Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Super Mario Bros. 2 Vote_lcap2100%Super Mario Bros. 2 Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Super Mario Bros. 2 Vote_lcap20%Super Mario Bros. 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Super Mario Bros. 2 Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Super Mario Bros. 2 Vote_lcap2Super Mario Bros. 2 I_voting_barSuper Mario Bros. 2 Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Super Mario Bros. 2 Vote_lcap2Super Mario Bros. 2 I_voting_barSuper Mario Bros. 2 Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Super Mario Bros. 2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Super Mario Bros. 2   Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:07 pm

Oh how I loved this game. Where oh where can I find my old baddies from that game now? I believe Wart made an appearance on the GameBoy title The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening as a boss. Bob Omb also survived and has carried over into numerous games. But I miss Tweeter and Snifit. Those cute little Flurries running about sliding this way and that trying to catch me. Where are they now? Who can forget those memorable battles with Mouser, Clawgrip, Tryclyde and Fryguy. We need more Nintendo! At the very least I'd like them to put Toki Toki Panic, which is what we know here as SMB 2, on the Virtual Console. It would be interesting to play this game the way Japan knows it. But until then... Crying or Very sad Super Mario Bros. 2 ToadNES
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 2   Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:58 pm

I like the little Toad animation, how'd you get that on there? Anyways, I also really enjoyed this game as a kid and I agree that one of the best parts about it was the number of new memorable enemies introduced into the series Personally, I thought Fry Guy was the coolest back then, but others like Mouser and Tryclide were great as well. (Heh, I called Fry Guy cool) Despite that it was not originally a Mario game, all those characters will stilll be considered Mario characters to me. (Especially with their cameos on the Mario cartoons which I watched all the time as a kid and own now on DVD, yay for geekhood! Very Happy ) Although, Mario 2 was not my favorite (That belongs to Mario 3), I will always have a special place in my heart for this wonderful title.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 2   Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:02 pm

The little animated Toad I found on Photobucket. I share some of your geekhood. I have the Super Mario Bros. 3 DVD, Super Mario Bros. Super Show DVD, and The Legend of Zelda. Still need to get Volume 2 of Super Show and Captain N. I really like how Shout is bringing out a bunch of classic stuff that might not make it to DVD otherwise. pirat
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 2   Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Yeah, Shout is awesome for bringing out these childhood memories on DVD. I remember how excited I was every time I got to see my favorite characters come on the television. I actually just recently finished my collection by purchasing the Super Mario World/Captain N 3rd season collection. So now I have the entire series of Mario, Zelda, and Captain N cartoons. (honestly I'm not sure whether to be proud of that fact or slightly embarrassed by how geeky I am) Either way, though, I love them if for nothing else than the nostalgia (but I have to ask what the artists of Captain N were thinking when they made Megaman green and King Hippo blue?) Oh well, my sister seems to enjoy them as well despite her not watching them when they first came out.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 2   Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Let's not forget the appearance of nijis (little ninjas shaped like Starfy,) in the last level of Super Mario 3. I can't think of another place they've shown up. When I saw them in SMB3, I shouted "NIJI!" I thought it was amusingly random of Nintendo to throw them in there.
Back to top Go down
hcfwesker
Super Mario
Super Mario
hcfwesker

Number of posts : 47
Coins : 80

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 2   Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 am

To be totally honest, I was one of the last kids on my block to get an NES, and we got the NES/SMB2 pack, so SMB2 was teh fist NES game I actually owned.  even thought it wasn't really a mario game (japanese import) it still was fun with very good gameplay mechanics and variety that you didn't see much back in the NES days until SMB2 came out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brawldomain.com
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 2   Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:15 am

Antilles wrote:
Let's not forget the appearance of nijis (little ninjas shaped like Starfy,) in the last level of Super Mario 3. I can't think of another place they've shown up. When I saw them in SMB3, I shouted "NIJI!" I thought it was amusingly random of Nintendo to throw them in there.
I thought they were called Ninji. *Checks to confirm*...yes. They are Ninji. I don't remember them being in SMB3 *Again checking* I'm not finding any confirmation of Ninji in SMB3. I played the game last October through all the levels and don't recall seeing any.
Back to top Go down
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 2   Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Really? This game? Oh uh.........kaaaaaay! I played this before and beat it, but never seem to enjoy it alot because it's just the stages are kinda easy, a bit hard but not possible to be angry at, and the boss is just a joke. The character are pretty cool to play as, but I think I like Toad the best because not only he runs faster but also can pick up stuff faster as well. Ahhhh good times! Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Bros. 2   Super Mario Bros. 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Bros. 2
Page 1 of 1