Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Playstation Move Vote_lcap2100%Playstation Move Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Playstation Move Vote_lcap20%Playstation Move Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Playstation Move Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Playstation Move Vote_lcap2Playstation Move I_voting_barPlaystation Move Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Playstation Move Vote_lcap2Playstation Move I_voting_barPlaystation Move Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Playstation Move

Go down 
+2
Streex
Triz
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:40 am

I bought move (even though I hate waggle control.). I'm impressed. Its definitely an improvement over the Wii. The way it can accurately do 1:1 motion in a 3d field is amazing. The sports game that comes with it is actually fun. Ping pong and gladiator are the stand outs. I downloaded a ton of demos and the stand out for me was tumbler. Really amazing to build towers in a 3d medium. Am I sold? Not completey, but it's definitely a step up from the Wii. I picked up the eyepet game for my 4 year olds birthday but can't give you a review until she opens it next week.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:02 am

Your review sounds much more pleasing than the round up X-Play gave. They said the sports game lacked personality, you had to be in a certain spot in front of your TV and it didn't work properly, not quite picking up all the motions. Most of the games they've reviewed for it have gotten between a 1 and 3 stars. I haven't tried it yet. Do you know if there are any kiosks at any stores that let you try out Move?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 am

Im sure best buy will have it on display along with kinect at some point. You do need to be in the middle of the tv but you can move around as long as your within the camera view. thats the caveat of 3d control.
Back to top Go down
Spliffy
Super Mario
Super Mario

Number of posts : 15
Coins : 23

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Or Streex buy an fing Playstation
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 am

My birthday passed and I didn't get a gift from you Spliffy. That's why I don't have a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Played some Move today. I'm impressed. I hate to say this but Sports Champions is better than Wii Sports Resort. As far as functionality with the controller it's about on par with the Wiimote w/Wii MotionPlus.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:29 pm

lol @ on par...its a superior controller no matter how you slice it. I know it pains you to say it Streex but its the truth.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:50 am

From what was on display at Best Buy it didn't feel or do anything better. Maybe the software didn't show off the capabilities it has over Wii MotionPlus. The game I played was Sports Champions. Which game(s) show off what Move can do above and beyond the Wii? I also feel Sony still needs a killer unique app to really pick Move off the ground. Sports Champions is a solid title but we've been doing that since 2006.

I have no problems saying the Move is a great motion controller. It just feels like we've all been doing this for 4 years already. I'm hoping they bring some games to Move that can't be experienced on Wii. It will be necessary if they want it to be a successful product.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Tumble really shows off what the controller can do. Funny that its a $10 download title. They Eye pet game is pretty tight, but thats more about the camera augmented reality than the move controller.

Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Not worth the extra $$$ I'd have to shell out just to play, as Streex said, games I've been waggling through for 4/5 years already. The movement did feel superior to WiiMotion Plus, but not something so different that I'd wanna go out and blow the $$$ for the set-up. I have never been uber-impressed with motion control to begin with, its a fad I hope isn't as stressed in Ninty's next console offering. LOL Yeah right!

Still, for Sony fans looking for new ways to play Move delivers. It's just not as revolutionary because it took them half a decade to make something better.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:14 am

Better? Maybe, but the improvement is incremental. I'll try it some more on Tuesday with a different game.
Back to top Go down
Spliffy
Super Mario
Super Mario

Number of posts : 15
Coins : 23

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:00 pm

And of course the key word in this whole topic is BETTER. Yeah the Wii has had motion controllers from the beginning, but if they had motion controllers in 1985 the graphics would be the same, WEAK! The PS3 is just better. And Streex I know what your thinking, and I have to tell you gaming in this day and age IS about the graphics. Now that the Move is out there really is no need for the Wii, except for certain Nintendo platform titles.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Gaming is certainly not all about graphics. If that is a priority for you then by all means stick with the ps3.

I want semi-traditional or bizarre gameplay. Truth is, SONY plays it safe every time. Most games available on SONY platforms (some exceptions of course) are redundant in their production and concept. Find me a game like Little King Story (great game with no waggle) or Trauma Center on PS3, please.

I suppose its all opinion, but just because you don't care for Ninty doesn't make them any less relevant in the world of gaming.

If nothing else, without the Wii the drive to create Move would never have existed, since Sony can't come up with anything original themselves
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:10 pm

call me craqzy but Sony had the eyetoy way before the Wii, with quite a library of titles too. They were motion controlling before Nintendo ever was...
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Spliffy wrote:
And of course the key word in this whole topic is BETTER. Yeah the Wii has had motion controllers from the beginning, but if they had motion controllers in 1985 the graphics would be the same, WEAK! The PS3 is just better. And Streex I know what your thinking, and I have to tell you gaming in this day and age IS about the graphics. Now that the Move is out there really is no need for the Wii, except for certain Nintendo platform titles.

If graphics are all that matters then by all means, go pick up every game based off a movie for the PS3. The gameplay for most is garbage but hey...we love looking at those graphics!

To further my testing of Move, first I find Frisbee Golf to be better on Move. Last Tuesday tried Gladiator and it was very unresponsive and slow. Swordplay on Wii Sports Resort wins this round. Next Tuesday I'll try another Sports Champions game and see how it stacks up.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Well if you want to get technical motion controls were used for NES in Japan.

And the EyeToy was a piece of shit, man. I own one, Antigrav, Sega Allstars... I think it is ass.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Triz wrote:
call me craqzy but Sony had the eyetoy way before the Wii, with quite a library of titles too. They were motion controlling before Nintendo ever was...
And look how successful the EyeToy was. Laughing

Nintendo knows gamers still like something tangible in their hands when playing games. It Sony believed so much in the EyeToy, Move would've never came out. Even though Kinect is in more comparison to the EyeToy, it would never have been created if Nintendo didn't make motion control so popular.

And because we still like some sort of controller in our hands, it will be interesting to see how much success Kinect has.

And who really started motion control? Lest you forget a little something called the Power Glove for the NES.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Streex wrote:
Triz wrote:
And look how successful the EyeToy was. Laughing

Dang, Streex! You beat me to it. Yeah, props for being creative and trying something new like Eye Toy. All the same, didn't widen the market to make it the number one home console.

Then again, it's hard to do that when almost your entire focus has always been hardcore gamers, and I still don't think Move will do a lot to improve on that situation. It's a "Move" in the right direction, but it's just too much of an investment for a casual gamer who doesn't already own a PS3.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:57 am

I have to say that "hardcore gamers" play just as much Nintendo as they do SONY or M$. I will not buckle to this stupid division of gaming/gamers. Its about playing games, not a competition as to which ones are best! Grrrrr.....

Oh well Antilles is right Move isn't going to change a thing.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:58 am

In my trials, Wii Sports Resort just took the lead. Tried archery on Move and once again have to give the nod to Wii Sports Resort. No enhancement in controls here. It could all be done with a Wiimote. Where archery on Wii Sports Resort excells over the Move version is that it actually takes skill to win. There is no reason for the crosshairs on Move. They give you a marker on screen that shows exactly where the arrow will hit. Too easy!
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Streex wrote:
In my trials, Wii Sports Resort just took the lead. Tried archery on Move and once again have to give the nod to Wii Sports Resort. No enhancement in controls here. It could all be done with a Wiimote. Where archery on Wii Sports Resort excells over the Move version is that it actually takes skill to win. There is no reason for the crosshairs on Move. They give you a marker on screen that shows exactly where the arrow will hit. Too easy!

the two games you fault (Gladiators and Archery) are technically made to be used with two Move controllers. You wont get a real feel for them if you do not control them with the 2 controller setup.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:46 pm

This may be my problem. Unfortunately, one Move controller was stolen and the other was broken so I can no longer play it. What's wrong with people? This was always a problem with the Guitar controllers for Guitar Hero and Rock Band. This all at Best Buy. Guess I just have to buy a PS3 now.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Use 2 controllers? Good lord, that's fucked.
Back to top Go down
WildCard
Pit
Pit
WildCard

Number of posts : 115
Coins : 213

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:29 pm

move looks cool and all but i think i'll wait till the next round of consoles to get any further in to motion controls. plus i dont care for them for the most part other than how much better they make a FPS like MP3 ect. Unless of course there are a number of must have games that only work with move or that are VERY much enhanced by it. My thing is i really dont want to stand up in front of my tv and move around a lot while playing games. i like to sit and relax while i play. sept for maybe games like fishing,pool,ect. man would i like a GOOD fishing game with move or wiimote controls. great now i want to go fishing. maybe i will play some super black bass on the snes :p.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Lets play Sega Bass Fishing with the fishing rod peripheral! I have it, lets go!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playstation Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move   Playstation Move Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Playstation Move
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next