Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_lcap2100%Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_lcap20%Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_lcap20%Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_lcap2Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II I_voting_barPhantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_lcap2Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II I_voting_barPhantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Did anyone else on these boards own this wonderful game? I had to order mine online back when it was first released because no stores around me actually carried it. It was probably one of my best purchases ever in hindsight. On the first day it arrived, I coincidentally had two of my friends coming over, so all four of us were able to experience the offline four player mode on the first day (my sister joined in too). We played so many hours that day, and to this day I still have people come over just so we can go dungeon exploring.

For the Gamecube, I considered the graphics quite good, especially the visuals and locales of Episode II. The sound effects and music were all good, although, nothing you'll find yourself humming later that day. The gameplay was that of a live action RPG where timing was much more important and effective than just button mashing (unfortunately one of my friends never learned that).

With both episodes combined, there are about eight areas to explore, each with their own theme and look. I'll admit that playing the same levels (especially after so many years) does grow somewhat tiresome, but the game is just so much fun when you have friends over that its pretty easy to ignore. Besides awesome online (yes, one of the few Gamecube games with online, although, I didn't really play it) and offline gameplay, I think the biggest draw was the number of rare items that there are to collect. Some of these weapons and armor can have just insanely low drop rates, but for a collectionist and perfectionist like myself it just makes me want that item more. The promise of finding another rare item always pushed our group forward to the next zone and led to many nights of playing until 2AM or often later.

In my opinion, Phantasy Star Online was probably the best RPG on the system and may even pass up Super Smash Brothers Melee as my most played Gamecube game (which is crazy if you know how much I love that series). With the upcoming release of Phantasy Star Zero around August (which is said to be more closely related to PSO than the recent Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Portable games Very Happy ), I am hoping to have many more late nights joining forces with teammates while looking for those rare elusive items. Let's hope that release date gets here soon (I've actually been playing a lot of PSO recently purely out of excitement).
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:51 pm

I had it on Dreamcast, and spent many late night binges playing online. In fact my wife hated the game so much she almost left me (way before we were married.) I now know I cant play these types of games as I get too wrapped up in them, World of Warcraft is banned at my house as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Yeah, my girlfriend is not too fond of Phantasy Star Online and World of Warcraft either. Both have got me in trouble more than a few times. Razz Fortunately, I've banned myself from World of Warcraft while I'm in college (too busy as is) and I've been able to relatively control my PSO playtime, especially since I don't play online. Phantasy Star Zero could be trouble, though, when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:04 am

I have something to say that is going to be very weird so hold on to your seat.....I don't like Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2...... confused .!?!?!?! Let me explain. In a reply to Lier X agerate on the addiction to Everquest I went on how much I loved playing online. That is what I loved about it, the online play. Being my first online adventure I couldn't get over how awesome it was to communicate and interact with others in a game and not be sitting right next to them. I even went out and bought a GameCube keyboard so I could just sit and chat with others before deciding what type of mission to go on. The only bad part about it was that it was completely hacked and all the rare weapons were readily available. One guy I traveled with had endless money and every weapon possible. In fact he had many duplicate rare items so one day he dropped a bunch of currency and rare weapons for me to pick up. It ruined the balance of the game online but it was too awesome of an experience for me to care.
Let me back up to the beginning. I got this game for Christmas one year from my mother-in-law and she told me she couldn't find it anywhere until she came to one GameStop that had one copy left new (I had it on my wish list). I threw it in and started going through the game offline and I just couldn't get into it. I painfully completed the game offline so I wouldn't be so weak when I took it online. I wish I could remember why I didn't like it besides the memory of not liking it, but maybe that's just it. It was so unmemorable for me that I didn't care to retain any of it. I can slightly remember attacking being very awkward, maybe because of poor hit detection, but I can't be sure. I just like the online aspect because of simply being in the company of others playing the same game. Maybe I would have liked the game offline much more if I had a couple friends come over and play it with me. It's just so odd as I sit here typing this thinking back how black and white this game was for me.
I'm glad that you guys enjoyed this game thoroughly. I am also looking forward with great anticipation to Phantasy Star Zero coming soon, and will definitely purchase, but it's the chance to play with others online again in the Phantasy Star world that has me excited. Maybe this time around I'll like the solo quest more, but it's not the reason I'll buy it.
Now that I have you all confused, I apologize. I'm almost confusing myself. This may be the only game I love and hate all at the same time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:49 am

Phantasy Star is all about the loot grinding. If you dont like running the same shit over and over with the chance of some crazy item dropping, the game probably isnt for you. What draws me to Phantasy star is the same thing that draws me to Diablo. Building an awesome character and having the most kick ass weapons. Hell I just picked up Phantasy Star Portable for the PSP . cheers
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Yeah, I agree that Phantasy Star Online is definitely for us who love to search for new rare items. Currently I'm searching for the Sange, Lavis Cannon, Heaven Punisher, Gi Gue Bazooka, and two Syncestas. (this could take a while Razz ) It's crazy just how much I love looking for these rare items though.

While I can understand some quips about the combat system, it's all about timing, positioning, and strategy. Having a certain type of weapon for a certain situation can be vital if you are a hunter (melee class), while that was never much of a gripe for me since I'm almost always a force (casting class). It's also important to adjust your light, heavy, and special hits, since consecutive hits increase accuracy. That could explain why some might think hit detection is a problem. Heavy and special hits are just not meant to be your staple attack; they're designed for the second or third strike in a combo.

How is Phantasy Star Portable? (lol, abbreviated it's PSP) I heard it was better than PSU but not at the same level as PSO. Since I don't have a PSP myself, I probably will never play it. Especially since us DS owners will be getting Phantasy Star Zero over here eventually.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:04 am

Lier X Agerate wrote:
While I can understand some quips about the combat system, it's all about timing, positioning, and strategy. Having a certain type of weapon for a certain situation can be vital if you are a hunter (melee class), while that was never much of a gripe for me since I'm almost always a force (casting class). It's also important to adjust your light, heavy, and special hits, since consecutive hits increase accuracy. That could explain why some might think hit detection is a problem. Heavy and special hits are just not meant to be your staple attack; they're designed for the second or third strike in a combo.
This was probably part of my problem. I should revisit the game with this in mind. I will be waiting for the DS game also and hope it keeps me up till the sun rises. Don't keep me waiting too long Sega! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:04 pm

I would definitely recommend giving Phantasy Star Zero a try when it comes out, but November is a long way away. I'm actually going to be buying two copies since one of them will be a birthday gift for my sister.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Maybe when it comes out I can join you guys online and teach me a thing or two. I'm sure I'll love the online aspect as much as I did the GameCube version, where it almost felt like a MMO.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:05 am

the Japanese version is on sale at some import sights for 14 bucks...dont know if thats a good sign for the game.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Hm, yeah that doesn't seem a very positive sign does it... Well Famitsu gave it a 33/40 I believe which is a pretty good game according to their rating system. Not perfect but still great. Let's hope the translated version doesn't dissapoint. (I've been waiting for this game for a LONG time...)
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:55 am

Triz wrote:
the Japanese version is on sale at some import sights for 14 bucks...dont know if thats a good sign for the game.
That is a little unsettling. I hope those review scores are more telling of it being just another quality game being passed up. It happens on the Wii a lot.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:18 am

Streex wrote:
Triz wrote:
That is a little unsettling. I hope those review scores are more telling of it being just another quality game being passed up. It happens on the Wii a lot.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 am

Many great games get passed up on the Wii and DS. In fact the scores of the Wii titles have slowly increased and are now on par with the other consoles average review scores. So what if a game sells 8,000 copies that scored a 9.2. I'm picking it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II   Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
Page 1 of 1