Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_lcap2100%Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_lcap20%Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_lcap20%Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_lcap2Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! I_voting_barFreshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_lcap2Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! I_voting_barFreshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!   Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:34 am

These is the end times we are in. Swine flu, War on Terrorism, David Letterman, these are things in the world that raise serious questions and cast furious doubt over a once proud nation. Where do we go from here? Raise taxes? Tea parties? Who is in charge here?

The answer, my friends, is a multi-layered ballad of poignant human interaction. Much like this game:

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Img-resized Reduced: 25% of
original size [ 1023 x 879 ] - Click to view full image
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! DSCI0001

Now that so many of you are deeply enthralled with the paradox I have presented, allow me to ignore that section of my review entirely as it had little to do with the game and more to do with a tangent I felt like exploring/exploiting.

After all, this is freakin' Tingle the Fairy we are talking about, no small potatoes! A character from The Legend of Zelda universe actually gets his own adventure. How does it "fare?" God, that pun was righteous.

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Freshly-picked-tingles-rosy-rupeeland-20070914010444334_640w

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is an action/rpg hybrid that truly is unlike any other game out there. There are points in the game that need fine tuning, and I will address them to be sure, but the overall game is a satisfying, if off-putting, experience. It begins in Tingle's home, where he hears the voice of Uncle Rupee calling from the West. He follows, to find a pool where he is asked by Uncle to feed it rupees. If he feeds the pool enough rupees, Rupee's castle will reach the sky and Tingle will be able to enter Rupeeland. Thus, Tingle begins his adventures to find rupees (and eventually become the fairy he is today!).

The first thing that will strike you as odd in this game is the money system. Not only do you buy items with your rupees, but you have to bribe townspeople to tell you certain bits of information required to move along in the game's story. Add these two factors in with the necessity of donating rupees to Uncle Rupee's pool, and you have a very difficult routine to get the knack of. Give too many rupees, and you won't have enough to progress. Give too few rupees to the townsperson, and they will refuse to impart their knowledge upon you. This is a very different strategy, and one I have never really come across in any other game, especially for the ds!

There are 11 islands to explore, very similar to most Legend of Zelda games, and the dungeons have that same vibe as well. What does NOT carry over is the combat system. This is my main complaint with the game. You can see your enemy before a fight, as in Zelda, but once you touch/attack the bad guy you become a swivel of dust clouds and bare knuckle brawling. You tap the stylus in some sort of pattern I have yet to discover (and I went through the tutorial!), and eventually you defeat your enemy. Oh, did I mention instead of health, it uses your rupees for that too!?!??! Yeah, when you fight baddys if you are hit you lose rupees. SHIT.

To be fair, they give you "guard characters" that act as a sort of shield from the bad guys, but you don't ALWAYS have them. And once defeated, bad guys tend to replenish whatever rupees they took, but it is an irritating mechanic.

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Freshly-picked-tingles-rosy-rupeeland-20070914010449334_640w
The graphical style, in my humblest of Zelda fanatic opinion, is nothing short of spectacular. It is funny, colorful, and bursting with personality. Seriously, look at this shit above ^. That seriously made me laugh for like 5 minutes. The quirkiness of the graphics really mesh well with the gameplay's totally queer style, deepening the experience as much as one could expect from such a release.

This game has never seen the US shores, but that doesn't mean you can't play it! Any ds cart will work on any ds! And since this game saw European release, its an easy find. For Zelda fans and weirdo-indie fans (Atlus, Nis, you know what I mean) this title is a must-own. Seeing Tingle's journey to fairy hood is both deliciously hilarious and sadly pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!   Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:24 pm

I'm interested in this. Why would Nintendo not bring this to the states? Do they think it's to queer for us manly men Americans? Would their wholesome image be tainted if this was localized? Not sure the reason but it looks like something that would do quite well here.

What would you rate this game on a 5 star decimal scale? I'd love to post this on Ninfest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!   Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Post away, I'd give it a 3 out of 5. Also, technically it doesn't even really need localization since it came out in Europe. In fact, if you remember Streex Nintendo Power had a survey asking if you'd be interesting in playing the game. Apparently not enough of us answered. Sad
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!   Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:24 pm

I was one of those that did not answer. Oh well, I still have Spirit Tracks to get to which should be much better.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!   Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 am

Posted your review on the site. Terrific write up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!   Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!
Page 1 of 1