Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
R$: Revelution for DS Vote_lcap2100%R$: Revelution for DS Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
R$: Revelution for DS Vote_lcap20%R$: Revelution for DS Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
R$: Revelution for DS Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
R$: Revelution for DS Vote_lcap2R$: Revelution for DS I_voting_barR$: Revelution for DS Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
R$: Revelution for DS Vote_lcap2R$: Revelution for DS I_voting_barR$: Revelution for DS Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

R$: Revelution for DS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: R$: Revelution for DS   R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:01 am

Just got my R4 out after a year or so, really want to try the new Prof. Layton @ work. Very Happy

Now I don't really approve of bootlegging, but I play the game and then delete it. I don't have vast collections of ROMs or anything. Who am I kidding I'm a bastard!

But seriously it is cool to sample games that maybe aren't worth purchasing at full price that aren't out used quite yet.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: R$: Revelution for DS   R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:05 am

You sir are part of the problem. Buy it then sell it back, or try the demo. I've seen demos for that game at many Walmart stores.

Which makes me want to ask Triz. How can you be against used game sales and then recommend that Matthew999 get bootlegs in Hong Kong?

I'm part of the problem too. I have a bunch of games on my computer. I rarely play them however and they are more of an excuse just to own a PC controller. I got the Nyko Air Flo EX. Keeps your hands from getting sweaty by blowing an adjustable amount of air at your hands. afro

Let's cleanse both our conciences. ZeldAnTales, let's get rid of all our bootleg software and hardware.

EDIT: You are a collector. That means just buy if it slightly interests you and if it sucks, then at least your collection total went up +1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: R$: Revelution for DS   R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 pm

I delete everything I download after trying it. the only game I played all the way through is Professor Layton's first one, mainly because once I started I couldn't stop. Still bought it anyway.

The problem, I am not! I do nothing that is any different from borrowing a friends game! If I like it I buy it. As for taking stuff back, I don't like doing that because returning things when I have purchased with credit/debit is a hassle. No thanks!

You can do much more than play bootlegs on the R4, btw.

Also, should I feel ashamed for owning burned copies of my Dreamcast, Saturn, and GCN games? I play my burns so the originals don't get wear and tear. SOMETIMES I let friends borrow my burns. am I evil? :3
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: R$: Revelution for DS   R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:50 am

Do you go to the store, take a few bites of an apple, and put it back? Or do you roll on some deodorant and put it back on the shelf because you just wanted to see if would give you powerful odor protection without buying it?

There are many uses for R4's but really, what's the main reason people get them? At least you seem to follow a personal moral standard within the bootleg realm. It is a gray area...the right to copy games you already own. I'd say that's cool because you already own it BEFORE making a copy. Not the other way around where you download it and then buy it AFTER trying, but only if you liked it. But now you open up a new can of worms when you loan out your copied games. Those people now have no need to purchase. I think it's best to just stick with legal goods and take a little care of your games so a back-up won't be necessary.

How can you sleep comfortably at night? Don't say I didn't warn you when the video game police come knocking on your door. affraid
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: R$: Revelution for DS   R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:27 pm

It is completely legal to make back up copies of any media you own as long as it is not resold for personal gain. Therefore- not only can I make copies of my games but I can lend them out without discretion.

Do I take a bite of an apple? No. Do I eat a few cherries? Hell yeah I do. Never been asked to leave a grocery store yet! Razz

I'd also like to point out that no matter how well you take care of your games, the only way they stay in MINT condition is by not playing them.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: R$: Revelution for DS   R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:56 pm

I really don't mind what people do regarding bootlegs. Maybe if I was a developer I would. I think backup copies are ok, just not getting a copy first, then maybe buying it later. I just personally don't dabble in all that.

At first I thought it was ok to get bootlegs of games that were no longer in stores, but with the Virtual Console and other systems with their own retro titles, I think bootlegs being circulated can hurt sales of these too. If bootlegs of classic titles weren't so readily available, maybe sales of VC games would be higher.

I'm not the video game police, plus there are a lot of gray areas in the matter so I just buy my games and let others do what they do. silent As long as they don't take away my right to buy a used game for an older console I'm ok.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: R$: Revelution for DS   R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:52 pm

I want them to put the old arcade game Gladiator on VC.

Sorry, I had a whole conversation with you guys in my head, and somehow it ended up there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R$: Revelution for DS   R$: Revelution for DS Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

R$: Revelution for DS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninfest Nation :: Games :: Retro Nintendo Games :: DS-
Jump to: