Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_lcap2100%Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_lcap20%Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_lcap20%Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_lcap2Would you buy a Wii U for $350? I_voting_barWould you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_lcap2Would you buy a Wii U for $350? I_voting_barWould you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Would you buy a Wii U for $350?

Go down 
+2
Matthew999
Streex
6 posters

Yes
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_lcap250%Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_rcap2
 50% [ 6 ]
No
Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_lcap250%Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Vote_rcap2
 50% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

I'm a diehard Nintendo fan so it goes without saying that yes I would. Still I think they should launch it at $300 to make it an attractive buy this holiday season. Analyst Michael Pachter thinks Nintendo will be "screwed" if it's more than $250. For a company that only had one bad system in terms of sales (Virtual Boy) in history, I don't understand his logic. And really...what professional adviser uses the word "screwed"?

The $350 price point came from a recent Walmart advertisement on Google. The reason why I'm going with it is because Walmart nailed the Wii price before it was announced. They might have gotten lucky but for now I think Walmart has highly paid fortune tellers on their team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Matthew999
Yoshi
Yoshi
Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
Coins : 709

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Fri May 04, 2012 7:45 am

I voted yes because $350 would be a steal in Australia! Razz Considering the Wii launched here for $400 I expect the Wii U to launch for $500... Sad
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Fri May 04, 2012 1:49 pm

I suppose it can depend on a lot of factors, but I'm still sore about the 3DS. Plus, Nintendo really needs to sock it to M$ and Sony hard with this one, because they won't have much time before they respond. Its not sounding like the Wii-U is powerful enough to keep the attention long of the hardcore market Nintendo is trying to recapture. Then again, they're a fickle, unloyal bunch anyway, (easily distracted by the next shiny object they see,) so I don't know why they bother.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Fri May 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Nope.

The Wii and 3DS are reason enough for me not to day one adopt. Not enough value up front to plop down the cash. Ill wait for a price drop.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 11:28 am

lol haters gonna hate. vita launch much better call. :3
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 2:39 pm

They've already stated that they don't want to repeat the 3DS quick pricedrop. They will launch it as low as they can from day one. So if anyone is waiting for a price drop, I hope you can wait 4 years.

And Antilles, I completely agree. There's a special hardcore gamer market that Nintendo just will not get regardless of how awesome the Wii U is. If there isn't 15 new war or shooter games coming out each month, they will stick to whatever it is they are playing. They do like the latest shiny new object however, and maybe they'll get a Wii U at launch simply because of that fact. If they don't stick around, good. We don't need em.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 7:50 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
lol haters gonna hate. vita launch much better call. :3

it was Surprised . Been playing it every day since launch, more than my other consoles in the house.

My Wii ciollects dust, my 3DS collects dust. Im not like you guys with your one console allegiance. I actually have options Smile
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Wait, Triz, why am I still the only one who voted no on this? Or are you still saying you won't get it at launch? For someone with 5 current-gen consoles, I suppose $350 is a drop in the bucket.

And for the record, I have a 3-console allegiance- loosely classifying PC as a console.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2012 12:49 pm

I just didnt vote. But I pressed the button just for you.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Woooo! Two votes for "no!" Represent, my brotha!

Wait.... which side am I on?!!?
Back to top Go down
WildCard
Pit
Pit
WildCard

Number of posts : 115
Coins : 213

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2012 9:49 pm

im with Antillies in that there are a lot of factors involved as to how much id spend on a wii u. if it follows the past nintendo consoles releases sence game cube i must say i prob wont be buying at all till the price is cheap and the game library has had a few years to devlope. And im not tying to hate on ninty or be a troll when i say that. if i hated nintendo i would not bother being a memebr of this site much less a moderator Wink i just call it as *I* see it. If how ever its released with a few games i consider must haves then i might just take the risk. by risk i mean wether it turns out to be a good system game wise "my opinion" like the nes and snes or if its starved for quality games that *I* want to play like the wii Sad. There has just been very little on the wii iv wanted enough to buy. and again please dont be offended by that, ninty fans. i have a deep fondness for ninty if for no other reason than good memories as a kid with the nes and sens "snes is in my top 3 best consoles ever".
So if the games are there and the controls/controller turns out well and its obviuse that its going to have strong 3rd party suport and by that i mean quality and quantity then id buy one at 250$ happly even 350$ id have no problem with IF it looks like the games are going to be there. But its going to be a hard sell for me as i felt i waisted mony on my wii.

Im def hopeing the WiiU will be a great console for me but im skeptical at this point. def takeing a wait and see stance.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2012 10:08 pm

HOLY....

Where the crap have you been, Wildcard?

(Also, let me point out that IMO, the Wii was worth it for Smash Bros. and both Zeldas alone, so I got no beef with Wii, and I know Z will back be up that those weren't the only great games on it. True, it's more or less dead now, but I'm still having fun with Mario Party 9 and the occasional green stars on Mario Galaxy 2. I don't have time for Wii with all the 3DS time I'm putting in...)
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2012 1:57 am

I think it's going to be hard to say no to Wii U even for those that feel neglected by Wii. It's just that magical moment that gamers love when new hardware hits the shelves. Even if it doesn't fit your price range or maybe you haven't seen the kinds of games you want to play yet...new hardware launches are a gamer's Christmas.

Since I am still enjoying the Wii I feel pretty safe that I'll enjoy Wii U and will get it at launch. But what about you guys that don't quite play Wii anymore? Well I'm hoping that some of these positive rumors are true and E3 displays a "refocused" Nintendo...a Nintendo that promises to deliver the goods for the lost Wii gamers AND back it up.

Hey...I have a question for you guys. Triz and I applied to go to E3. So far Triz was denied because Ninfest doesn't get 10,000 visitors a month. I'm still waiting on word back. In the meantime Nintendo has invited me to their press conference. Problem is, it's hard to justify an expensive trip to E3 if I'm only allowed to the conference and not the showroom floor. If I don't get word back from the ESA by tomorrow, I'll write them again. But my question is would you go to E3 if all you could do is sit in the same room with Miyamoto, Reggie and friends? I'm torn...

...and great to hear from you again WildCard! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2012 9:08 am

sitting in the same room as them isnt very true. They will be on stage, you wont get to meat them Streex. Dont let dreams cloud your judgement. Its a waste of money Wink
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2012 9:40 am

That's a super tough one, Streex. We can start a "Send Streex to E3" fund! I'll put in the first $10. Tell Reggie his old buddy says hi!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2012 11:49 am

Ok guys, send me to E3. I'll start taking those donations.

Still no email from ESA. They'll be hearing from me again soon. Maybe they're having a hard time deciding. They know the website isn't traffic worthy but then again I'm too lovable to deny. I can understand the difficult choice before them. jocolor
Back to top Go down
WildCard
Pit
Pit
WildCard

Number of posts : 115
Coins : 213

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 1:21 am

Antilles wrote:
HOLY....

Where the crap have you been, Wildcard?

(Also, let me point out that IMO, the Wii was worth it for Smash Bros. and both Zeldas alone, so I got no beef with Wii, and I know Z will back be up that those weren't the only great games on it. True, it's more or less dead now, but I'm still having fun with Mario Party 9 and the occasional green stars on Mario Galaxy 2. I don't have time for Wii with all the 3DS time I'm putting in...)
Yea iv been gone awhile. my net provider "sprint"
put a 5 gig data cap on my net access "yet i still pay as much as i did for unlimited 3g. greedy basterds"so iv been hanging on the net a lot less the past 4 or 5 months. also iv been tied up in my other hobby RC cars. i figure with all this talk about digital download games only consoles ect ect i might want to start cultavateing a new hobby just in case lol :p. but thanks for notecing i was gone Smile.

i fully understand that some people were happy with the wii. i can accept that with no problem. im not one of those gamers who thinks my opinion is all that counts lol. While i liked smg and a few others that i consider AAA or premium class games if you will on the wii there were just to few and to far between for ME to consider the wii a worthwhile system. im realy hopeing i'll like the WiiU better. even though *I* have felt let down by ninty with the wii and even to a lesser dagree the n64 and game cube over all there is still something about nintendo that makes me want to love them lol. childhood memories,subliminal messages,good PR or all of the above? lol. any way if the system turns out great with great games id pay 350$ id rather pay 250 though Wink other wise i'll be passing on it.

Of course as another posetr said its always exiting when any new hardwear comes out for a console gamer. and in years passed id buy them up day 1 "i had a atari jag for example "i actually liked it to Razz" but iv become a bit harder to impress in my old age :p
Back to top Go down
Matthew999
Yoshi
Yoshi
Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
Coins : 709

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 8:33 am

I love the Wii but having owned it since near launch it has been a long time waiting for all the AAA titles to release. Unlike my days with the N64 where it was the end of its life and all the great games were available to buy. So it does seem like its dragged on a bit but after a few years I'm sure I'll appreciate the Wii much more again.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Sat May 19, 2012 3:25 pm

I'll agree it seems the Wii outwelcomed its stay a bit. The Wii U really should have come out last holiday season, but when things are held back by Nintendo they always come out much better. Maybe by waiting an extra year Wii U components will be a bit cheaper so they can bump up the specs. 2 weeks to E3!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Sat May 26, 2012 9:24 am

Its gonna be worth it. I don't know how it couldn't be. The Mario titles will rock. Zelda will amaze, if at least appease. New Starfox should be swell, right? Maybe some serious new fan service? Who cares, it will rock.

The Wii is old hat but still running strong. Xenoblade Chronicles, the coming Last Story, new Epic Mickey. Lets not forget Rhythm Heaven Fever, which was surprisingly awesome!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Tue May 29, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm still stuck with a huge back-catalogue of Wii games I meant to buy eventually. (Little King's Story- WHY haven't I gotten to you, yet!?!?) If the list of outstanding titles on Wii is too short for anyone, then I submit that they either only nibble on a game before tossing it aside, are impossible to please, (or have no taste,) or should perhaps consider more useful pursuits with their staggering amount of free time.

I do understand that some people just don't like Mario or Zelda or Samus or Donkey Kong or Fire Emblem or Sonic or one-ff gems like Zack & Wicki or Little King's story, etc... I understand that some don't ever get tired of buying 10+ iterations of half a dozen or more FPS franchises. I understand that they prefer games with an M stamped on the box. Arkham Asylum beats Mario Galaxy for you- I get that. For those who feel that way, Nintendo was never really the place for you.

If Wii-U becomes the home for people like that, I am not sure it will still have room left for me. We just don't have the same tastes, and I hate to think Nintendo can be warped by such demands. I appreciate that they're going for wider appeal. I just hope it doesn't come at the cost of innovation and truly fun gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Tue May 29, 2012 3:37 pm

You guys pinned it down. I want to cry sometimes when I read the stuff you guys read because I know truly there is no hater out there that can put you in your place. You know your stuff and any Nintendo hater would leave with their tail between their legs. Smile

Great points Z, the Wii does have some great titles still coming that would keep any real gamer occupied for a long time. Antilles, it's a shame we have gamers out there that play a game for an hour, toss it to the side, and say there isn't anything to play. There are so many great games for the Wii that only a fickle gamer or hater could say they won't play them because either it's in "SD" or "on Nintendo".

Of course there is no shortage for me. My backlog is 57 games high on the Wii alone. Some notable titles I have yet to really dive into include Animal Crossing: City Folk, Black Ops, Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Crystal Chronicles, Fire Emblem, Goldeneye, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Madworld, Mario Kart Wii (single player), Mario Sports Mix, Other M, Metroid Prime 3, Monster Hunter Tri, NBA Jam, Rayman Origins, Red Steel 2, Silent Hill, Skylanders, Sonic Colors, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Tales of Symphonia, Turtles: Smash-Up, Skyward Sword, etc. This isn't even a complete list but you can see how my Wii is going to have a lot of life left long after the Wii U drops. I still have GameCube games I haven't dived into yet!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Tue May 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Im with you Antilles. If Nintendo caves to them they may lose me. *sigh*

Last edited by ZeldAnTales on Tue May 29, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Tue May 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks, Streex. I was trying NOT to think about most of those games, since they were on my list, too, and I know I'll never get to them! I thought if at least I forgot they existed I could feel like I only missed a few good ones! Arrrrgh!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1Wed May 30, 2012 1:08 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Im with you Antilles. If Nintendo caves to them they may lose me. *sigh*

I don't think they need to cave to them as you put it, but maybe have more titles that they want alongside the great stuff we already get. It should happen automatically with a strong online presence and specs that appeal to the devs. I'm hearing a lot of great stuff from these companies about how the Wii U versions of these games will be the superior version. And it should. After all, it is the first next gen console so naturally it will be the beast on the block. The great thing I'm excited about is that it will not only have the specs, but also the innovation. That is a scary combo.

I can see Sony and Microsoft right now trying to rush out their next platforms crammed with specs simply because that's all they can do. Must rely on Nintendo for the innovation and try to emulate that somehow into their own plans. I just hope Wii U can hit the ground running because with the innovators hitting next gen first, the other guys will copy and out spec the Wii U. The innovators showing up last this current gen resulted in Sony rushing a Sixaxis controller out the door, but it was really too late. The motion control wave belonged to Nintendo so Kinect and Move never really had a chance. If this tablet takes off, there will be enough time for the other guys to take that innovation and make it theirs day one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy a Wii U for $350?   Would you buy a Wii U for $350? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninfest Nation :: News :: General-
Jump to: