Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Vote_lcap2100%Advance Wars: Dual Strike Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Vote_lcap20%Advance Wars: Dual Strike Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Vote_lcap2Advance Wars: Dual Strike I_voting_barAdvance Wars: Dual Strike Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Advance Wars: Dual Strike Vote_lcap2Advance Wars: Dual Strike I_voting_barAdvance Wars: Dual Strike Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Advance Wars: Dual Strike   Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:12 am

Here's another game where I feel I'm in the minority because I just think it's awful. I got into the franchise when it hit the GBA and started to like it. Then I linked up with a friend and started a battle and the game never ended. No matter what either of us did, no one could get the upper hand. Maybe we were just equally matched. When I continued the solo mission I started to get real bored and lost interest, forcing myself through to the end. I kept giving the series a shot and bought Black Hole Rising and then this game, but neither did anything to improve my feelings towards it. Dual Strike took me 9 months to beat, part for difficulty but most just didn't feel the motivation. It did introduce some new combat missions that made good use of the dual screens, like having to pass a mission before the missile dropped from space to avoid being annihilated. The new neo tanks looked more like pigs. I thought they could have been a little more inventive than that. I played this game 4 player with some coworkers and the one game card battle was rediculous. It wasn't even turn based strategy. It was an all out free for all real time battle. It felt like Hungry Hungry Hippo driving around shooting every which way. After losing the first round I realized it was best to just pick a bunch of medium tanks. They ruled over anything in this mode. The big tanks were to slow and shot even slower. Once I learned this I managed to pull off a second round win, but they thought it was dumb and that was the last we played multiplayer with Dual Strike. When it comes to strategy RPG's, I think the Fire Emblem series is much better. farao The storyline grips me from the beginning and I love the feeling of 'I can't wait to get home to get through another chapter'. Judging from how Advance Wars: Dual Strike scores I know I'm on my own on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars: Dual Strike   Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:50 am

I can't say I ever beat Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I could have, but I'm a complete nut when it comes to unlocking things, so I was obsessed with getting the coveted "S" ranking and got stuck on like Mission 23 I think. I love both the Fire Emblem and Advance Wars titles but I have to go with Advance Wars being my preference.

I for one enjoyed the story, although I'll agree it's not the deepest tale ever told, and the game's design is excellent in my mind except for one minor gripe. I absolutely hate the dual strike abilities. Surprising isn't it, especially since that was one of the main focuses of the game. I just hate it when I'm kicking someone's but majorly only to find that they turn it around in one turn due the dual strike they obtained from all the damage I'm currently administering. Seems like a punishment for playing well, and one power up is more than enough.

Personally, I prefer the multi card multiplayer or the splendidly brilliant take turns and hand the DS around mode. It allows for quite a bit of flexibility and has passed many an hour away for my friends and I. I'll agree that the single card multiplayer leaves a lot to be desired though.

Streex, if you would want to give Advance Wars another try I would suggest going with Days of Ruin. I much prefer it to Dual Strike as it reminds me more of the first one on the GBA and has a good story although maybe a bit preachy. I also like the more morbid theme and the darker atmosphere of DoR. (plus no more dual strikes, yay!)
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars: Dual Strike   Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Tue May 12, 2009 12:55 am

Yeah those dual strikes kicked me a few times also. Frustrating. Days of Ruin does look better than Dual Strike like you said, I just don't know if I'm ready to jump yet. You know, I never did try out the multi card or single card pass around multiplayer games on Dual Strike. I should sit down with Cheator one day and see if that grows on me.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars: Dual Strike   Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2009 1:12 pm

I think Days of Ruin would definitely be worth your time. It's a much needed reboot of the series if I do says so myself. It just feels so much more balanced and relies more on tactics than destroying using CO powers, although CO powers do make an appearance in DoR. Plus, how can you not love the new units like the flare unit and the carrier Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars: Dual Strike   Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:20 am

Getting to try out new units in each Advance Wars game has been one of the few things I've enjoyed, as long as they look more like killing machines than barnyard animals. And if it's getting back to the basics and not relying so much on the CO Powers like you said then it is taking a turn in the right direction. I'll try this game out someday. Even when a franchise continues to underwhelm me I still go back for each new entry hoping this will be the one that redeems the series for me.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars: Dual Strike   Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Never tried any of these games... Fire Emblem was always too hard/time consuming for me. How does this stack up?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars: Dual Strike   Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 am

If you ask me, Fire Emblem is way better. I love the value they put on each character in FE where once they're gone, they're gone. Fire Emblem has a better story line too.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars: Dual Strike   Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:18 am

That was part of what I disliked about FE. There isn't even a learning curve in the one for Wii, one mistake and game over. Not fun if you ask me. Seems like FE games are for Strategy elites. lol Well that and Starcraft lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars: Dual Strike   Advance Wars: Dual Strike Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Page 1 of 1