Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Time to pull out the crystal ball Vote_lcap2100%Time to pull out the crystal ball Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Time to pull out the crystal ball Vote_lcap20%Time to pull out the crystal ball Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Time to pull out the crystal ball Vote_lcap20%Time to pull out the crystal ball Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Time to pull out the crystal ball Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Time to pull out the crystal ball Vote_lcap2Time to pull out the crystal ball I_voting_barTime to pull out the crystal ball Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Time to pull out the crystal ball Vote_lcap2Time to pull out the crystal ball I_voting_barTime to pull out the crystal ball Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Time to pull out the crystal ball

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2010 3:09 am

Time to pull out the crystal ball Shapeimage_5-8

Read this article I posted and tell us your thoughts on what's to come in the second half of 2010.
TIME TO PULL OUT THE CRYSTAL BALL
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2010 7:22 am

Great article! I'm especially with you on Sony and M$'s motion projects, launch titles will reek of ass.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2010 11:12 am

I've heard many times that the motion control on Wii feels tacked on and just a gimmick. I highly doubt these developers are suddenly masters of motion control and will have it down perfectly for Natal and Move.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2010 11:46 am

If Natal and Move come out @ the price points I keep seeing rumored they will fail miserably. Not that I care I want them to fail. Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Chasing after the Wii crowd is the stupidest business move you can make.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2010 1:21 pm

I don't understand your logic behind that statement. Here's how to fix it:

"Chasing after the Wii crowd NOW is the stupidest business move you can make."

The "crowd" you refer to is most definitely the best crowd to cater to, business-wise (to hell with integrity!). The aforementioned crowd is most willing to shell out the most money for the lousiest product. This makes feeding them shovelware easy, and as long as they toss in a few "hardcore" titles every now and then, they keep most of both parties happy.

M$ and SONY saw that move, and want to take that cash. Problem is, they want a hell of a lot more money for less of an innovation. No one is gonna buy this crap.

They came in too late to the party. Wii has already soaked up most of their casual money, made new fans of their franchises, kept most of the fans of their franchises from previous consoles, and are opening up age boundaries like never before.

I don't see the bad business move, are you referring to the Wii's saturation point?
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2010 1:45 pm

The Wii crowd already has proven they dont spend money on gaems after the system is sold. So making a product catered to this crowd is a bad business move as you arent going to sell this item to them (because they already have motion control) and they arent going to buy software for it either. And if its really going to release Natal at $149 (even more for the MOVE setup if you want all the pieces) whats going to make people pick it up instead of a Wii? Hell the arcade xbox with Natal is rumored to be $299. So much fail. I cant wait to see E3 this year so I can laugh at MS and Sony.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 pm

How have they proven that? I see game sales and Nintendo is selling in the top, usually 3-5 Wii games (Kart, Fit, Sports, Mario, Just Dance). Slowed a bit but not enough to call it a bad business move IMO. Plus DS games, too.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2010 4:44 pm

game attach ratio for the wii is turrible compared to system sales.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2010/05/15/ps3_game_attach_rate_closes_in_on_xbox_360_s

E3 2010 year of the Flailure.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Fri May 28, 2010 12:32 am

I'm not going to say those attach numbers are false, but they are from...PLAYSTATION UNIVERSITY!

According to PRESTIGIOUS WII COLLEGE, the attach rate for Wii is at the top! I'm kidding...

Those numbers are probably correct regardless of where they are coming from but since the Wii does have such a large base, Wii games still have the best chance to be successful and the reason why we see Wii and DS games usually consume half of the top ten every month.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1Fri May 28, 2010 7:19 am

You made it sound like Nintendo is lagging far behind. You over exaggerate greatly. 8.1 for M$ vs. 7.1 for Wii. That's 1 million difference. Not really that big a difference, IMO.

PS2 beats them all, so in your opinion should SONY ditch the ps3 and focus on ps2 still since that game ratio is 10.1? Seriously these numbers mean nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to pull out the crystal ball   Time to pull out the crystal ball Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Time to pull out the crystal ball
Page 1 of 1