Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Super Scope Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Super Scope Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Super Scope Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Super Scope Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Super Scope Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Super Scope Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Super Scope Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Super Scope Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Super Scope Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Super Scope Vote_lcap2100%Super Scope Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Super Scope Vote_lcap20%Super Scope Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Super Scope Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Super Scope Vote_lcap2Super Scope I_voting_barSuper Scope Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Super Scope

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:38 am

I thought the Super Scope had a bad rap. It had it's flaws with the bulkiness and massive battery usage but there were a number of good titles for it. It's been said that it wasn't supported but there were 11 games compatible with it. I think if a peripheral gets at least 10 games made for it, then it has decent support. Some of my favorite Super Scope titles were The Hunt for Red October, Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge, T2: The Arcade Game, Tin Star and Yoshi's Safari. I haven't played them all yet but it's a collection I'd like to complete. Some other strange rumors I heard was that it hurt your eyes. I'm not sure how since the sight didn't have a lens or otherwise. It was just an empty tube with one side covered with a rubber piece with a small hole in it for aiming accuracy. I can understand the complaints of it hurting your arm holding it up for long periods of time, but this was never the case for me. I've been holding on to my Trinitron Sony TV that I bought back in 2002 and glad that I have since the Super Scope won't work with newer plasma and LCD TVs. When I finally get a new TV I'm going to have to remember to think about my Super Scope and keep the old TV so I can still get my bazooka blastin on! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah. We use that one for a blast on any enemys. Even though one of these days we can use this for pretending to blast someone away which is soo cool Super Scope Lol ........There's one! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super Scope Lol Oh sorry. I shot an ugly bear Super Scope Lol This Super Scope is awesome sort of. 6 batteries is a lot of pain to put in and waste it all away! Super Scope Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:07 am

The amount of batteries it needed was a bit much but since it wasn't used very often they did go a long way.

Since I first posted this I have gone out and bought a new HD TV. Thankfully I was thinking of my old peripherals like the Super Scope that don't work on new TV's and held on to my old one. Super Scope blasting will never die!!!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:13 am

I thought it sucked. It looked cool in 1992, but things have changed thankfully.

Yoshi's Safari sucked. T2 sucked. Even if it had 11 games for it, they were all complete ass. That isn't support to me. That's cashing in on peripheral chumps like us!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:33 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
I thought it sucked. It looked cool in 1992, but things have changed thankfully.

Yoshi's Safari sucked. T2 sucked. Even if it had 11 games for it, they were all complete ass. That isn't support to me. That's cashing in on peripheral chumps like us!

No, YOU suck!

Anyway, Streex is right- that is support. It can't be considered "cashing in" if the audience you're trying to sell to is such a small subset. It takes guts to support peripherals, and any peripheral that has that many games for it is at least mildly successful.

That said, SS6 was kind of a disappointment. Still, it turned Dennis Hopper into a T-Rex, and that's a winner in my book!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:59 pm

It takes guts to support peripherals with bad games? Yeah, you're right. It does.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:05 pm

The Hunt for Red October, Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge, T2: The Arcade Game, Tin Star and Yoshi's Safari. All these Super Scope games I had a 'blast' with. Especially Metal Combat and T2: The Arcade Game. They didn't feel cheap, in fact they felt just about as good as a shooting game could get.

I'm salivating to play some Super Scope right now. In fact, next month I'm going to see if I can complete my collection of Super Scope games. Well...at least add a few more.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 am

You have to actually play the games to call them bad. The fact that nobody bought them doesn't make them bad- nobody bought them because nobody, (but apparently Streex and myself,) had a Super Scope. Personally, I enjoyed the original 6 games. The side-scrolling missile one reminded me of a much-improved Missile Command.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:38 am

You can think whatever you want, I have played the games and own most of them, they suck.
You can't tell me the Super Scope library holds an even remotely minute candle to the Zapper.

I digress- uphill battle.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Very uphill battle here! I like the Super Scope and its library much more than the Zapper and its library.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:35 pm

Streex wrote:
Very uphill battle here! I like the Super Scope and its library much more than the Zapper and its library.

Agreed. The only thing I liked with the Zapper was Operation: Wolf.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Well at least your poor taste is rewarded with the consumption of six batteries in less than 2 hours. Razz
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:11 am

What kind of batteries do you use? I was able to stretch mine to 6 hours, which is actually longer than my DSi, which needs to be recharged every 4 (backlight at maximum). In fact, I put in a set of batteries in my current Super Scope about 2 years ago, played some games, went back to it October last year for the marathon and June this year for some T2: The Arcade Game action, still no replacing needed. I guess if you are going to do some mad Super Scope action battery life is an issue, but in short bursts I'm still on a 2 year old set of 6. I think a lot of kids back in the day forgot to turn off their Super Scopes when done playing. If that switch isn't turned to off it will drain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super Scope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Scope   Super Scope Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Super Scope
Page 1 of 1