Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Memory Card
    Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
    Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
    Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
    Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
    Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
    Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
    Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
    Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
    Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
    Poll
    Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
    I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
    Delta H Con Vote_lcap2100%Delta H Con Vote_rcap2
     100% [ 5 ]
    Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
    Delta H Con Vote_lcap20%Delta H Con Vote_rcap2
     0% [ 0 ]
    Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 5
    Facebook
    Ninfest on Facebook
    Gallery
    Delta H Con Empty
    Top posters
    Streex (4373)
    Delta H Con Vote_lcap2Delta H Con I_voting_barDelta H Con Vote_rcap2 
    ZeldAnTales (2909)
    Antilles (1555)
    Nintendo Furniture (1087)
    Triz (1086)
    Matthew999 (341)
    Lier X Agerate (129)
    WildCard (115)
    ShagTheTruth (114)
    Incognito (71)
    April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar

Delta H Con

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

Number of posts : 4373
    Coins : 3690

Delta H Con Empty
    PostSubject: Delta H Con   Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Well I'm preparing to go to the Delta H Con convention next weekend. I spoke with the event manager and she's going to have someone put the 600 magnets I made into their goodie bags. Of course I'm going to the event with a Ninfest t-shirt on pig , walk around, have fun, enter some game tournaments, talk gaming with other attendees. Good times. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.ninfest.com
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

Number of posts : 4373
    Coins : 3690

Delta H Con Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Delta H Con   Delta H Con Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 pm

Cheator and I went to the second annual Delta H Con Convention yesterday and took in all the anime and gaming. We have some mixed reviews though. Cheator gave it a 4 out of 5 and I gave it a 2 out of 5. The reason being he liked it more was because it was more anime than gaming, a lot more. Cheator loves anime and I not so much.

When we got there we managed to get free parking up front so that was cool. Once we got into the building it was rather hard to find. It was a lot smaller than expected. We found it finally and walked in ready to pay the $20 day pass as mentioned on the website. Unfortunately it was $22. While this is no big deal, it should be listed somewhere that you will have to pay an additional $2 for taxes. So we got in, received our badges and goodie bags and noticed that the Ninfest magnets were the only non-anime items. This led me to believe this was going to be more anime than gaming from the start and as we walked around I was correct.

There were about fifteen anime booths set up. Selling such things as swords, DVD's, bags, posters, artwork, necklaces and rings. The largest booth there had a huge selection of anime DVD's and Cheator was in heaven. Unfortunately they didn't have any of the anime he was looking for. I ended up buying a Pokemon stamp set for my daughter. The coolest booth was for the internet show 'The Guild'. Cheator being the WoW player picked up the season one DVD. The cast of The Guild was there at one point, but not while we were there. Finally there were two viewing rooms which had two different anime movies playing, lights out, and you could go in and sit down to watch.

So now we were done with the anime part and I was ready to sink my teeth into the gaming part. We go to the other section and find three rooms for gaming. One for PC gaming and the other two for console gaming. Throughout the day they had tournaments for certain games but I had missed my opportunity to enter the Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. I'm not sure what all the prizes were but I do know the winner of the Street Fighter 4 tournament got 2 Xbox 360 controllers with Street Fighter character artwork on them. Cheator and I sat down and played some Street Fighter 4 on the 360 and Mortal Kombat 4 on the Nintendo 64. What I found odd was that not all the games listed in the program were available to play, but some not listed were.

After we were done putting in some gaming time we searched and searched, hoping to find some booths dedicated to gaming but none were to be found. This upset me being I was hoping to throw down some serious cash on some rare gaming items. So no gaming booths, just anime booths. There were many people dressed up for cosplay and as we were leaving watched a few skits performed outside. In all we were there for about two hours.

I have to rate it a 2 out of 5 because of the lack of size, lack of gaming, the images in the program were all blurry (all numbers in it as well were completely missing), and overall the convention felt disorganized. I'm sure this will improve in the future. This was after all just the second Delta H Con, so my concerns should be improved in the years to come. They did have more visitors this year than last so that is a good sign (600 this year, 400 last year). As it becomes more known that the convention exists, more people will come, both dealers and visitors. I hope next year some gaming companies catch wind of this event so I will be able to empty my pockets into their cash registers.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.ninfest.com

Delta H Con
    Page 1 of 1