simulator.  Hope they get this game out soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brawldomain.com
Streex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:39 am

I hear it is supposed to come out before the end of the new year in the US. Super Mario Kart finally came out today, which is odd. Should have come out back when Mario Kart Wii was released. Pilotwings I think should have come out around the same time Wii Sports Resort did because of the Pilotwing type games you mentioned.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:08 am

Streex wrote:
I hear it is supposed to come out before the end of the new year in the US. Super Mario Kart finally came out today, which is odd. Should have come out back when Mario Kart Wii was released. Pilotwings I think should have come out around the same time Wii Sports Resort did because of the Pilotwing type games you mentioned.

It makes no sense to release Mario Kart SNES when mario Kart Wii is coming out, all it does is canabalize sales.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 am

I don't think an $8 download would cannibalize sales of a retail game. If anything, they could have done it like Punch-Out, where they released the original a week before launch to give you a taste. Think of it like a demo where it will get even more people to buy.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:13 am

Streex wrote:
I don't think an $8 download would cannibalize sales of a retail game. If anything, they could have done it like Punch-Out, where they released the original a week before launch to give you a taste. Think of it like a demo where it will get even more people to buy.

Why spend 50 bucks on the inferior title when you can get the superior one for 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 pm

Triz wrote:
Streex wrote:

Why spend 50 bucks on the inferior title when you can get the superior one for 8.
You got me there.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 am

I like how you wait months to give me props on a post. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:52 am

For me the jury was still out to what my opinion was of Punch-Out. Now it's safe to say IMO that yes the original is way better.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
WildCard
Pit
Pit

Number of posts : 115
Coins : 213

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:26 pm

wow a new Pilotwings and Star Wars Rogue Squadron game on the wii would be very welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 am

I'd pass on a Pilotwings game if it followed in 64's footsteps. Neutral

Also, the new Punch-Out was very cool, and I don't see how the old one is superior in the slightest.

True its the same basic formula, but there are better visuals, better sound and fx, some funny quips from Doc, and really cool character intros.

Just how is the original better? If anything, they could rate the same but one certainly has better presentation. And if everything but that is the same, the new title should win that... ahem... title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:19 am

I'm not a fan of Pilotwings either, but I know many that are.

Punch-Out on NES for me I think is very familiar and nostalgic, obviously. But I really disliked the 2 player option in the new version. Didn't work for me. All the better visuals, sound, etc. is great but I'm always in it for the gameplay. i felt they could have done so much more. The balance board option was a good effort but meh. It was great to see a lot of returners but now I wish they would have gave us more new characters, and more overall. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe if they signed a new contract with Mike Tyson and called it Overweight Tysons Punch-Out!! I would have liked it more.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 am

Yeah but you didn't give any reasons why the first game was actually better. Because, ya know, it wasn't. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:42 pm

The first was fresh. New. Never played before. I think a big reason I liked Super Punch-Out!! almost as good as Tyson's was that it had a whole new lineup of characters to beat up. The new Punch-Out!! was supposed to be directed at the fans of the old, but I think moreso to those that dropped out of gaming since they brought back so many new characters. You know, give them something they are familiar with. But I've continued to game all these years and I would have loved an all new lineup of characters to bash. I can always take out Glass Joe on the VC.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Yeah but you didn't give any reasons why the first game was actually better. Because, ya know, it wasn't. Razz

I thknk I said it in the Punch Out Wii thread but Ill say it here. Its the same game as punch out with motion controls. $50...no thank you. Ill spend the $8 to get the older version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:31 pm

I love necroposting because I get to see all that failed to be. Whatever happened to the supposed completed Factor 5 games? Pilotwings, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, and Brutal Legend. Truly lost Wii titles or just an unhappy, unemployed ex-employee trying to spread fake news?

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:44 pm

I'd like to point out that Triz's above post STILL doesn't make a solid argument on why one game is BETTER than another. Price has nothing to do with how good a game is.

Anyway... All those IPs stink, let them go. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:11 am

I agree. Price shouldn't be the deciding factor on a games worth, and especially shouldn't be mentioned when someone writes a review. Prices change over time, the game doesn't.

I know Tyson has had legal problems in the past but so much of that lifestyle is past him. Nintendo should just throw Tyson a couple million and make an all new Tyson's Punch-Out 2. New characters with the same last guy. That's my game for sure. A battle against an HD Tyson after all these years would be the ultimate throwdown.

I probably would have liked to see another Rogue Squadron. Don't care for the other two. Especially now that Disney owns the rights, who knows when or what the next Star Wars games are going to be like.

Games Currently Playing:
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:04 am

WHOA. Disney owns Star Wars?????? Missed that one. No wonder all these stupid kids toys are coming out for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published   

Back to top Go down

Rumor :: Pilotwings is waiting to be published
Page 1 of 1