Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Memory Card
    My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
    My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
    My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
    My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
    My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
    My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
    My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
    My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
    My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
    Poll
    Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
    I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
    My Little Restaurant Vote_lcap2100%My Little Restaurant Vote_rcap2
     100% [ 5 ]
    Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
    My Little Restaurant Vote_lcap20%My Little Restaurant Vote_rcap2
     0% [ 0 ]
    Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
     0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 5
    Facebook
    Ninfest on Facebook
    Gallery
    My Little Restaurant Empty
    Top posters
    Streex (4373)
    My Little Restaurant Vote_lcap2My Little Restaurant I_voting_barMy Little Restaurant Vote_rcap2 
    ZeldAnTales (2909)
    My Little Restaurant Vote_lcap2My Little Restaurant I_voting_barMy Little Restaurant Vote_rcap2 
    Antilles (1555)
    Nintendo Furniture (1087)
    Triz (1086)
    Matthew999 (341)
    Lier X Agerate (129)
    WildCard (115)
    ShagTheTruth (114)
    Incognito (71)
    April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar

My Little Restaurant

Go down 
    2 posters
    AuthorMessage
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
    Coins : 396

PostSubject: My Little Restaurant   My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Qubic games offers us its take on the time management restaurant sim. This genre has been heavily saturated, mainly being played on cell phones and ipods. Nevertheless, we have one here for our DSi and DSi XLs.

The title screen, and the animations leading up to it, are a little basic, certainly generic. I found it interesting that you could choose to be a boy or girl waitress. And that's how it begins. Your uncle asks you to come work in his restaurant, because you show extreme lack of insight. As you progress through the levels, things become increasingly complex (ie, delivering water, playing music to comfort). As you can imagine chaos ensues and when I play this game a lot of people starve.

I had some trouble with the sensitivity of the touch screen. Many times I would drag a group to a certain table, and if I was dead on accurate, it would send them back to the line. This was, as you can imagine, a damning problem because once things get crazy it really hampered my sense of initiative. As in... I got frustrated a lot.

I fought my way through 3rd level and after "American" themes and "Japanese" as well, I just couldn't get into this title. There was no solid mechanic or even gimmick that stuck out or was interesting.

For fans of this genre, it may be worth a peak. But for gamers on the fence about which time management sim to try (or just trying to waste sme DSi points in general) this could probably be passed on.

1.6 out of 5.
    Back to top Go down
    Streex
    Admin
    Streex

Number of posts : 4373
    Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: My Little Restaurant   My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks for the review ZeldAnTales. Not sure if QubicGames is gonna like this one, but it's the brutally honest truth. I hope they take what you wrote and try to build on that to make their next game that much better.

You're review can be found HERE and HERE.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.ninfest.com
    ZeldAnTales
    Tom Nook
    Tom Nook
    ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
    Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: My Little Restaurant   My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:17 am

I know, I was iffy on writing it because I wouldn't want them to not have us review games for them anymore, but it really was generic shovelware lets be serious.

Remote Racers was a damn fine game, I had a lot of fun and still play it once or twice a week. This one will be subjected to staying on a dusty SD card of no return...
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Restaurant   My Little Restaurant Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My Little Restaurant
    Page 1 of 1