Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_lcap2100%Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_lcap20%Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_lcap20%Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_lcap2Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) I_voting_barStreex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_lcap2Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) I_voting_barStreex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)   Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 4:58 pm

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/31852/first-impressions-the-conduit-wii

Quote :
What up, Con-DUDE's and Condu-ETTES? Adam here! Before I get into this preview, let's break apart a classic … Goldeneye 007 for Nintendo 64. First-person shooters are constantly being compared to it, and, apparently, nobody has lived up to it ... well except for Perfect Dark, which was made by the same developer, Rare.

What made those games incredible? Why can't anybody in the next-gen live up to a game that graced a dead console TWELVE years ago?! In my opinion, it had to be the tight corridors, the unpredictable enemy AI, and a sense of freedom and pacing with a seamless (but non-intrusive) blending of puzzle-solving. There was always something interesting to do, and the freedom you had to solve the multiple missions made you FEEL like you were actually in charge of the tale's outcome. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark felt like REAL games, without the flash/crutch of cinematic grandeur defining the experience, as so many of today's games tend to do. That was the case until June 23rd, when a new first person shooter will grace yet another Nintendo console. Prepare for The Conduit.
Recently, I was privileged enough to have a one-on-one with the game (courtesy of developer High Voltage Entertainment) and was blown away by what I saw and felt while playing The Conduit. This is the real deal, and the closest a game has ever come to feeling like Goldeneye or Perfect dark -- yeah, you can quote me on that. The story focuses mainly on a freak alien invasion of Washington D.C., where portal-like devices known as "Conduits" are used to deploy their forces throughout a battle-ravaged city. Simple sci-fi fare, but as they say, the devil is in the details. Suspicions arise as to the involvement of the U.S. government. Armed with sci-fi gadgets and high-powered weapons, players will battle aliens, rouge agents and enemy forces as a former secret service agent codenamed “Mr. Ford.”
Our hero, Michael Ford, is voiced by actor Mark Sheppard (you may have seen him in little shows like "Firefly" and "Battlestar Galactica" ... heard of those?) who does a stellar job selling the character. Michael is a Secret Service agent who is inducted into a secret Government team known as "The Trust" after saving U.S. President Charles Thompson during an assassination attempt. John Adams (voiced by Mark's REAL father, William Morgan Sheppard) is the commander of The Trust who orders Ford to penetrate the Washington D.C. area to discover the sinister motives for the alien Drudge's invasion. One of the primary antagonists is a man calling himself Prometheus (voiced by Hercules himself, Kevin Sorbo), a former member of the Trust who left the organization for unknown reasons and later fell in league with the Drudge. Couple that bit of intrigue with tight game play and ultra smooth execution and we might very well have a classic on our hands!
What comes next is a blur of vicious aliens slashing at you from every corner of the building we are exploring. Too many hits and the world swims out of focus before you hit the ground … your own twitching hand the last thing you’ll ever see. Aliens aren’t the only menace you’ll encounter as wave after wave of “men in black” suited up like agents from The Matrix are on the attack along side a strike force in full battle gear. From the top of an escalator, I wait patiently with my long range scope and pick off each trooper as he sticks his head out. Even though it seems like we are at JFK Airport, there are still canisters nearby that explode with a well placed bullet, taking out multiple targets at once. In a spooky turn, I watch all my enemies in a section re-animate with a glowy red power surrounding them. For a moment they resemble rag dolls and then they are back to the business of ending my life. In another section while blowing through a train, I wield a sort of laser blaster that pulses or charges up for an impressive bolt of energy. We are told there is even a weapon that can seek out the enemy around corners

The biggest advantage for The Conduit is in the way this game plays. I was sold from the moment I jumped into it, and it left me wanting more (in a good way!) For those who want to mess around with the controls, The Conduit offers easy customizable control features, such as an option to change the size of the bounding box, the speed at which the player can move the camera and cursor sensitivity. If that isn't enough, the player can adjust these options in real time, without having to leave the adjustment screen to try the changes. High Voltage has also included the option for the player to change the control layout, giving every player the freedom to play The Conduit in the way that makes them the most comfortable. Never before have I seen such a flexible control scheme, and it is MORE than welcome. It's the primary difference between "you playing the game" and "the game playing YOU".
One of the more interesting features of The Conduit is a device known as the "All-Seeing Eye," or ASE, which the player earns earlier in the game and used to solve various puzzles, or uncover secret story details. The ASE can detect hidden traps and freakish enemies scattered throughout a level, and reveal special features in the extremely varied environments that can help the player to progress further. AWESOME. The rest is what you would expect from a first person-shooter on the Wii. Point-and-shoot, kill a bunch of creeps, solve some awesome puzzles, save the princess, then we all go home happy (well, maybe not the last two, but you catch my drift).
How to the graphics hold up? It's the Wii. While graphically the weakest of the three next-gen consoles, The Conduit is an absolute marvel on Nintendo's experimental system. The game uses an engine known as Quantum 3 that pushes the console to the limit without jerking the frame rate. The result is an onslaught of impressive effects never-before-seen on the Nintendo Wii. Gimmicks include bump-mapping, reflection and refraction, light and shadow maps and projections, specular and Fresnel effects, missive and iridescent materials, advanced alpha blends, gloss and detail mapping, motion blur, interactive water with complex surface effects, and animated textures----I hope you got all those, because there will be a quiz later. NERD TEST!!
On June 23rd, where will you be? Kicking serious butt in The Conduit, I hope! You've never played anything like it. While seemingly inspired by Metroid Prime 3, this game feels like a complete evolution of everything we've come to love about gaming. This is not just a first person shooter. This is an experience.
Bring on the Drudge!
Adam, out

All I can say is Laughing
Back to top Go down
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Number of posts : 71
Coins : 66

PostSubject: Re: Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)   Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 8:42 pm

I don't get it. When did he change his name to Adam? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)   Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 10:06 pm

Maybe its an alias? Very Happy

The written by you comment is because the piece is blatant fanboy drivel. Just something Id expect from Streex Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)   Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2009 3:37 am

Triz wrote:
Maybe its an alias? Very Happy

The written by you comment is because the piece is blatant fanboy drivel. Just something Id expect from Streex Twisted Evil
Who knows? Maybe the game is that good. He's played it, we haven't. Are you throwing out the fanboy label because you are scared that an FPS on the Wii might conquer all that is HD? I wish I wrote it. That would mean I had the chance to play it. Adam, out...er...I mean....

-Streex
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)   Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2009 7:38 am

haha.

By the way Im sure the Conduit will be decent, but it WILL NOT be as good as some of the other FPS available on the real systems. tongue
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)   Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 am

Oh snap, you threw out the real systems slop. Well, I'll agree it won't be that good, but the Wii is as real as it gets baby.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)   Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:57 am

I finally played this game and it is tons of fun. It didn't live up to the hype, obviously, but it plays very well. The controls feel very nice, with the most customization I've ever seen. Although I was content with default. Some of the graphics in the environments are bland, but they are using some effects I've never seen in a Wii title. The blurring effects and zoom are a treat. The little things they added really pulled me into the game. For instance, there are radios located in various spots on each level. You can tune into a number of stations and listen to how the civilians are trying to survive the alien ambush. I found myself numerous times tuning into a station and sitting there for a few minutes listening to what sounded like an actual emergency broadcast. The single player campaign has only 9 levels and took me 6 hours to complete, but for me that equals high replay value.

Then I tried out what many mostly love, the online features. Double nice. My first foray into an online match I was decent. I consistently placed between 4th and 6th out of 12 in every match. I got better as I ranked up , slowly feeling my GoldenEye skills erupting from within. One match I decided to have a little fun and not use my weapon. Instead I ran around smacking players in the face with the butt of my gun. I have WiiSpeak but wasn't able to use it for some reason. Maybe the others didn't have it? I did notice an odd feature in the options for online. Under WiiSpeak, it asks if you have headphones hooked up to it. Is there some kind of headset on the horizon no one is talking about. Why would this game ask me this question?

Bottom line, forget the harsh reviews. Forget the hype before launch. Just know you're getting a solid FPS experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)   Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Streex, was this written by you? (Conduit Related)
Page 1 of 1