Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Re-organising the forum? Vote_lcap2100%Re-organising the forum? Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Re-organising the forum? Vote_lcap20%Re-organising the forum? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Re-organising the forum? Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Re-organising the forum? Vote_lcap2Re-organising the forum? I_voting_barRe-organising the forum? Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Re-organising the forum? Vote_lcap2Re-organising the forum? I_voting_barRe-organising the forum? Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Re-organising the forum?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fantanoice
Super Mario
Super Mario
fantanoice

Number of posts : 20
Coins : 32

PostSubject: Re-organising the forum?   Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:04 am

The forum is a little long on the index and because a lot of these forums don't have much activity, I'm thinking maybe we could condense them a little. The forum will look less empty and a lot more organised this way.

Here's what I suggest:

- Moving this suggestions forum into the same category with 'announcements' and 'new members'. Most forums do this, so it's almost a standard now. Most members, when they want to suggest something, they look to the top category for a 'feedback' forum. Smile

- Perhaps shortening some of the categories into subforums. The Ninfest.com section could probably just be one big 'Website Discussion' forum with subforums to the other parts.

- Same with the news section. It would probably suffice as just a 'News' forum with subforums.

- As for the games/hardware categories, do you really need them to be separate? You could always just have a 'Consoles and Games' category, which would discuss both the games and hardware. Also, you probably don't need a forum for 'each' of Nintendo's consoles, at least, not until you get some activity to post there. That's why I suggest having a 'Retro Console' forum, with subforums for NES-GC, including the GBs. The Wii and DS can probably still have their own individual forums.

- Get rid of the calender forum. The forum has a calender feature for a reason:
https://ninfest.forumotion.com/calendar.forum

Hope that helps you out. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dashing.co.nr
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Re-organising the forum?   Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:57 am

Thanks for all your input. Triz has shared similar suggestions over the phone and I will make the changes soon. I do agree with you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Re-organising the forum?   Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:41 pm

I returned the forum to its original look for now. It looks more bare boned, but doesn't require so many turns of the mouse wheel.

I do like your idea of rounding all the retro consoles into one forum, and may have to do that eventually. In keeping them separate to begin with I was trying to give off the feel that all Nintendo consoles are equally important and represented equally in these forums. Retro as important as the recent. But like you said, it's a little much without the posts to back them up.

The calendar I don't like there either. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the calendar up without the forum for it. I'm not finding a way to do this. If I get rid of the forum, members don't see and can't post to the calendar. It's like it requires a forum to keep the calendar activated. If I try to just hide the calendar forum from the view of members, same results. It does sound odd and I'm hoping with a little more prodding I'll solve this.

I want to make it as user friendly as possible. Thanks for all your help.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Re-organising the forum?   Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:54 am

Looks alot better Streex. You really had about 20 too many forums when you redesigned a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Re-organising the forum?   Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:24 am

At first I liked it because it made the forums look like there was a lot more content, but after a few days I was getting tired of scrolling that mouse wheel. I think I would have changed it back sooner or later regardless.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-organising the forum?   Re-organising the forum? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Re-organising the forum?
Page 1 of 1