Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_lcap2100%Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_lcap20%Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_lcap20%Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_lcap2Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape I_voting_barNintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_lcap2Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape I_voting_barNintendo turns the tables on Anascape Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
June 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape   Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:19 am

Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Shapeimage_5-3

Two years ago, Anascape sued Nintendo stating that the Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic Controller, Wavebird and standard GameCube controllers infringed on their patents. Of those, the jury believed that Nintendo infringed Anascape's patent with the Classic Controller, Wavebird and standard GameCube controllers, resulting in Nintendo having to pay $21 million dollars. Nintendo never paid, and instead appealed the case. Today, justice has finally been served. It has been ruled that Nintendo didn't infringe on any patents of Anascape. Since Nintendo never paid them any money, Anascape won't have to pay back $21 million, but they might have to pay for Nintendo's legal fees and other fines. Way to go Nintendo! Now let's bring back those Wavebirds to store shelves!

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled that none of Nintendo’s video game controllers infringe on a patent asserted by Anascape, Ltd.

Nintendo had been accused by Anascape, Ltd., of infringing on U.S. Patent No. 6,906,700. The case was tried before a jury in the Eastern District of Texas in May 2008. The jury found that neither the motion-sensing Wii Remote™️ controller, nor the Nunchuk™️ controller, infringes on the patent. However, the jury found that the Classic Controller™️ for the Wii™️ console, and the WaveBird™️ and standard controllers for Nintendo GameCube™️ did infringe on the patent. Today’s decision, however, completely reversed the jury’s findings of infringement.

“In 2008, the jury determined that the Wii Remote and Nunchuk did not infringe,” said Nintendo of America General Counsel Rick Flamm. “Today the Federal Circuit’s ruling confirmed that none of Nintendo’s controllers infringe. We appreciate that our position has been vindicated.”

Games Currently Playing:
Trine 2: Director's Cut :: Wii U
Madden NFL 13 :: Wii U
Wheel of Fortune :: Wii U
Mario Party e :: e-Reader
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape   Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:07 am

Hahahahaha suck it Anascape!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape   Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2010 3:57 am

What sucks is that 3 days after this was resolved another company came out and wants money also for similar reasons. You know you're on top when everybody wants a piece of you. Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_cool

Games Currently Playing:
Trine 2: Director's Cut :: Wii U
Madden NFL 13 :: Wii U
Wheel of Fortune :: Wii U
Mario Party e :: e-Reader
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ninfest.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape   Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Nintendo turns the tables on Anascape
Page 1 of 1