Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Up Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Up Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Up Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Up Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Up Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Up Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Up Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Up Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Up Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Up Vote_lcap2100%Up Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Up Vote_lcap20%Up Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Up Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Up Vote_lcap2Up I_voting_barUp Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Up

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Up Empty
PostSubject: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:02 am

Awful, just awful. Such a waste of my time and money. Such a waste of effort and film. I'd like to think it was just that I had too high expectations but, even if that were true...the movie would still suck. I can't believe that it got "green-lighted". I can't believe that it got such high praise from critics and movie-goers alike. I'd like to be more thoughtful here and explain why I didn't like this movie but so many others have expressed how I feel much better than I ever could. And, I'm so angered that I refuse to waste my brain power to do so. At this point in time, I only wish to get over the disappointment of having wasted my time on this movie. This movie wasn't for children. It wasn't for adults either. It could have been for both. It could have been so much more than it was...as it is, it is just a WASTE.

1.6 out of 5
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:41 am

I have never seen it (I am of the few who actually think Pixar can suck a d***), never plan to, and never plan to really see any Pixar movie ever again. Toy Story was cool, the rest of their movies have the same basic story, the same irritating characters, and the same stupid animation.

LAME.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:50 am

Streex wrote:
Awful, just awful. Such a waste of my time and money. Such a waste of effort and film. I'd like to think it was just that I had too high expectations but, even if that were true...the movie would still suck. I can't believe that it got "green-lighted". I can't believe that it got such high praise from critics and movie-goers alike. I'd like to be more thoughtful here and explain why I didn't like this movie but so many others have expressed how I feel much better than I ever could. And, I'm so angered that I refuse to waste my brain power to do so. At this point in time, I only wish to get over the disappointment of having wasted my time on this movie. This movie wasn't for children. It wasn't for adults either. It could have been for both. It could have been so much more than it was...as it is, it is just a WASTE.

1.6 out of 5

lolwat. another testament to the flawed Streex review scale. Im sure it ws so shitty that it didnt deserve the Oscar it won. or the 98% approval @ Rotten Tomoatoes (unheard of for any type of movie.)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/up/
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:04 am

Did you seriously just defend the Oscars dude?
And stupid critic site's aren't worth dick, I don't care which one it is.

Not that I wouldn't like to hear why he thought it was so bad...
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:35 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Did you seriously just defend the Oscars dude?
And stupid critic site's aren't worth dick, I don't care which one it is.

Not that I wouldn't like to hear why he thought it was so bad...

Its not a critic site, it culminates all reviews to give an overall score. So 98% of the critics think its a great movie, and so do I. Im not defending the Oscars, im just saying it won the Oscar for best animated picture. So for Streex to sit here and shit all over the movie is hilarious. But hey thats what makes opinions differ.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:41 pm

I suppose it didn't have much competition, either. Such is life.
I still don't give a rat's ass about any site pooling any critics bla bla bla means nothing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:49 pm

This just in. Everybody likes Up so I guess I have to! Doesn't matter what I really feel about it because a website tells me what I must think of it. The purpose of those sites are to help you make a decision on which movies you should see or buy, not to make up your mind on how you should feel about them after you've seen them. Up Icon_tongue

The Oscars I stopped watching when I found out it was basically fixed like pro wrestling. When it comes to movies, you can either watch the movie critics are raving about, or see the #1 movie in America. Plus those critic comments you see on the dvd/blue ray boxes? That comes after the studio pampers them, coaxing a great comment or two out of them to help sell the movie.

Triz, you are in love with Pixar so it's no question you are going to like anything they make. If they took a nutty dump on your plate and called it dinner, you'd ask for seconds. I love Pixar too, but not to the level of fanboyism. I'm not the only one that thought it was a bore. Cheator took his mom and sister to see it in the theater, got so bored of it they walked out. And they NEVER have done that for any movie. But I guess my rating is flawed just because it doesn't match popular critic opinion...

Pixar is running out of ideas. I loved their great run of hot movies but they're starting to fall in a rut like Disney for most of the past 15 years. Toy Story 3 is coming out soon and I loved the first 2, 5 out of 5 (hey, my review scale just got fixed!), but I'm keeping expectations purposely low so I don't get let down again.

No disrespect meant in this post Triz, you are a good man. Just letting my fingers flow with the thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 pm

perhaps you missed the part where i said
Quote :
But hey thats what makes opinions differ.

But Ive been saying your review scale is flawed for years. Just tell these people what score you gave the Scooby Doo movies. Up Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:49 am

I would give the first one a 4.4 / 5 and the second a 5 / 5. yes I liked them. I found them to be funny. I went in with low expectations and walked out entertained. At least they didn't pretend to be big, epic, must see movies.

I think over the years our opinions have differed more than matched so it's easy to say what I think is flawed. But I could easily say the same about your opinion. But I don't because if you like something or not, that's all you. I respect that. Your opinion can't be flawed because...quite simply...that's your opinion. I'm not going to tell you what you like is wrong just because I don't like it.

We can debate opinions and have fun hearing each other explain things from different views, but flawed is a hurtful word. See... Up Icon_sad My emoticon is crying.

Enough of this sappy talk from me. Up sucks and Up yours! Have at you! Up Icon_twisted
*last boss music starts playing as swords begin to clash in the distance*
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:27 am

Up sucks and up yours, that is freaking hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:25 am

*sigh* You know, Streex, I have to wonder if you still have a soul. Up was very different from Pixar's other movies, and many considered it a mistake because it didn't have the easily marketable characters and such their other movies had. Pixar didn't care about marketing. They wanted to tell what they felt was a good story. I found it unique, original, and engrossing. I could watch it again and again. The other Pixar movies were great, but they didn't have the depth this one had.

I'm no Pixar fanboy. I just really, really liked Up. I went in not expecting it to live up to its hype, (I distrust critics as much as anyone and generally hate what they like,) and came out very pleasantly surprised.

I understand what you mean about everyone expecting you to like something. I was in Fance when Titanic came out. I watched it years after everyone else. I thought it was certainly a well-made movie, but I really couldn't see why it was so huge. Perhaps I missed in Titanic what you missed in Up.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:22 am

Like I said, never saw Up. But in Titanic's case the main attraction was that it was a to-scale replica of the Titanic made exclusively for the movie, that's why it was so cool.

Not that I cared for the movie, except Kate Winslet's booby who's with me!?
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:03 pm

any titty in a PG13 movie is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:17 am

I'll take 'booby in Titanic' for 1000 Alex.
"She showed boob in Titanic"

Streex...
"Who is Kate Winslet?"

Oh Titanic made me feel like a little girl because I loved it. The Celine Dion song on the radio every hour for months started to really get on my nerves though.

The first 15 minutes of UP were good. I was feeling it. I was ready to be amazed once more. Then the house flies up in the sky and they end up in a weird place and then it felt like they picked random events to happen in the movie out of a hat. Kind of like that episode of South Park where they make fun of Family Guy by saying all their jokes are randomly picked by manatees. That is what Up felt like. I was sooooo bored. Up Sleep My daughter didn't even want to watch it. To be fair, she did peek from the other room from time to time. I think there was some subliminal messages in that movie to control the nations minds to like it. I, however, remembered to wear my aluminum foil anti brain controlling hat from Signs. Up Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:53 pm

I heard that UP was a pretty good movie so I watched it with my whole family. You know us family should do this every Monday more often. Up Icon_idea
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:07 am

Just watched this movie. I normally hate on Pixar but I found this quite moving. The dog was freaking hilarious!!! Found myself misty-eyed frequently.

There was death in the beginning, very odd. But the story is just totally sweet-natured and gracious. I really am not a fan of Pixar but this was very endearing to me.

I gotta give it 4.5/5
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am

I told you something was wrong with Streex. He has no feelings. Evil man.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up   Up Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:32 am

*stomps off only to get lifted in the air by 1,000 balloons*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content