Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_lcap2100%Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_lcap20%Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_lcap20%Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_lcap2Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda I_voting_barWii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_lcap2Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda I_voting_barWii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 pm

This is the type of stuff that makes me wonder wii i paid off the WiiU.

Quote :
The new Nintendo console will support in-game voice chat for "select games", a rep for the company tells Kotaku. Among the games supported will be Assassin's Creed III, Call of Duty Black Ops II and Mass Effect 3, all games with significant online multiplayer modes and all which support in-game voice chat on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

The Wii U GamePad—the console's signature twin-stick controller that contains a 6.2-inch screen—contains a microphone and speakers, but that mic does not actually work with the voice chat. Nintendo tells me that users who want to be able to talk to each other can use a licensed stereo headset from Turtle Beach or Mad Catz (Tritton). The headsets plug into the GamePad's headphone jack.

At least one of the aforementioned games, Black Ops II, supports the Pro Controller, but that controller's lack of a jack will require Pro Controller gamers who want voice chat to do something a bit counterintuitive. They'll have to plug their headset into the GamePad, the controller they are otherwise not using, according to a spokesperson for CoD publisher Activision. That rep believes that gamers might be able to use a standard set of headphones that contain a mic (iPhone headphones, for example) with the GamePad, but that's not something I've been able to clarify yet with Nintendo.

inexcuseable.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Did the PS3 not having cross game voice chat keep you from getting a PS3? You should know only 360 has that feature. The games that need voice chat will have voice chat. If a game has voice chat on other consoles it will have it on Wii U. You use a headset on the other consoles, you can do that on Wii U too.

You're making this out to be a larger issue than it really is. If there is anything that really sucks about this is that the Pro controller does not have a headphone jack if you don't want to use the GamePad.

The 360 is the only console that has cross game voice chat and I'll admit I wish Wii U had it. I wonder if it's something that can be added later as an update. Not buying a Wii U because it doesn't have that feature means you shouldn't buy a PS3 either, basically.

I'll be getting a headset at launch, I'll be using the GamePad for most of my gaming, so I'm not seeing this as a huge issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Quote :
You're making this out to be a larger issue than it really is. If there is anything that really sucks about this is that the Pro controller does not have a headphone jack if you don't want to use the GamePad.

Thats the issue. If im playing an online game, more than likely its a core title i.e. COD and the like. I already stated I wouldnt be using the pad for games of that nature. Not to mention the mic in the pad does not work for voice chat hence the inexcusible part of my post. This has nothing to do with cross game chat. and fyi, Vita has cross game chat as well not just 360.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:05 pm

I don't think the Pro controller ever had a headphone jack. How did you think you would speak in an online game if you weren't going to use the GamePad?

Let's see if we can work around this issue. Um, do we know if we can use the Pro Controller and get a feed on the GamePad at the same time in one player? I know two people can play on one Wii U, one person using the GamePad screen and one using the TV and a Pro Controller.

More questions arise. Ok, assuming that maybe you can play one player using the Pro Controller while getting a functional GamePad at the same time, prop the Gamepad up in front of you on the stand (map displayed on screen) with the headset plugged into it. Now you're chatting and using the pro controller. It does seem like a bit much.

Who knows, you might find the extra features on the GamePad to be very useful in FPS games and end up using it. It's very comfortable, light weight, and really...don't knock it till you try it.

I wonder why there isn't a wireless solution. Could the wireless tech behind the GamePad be interference?

Lots of questions yet to be answered here but don't kill yourself for buying a Wii u just yet. It's not the end of the world. I'm sure there can be system updates that can fix these issues.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:32 pm

System updates to fix we hope so. Should have been there from the start, your damn right it should have been. Thats basic functionality. Im not serious when I say this is a reason not to buy the system Streex, Im saying blindy putting money down with the hopes that Nintendo gets it right out of the gate for once was a stupid idea.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 pm

None of the console makers get it right the first time. We love the consoles and always buy them at launch, which usually means dealing with the early problems. As long as we don't have something as epic fail as RROD I think we will be mostly pleased. And I hope it sells well enough so there isn't another quick price drop, leaving us as the ones that overpaid.

Honestly, I don't think there will ever be a company that gets a launch right from the beginning. We as gamers are so picky at what we want, expect, and demand that there will always be some griping and displeasure over something.

Looking back at the issue here, the funny thing is that the feature lacking to you is basic functionality, but for a Nintendo gamer like me it's an improvement over what we've had on Wii. I'm glad that a headset purchase is going to go a lot further on the Wii U. A very nice one coming in at only $50. I've seen some on the other consoles that threaten to charge $200.

I hope Nintendo sees the reaction over this news and maybe have a system update soon after launch, or at least give us a technological reason why it isn't there.

If anyone doesn't know, the situation as it stands right now is that if you want to chat with others during gameplay, you have to use a headset plugged into the GamePad. To (video)chat out of gameplay you can use the built in mic and camera on the GamePad.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:14 pm

I have been reading the articles on this and I have to agree there's no excuse for this. Using the tablet's mic seemed an absolute NO-BRAINER! I also agree with those that say this does not bode well for Nintendo's online strategy overall. I'm not saying it's an important point in itself, I'm just saying if they can get something so easy wrong, what else did they bone-head on?

I don't give a crap about cross-game chat, and I really think the lack of a jack on the pro controller is a non-issue. Dudes- you may not want to use this expensive, highly sophisticated controller to play your games, but- uhhh... did you forget it's supposed to become your mega universal remote and dominate your living room? Whether you play with it or not, it should be near you. It's your new best friend.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:42 am

You post stuff from Kotaku and expect anyone to listen. LOLZ

Do we know for sure the pro has no outlet? Link me up Scotty.

Furthermore- buy a wireless headset then. Afterglow makes them. You can plug it into your gamepad without it being right next to you, problem solved.

And Antilles has a point, this thing is supposed to be the go-to controller for the single player. Just sell it at Christmas like a soulless asshole and shut up if you are so damn skeptical, honestly.

edit: that reads like I'm calling you an asshole. I wasn't but hey if the shoe fits LOL Wink I wear it well.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 am

Would you rather have me post it from IGN? (I dont visit that site but I know the article is there.)

Yes the pro headset has no mic outlet just look at the pictures or see the rep from ninty confirming it.

I will be using the pad controller for nintendo games that are designed for it. Not the third party games that are actually going to have the online play Im interested in.

I have no desire to sell the system for a profit, I buy them so I can play them.

Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Triz is right about the no outlet. I had looked all over on the subject before I noticed you guys were talking about it, and all sources agree on that.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Oh well, now I might not have to hear a bunch of retards more profane than myself while I'm trying to have fun.

Such a pity! I know, I know... its a standard, bla bla. lol
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Yeah, I just wish they let it work easily at least for people on your friends list! I don't care at all to talk to strangers, or listen to their endless streams of obscenities.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:20 pm

From a tech standpoint, it might have been too difficult after hearing how hard it was to get the gamepad to work perfectly. Or maybe they just want to make sure obscenities aren't screaming out of your gamepad for all to hear. we'll find out soon enough how detrimental it is to the overall experience.

I read that they almost left the camera feature out. Just too laggy because for every action that happens on the gamepad it has to go to the console and then back to the gamepad. then they got it to work as just a picture camera but felt that if it was to be there at all there should be some video function. Back to work they went to get it up to 4fps and finally they managed to get a camera working at 30fps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda   Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wii U supports voice caht in games...kinda
Page 1 of 1