Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Wii Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Wii Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Wii Vote_lcap2100%Wii Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Wii Vote_lcap20%Wii Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Wii Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Wii Vote_lcap2Wii I_voting_barWii Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Wii

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2009 1:02 am

I have been a Nintendo fan my whole life. My first Nintendo console was the NES and I have purchased all of Nintendo's consoles to date. There was no question for me whether I would buy a Wii or not. And so far I am happy with my decision.

Learning from the success of the DS, Nintendo had clearly defined their objective. They plan to create more innovative ways to play games that will appeal to a greater amount of people. They are not trying to take on the other consoles in graphics, sound, features. They are focusing on how games are played. This seems to be a good idea seeing how graphics have been evolving so quickly lately.Take, for example in movies. When Toy Story came out, any movie with those effects would have been a tremendous success due to the look of the movie. Nowadays, people want more, any movie can look good. But hows the story, the characters, the themes. More then just effects matter.Nintendo sees that anyone can make pretty graphics, but soon they won't matter as much. People will want something new, and graphics themselves won't cut it. The Wii so far in my experience since I got it (I got it on launch day) seems to be a success in this regard. It truly is something different. My skepticism quickly left me after I loaded up Wii sports and started playing it.

As everyone knows, the graphics are not a huge step over the current gen. But, this will always depend on the developer and game your playing. The more time with the hardware, the better they will get. In no way is Zelda Twilight Princess ugly, but I was disappointed with Red Steel.

Motion Control is the reason you buy a Wii, and it is a significant step. The control feels natural after a short time and really gives you a feeling of being in the game. I wouldn't say its for everyone, and it will not wipe out ordinary controllers. It is different, not necessarily better.

The Sound is the same as Gamecube. Only addition is the speaker in the remote, which I do think adds to the gameplay. I like hearing the you unlocked a chest noise in Zelda coming from the remote. It also is not as poor quality as others would have you believe.

Wi-Fi out of the box helps me out a lot. Since I only played one game on the GameCube online I have been thrown into online gaming thanks to the Wii. They are tons of fun and I think Nintendo is finally going places with the online service. And it's free.

3.9 out of 5
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 pm

You should also mention youve never owned another system other than a Nintendo. Razz

Ill stick to what I always say. You cant beat nintendo software and if you want to play it you need to own a nintendo system. However, if nintendo keeps putting out games like wii music and wii fit, they will quickly give me a reason not to own a nintendo system.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:34 am

I've owned an Atari 7800 and still do.

Wii Music is a great title to have fun with, especially with young families, which includes me. Wii Fit may not be the best fitness game on the market but still is a fun way to exercise.

You talk about Wii Music and Wii Fit in a negative light yet you own them. Not only that but you have more Wii games than PS3 or Xbox360 games (I know this folks because I've been to Triz's house on a secret covert operation). Admit it Triz, you're a closet Nintendo fanboy. sunny
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Streex wrote:
I've owned an Atari 7800 and still do.

Wii Music is a great title to have fun with, especially with young families, which includes me. Wii Fit may not be the best fitness game on the market but still is a fun way to exercise.

You talk about Wii Music and Wii Fit in a negative light yet you own them. Not only that but you have more Wii games than PS3 or Xbox360 games (I know this folks because I've been to Triz's house on a secret covert operation). Admit it Triz, you're a closet Nintendo fanboy. sunny

Your wrong, you saw a portion of my games not all of them. If youd like I can take you to the hidden stash. Also IF you take into account digital distribution titles I have more 360 games than any system Ive ever owned. Currently over 100 I think. And in regards to the wii fit and wii music, like I siad I buy nintendo software with the hopes it will maintain the standard I expect from them. These titles let me down which is why I make the statements I make. Besides I only paid $20 for wii music, and its strictly to get my daughter into gaming./ lol!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:17 am

Let's have a race to see who can own more games for a console. I'm sitting at about 119 Wii titles right now including the WiiWare and Virtual Console Wii Icon_rabbit . The gauntlet has been dropped! Get that credit card, it's time to go shopping!
Back to top Go down
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Number of posts : 71
Coins : 66

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:32 am

Streex wrote:
I'm sitting at about 119 Wii titles right now including the WiiWare and Virtual Console

Dude, seriously... Wii Confused
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:11 am

I'm sorry. I over calculated Wii Sleep . I wish I had 119. I just did an official count. Total retail and downloaded games on Wii comes to 95. And I still don't have platinum status on clubNintendo for next year yet. Imagine that.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:43 am

I've said it before and Ill say it again: If you would take some of the money you put toward shitty games youd have a PS3 and a 360 in your house right now too.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Keep telling yourself that. Wii Fresse You're assuming I buy garbage games. Did you ever stop to think that maybe I enjoy the games I buy? Am I supposed to like only games you like?
Back to top Go down
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:46 pm

Streex wrote:
Keep telling yourself that. Wii Fresse You're assuming I buy garbage games. Did you ever stop to think that maybe I enjoy the games I buy? Am I supposed to like only games you like?

Even 95 is too much. Wii Icon_question

There aren't 95 good games on the Wii, so you obviously do have some garbage games. And why would you want to have a contest to see who can collect the most games? Apparently you're a quantity-over-quality type of guy. REAL gamers know it should be the other way around... Wii Icon_cool

I'd rather have 10 spectacular games that will keep me engaged for years to come, instead of 100 games that I'll feel like wiping my ass with after playing them for a couple of hours... what would be the point of that... do you like how it feels to waste money? Wii Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:10 am

But there are a lot of great games on Wii! Am I missing something here? Are we all supposed to hate and love the exact same games Wii Icon_question What fun is the industry if everyone agrees with everything? How many games on Wii have you played and given a chance? Let's not forget the ones that fly under the radar like Dokapon Kingdom that many simply don't even know exist (thank you Lier X Agerate for recommending). Like I replied on the website, I am completely happy with about 80 of them. I've bought some that I thought were going to suck but got them to satiate my peripheral addiction and then others I just thought I'd like and turned out I didn't, which I'm guessing is about 15 of them. Mostly downloaded games are the ones I thought I'd like but then didn't. We've all made purchase errors in our lives. But in my opinion, there are at least 80 quality games on Wii because I have played and own them. I'm not going to push my opinion as the official word, because nobodies is, but if I can direct you to a site like gamerankings.com, they have 70 games on Wii that score 80% or higher. That is the collected opinion of many sites.
Back to top Go down
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:17 am

Streex wrote:
But there are a lot of great games on Wii!

Huh? Wii Confused

Streex wrote:

Are we all supposed to hate and love the exact same games Wii Icon_question

No, you can "love" whatever you want, but you tend to give even crappy games on the Wii a lot more understanding (or should I say you make excuses or them) just because they're on a Nintendo console. Plus, picturing you playing some of those games in just an amusing thought... I wish your wife would film you while you're playing Cooking Mama with the spatula attachment and post it on YouTube... Wii Icon_eek

Streex wrote:
How many games on Wii have you played and given a chance?

Not many, since games made for 3rd graders don't appeal to me.

Streex wrote:
We've all made purchase errors in our lives.
I know! You bought a Wii!!!

You've made a lot of purchase errors in your time... Except for that grow-a-penis gimmick you bought back in High School. And the "Farting is good for your health" bumper sticker. Now those were some great investments. Wii Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:11 am

Incognito = troll confirmed Wii Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:58 am

Streex wrote:
Incognito = troll confirmed Wii Icon_cheers

Can't you do better than that... Wii Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:07 am

I was about to ask you the same thing. A bunch of blatant anti Wii drivel isn't convincing anyone of anything. Wii Icon_lol I think there's a sony or xbox fanboy forum out there somewhere for you.
Back to top Go down
Incognito
Samus
Samus
Incognito

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:23 am

Streex wrote:
I was about to ask you the same thing. A bunch of blatant anti Wii drivel isn't convincing anyone of anything. Wii Icon_lol I think there's a sony or xbox fanboy forum out there somewhere for you.

I'm not anti-Nintendo... I'm anti-stupidity, anti-deception, anti-lies, anti-mask wearing phonies, anti-pitiful excuses, anti-denial, anti-weakness, anti-greed, anti-enabler, anti-asskissing, anti-cowardice... you know, basically anything that would fall under the category of "bullshit".

Good job trying to convince people I'm a Sony or XBox fanboy... gimme a break. Not like anyone reads these posts anyways, but anyone who would could clearly see where I stand.
Back to top Go down
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Wii Lol What the heck happened to me?! I feel like that I did the reviews from the other games! O ho man I can't believe I have not been here before and didn't notice about it. Man I really need to find a way or a double way to review something here but still I do need to put some games that belonged to their own section and yes everyone wants to see it and sometimes like it. Okay well I like Nintendo Wii the best. But their are some minor flaws for this because not only you can't save some of your games but also you can't use your memory card to put it in the other Wii which is really stupid. But what's the good is DLC stuff are awesome and Animal Crossing City Folk is my first choice to have the best DLC items there is. I don't know about the other games related to DLC but hopingly I will find something good there too. And yes finally my Dad turned it in the Nintendo and printed out the stuff that I asked and the fixing problem things.

Still I can't believe this reviews here is in this that I did not realize till now.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 am

Incognito wrote:
Streex wrote:

I'm not anti-Nintendo... I'm anti-stupidity, anti-deception, anti-lies, anti-mask wearing phonies, anti-pitiful excuses, anti-denial, anti-weakness, anti-greed, anti-enabler, anti-asskissing, anti-cowardice... you know, basically anything that would fall under the category of "bullshit".

Good job trying to convince people I'm a Sony or XBox fanboy... gimme a break. Not like anyone reads these posts anyways, but anyone who would could clearly see where I stand.

This guy is pissed at life. It is funny to see the Wii-haters go on a rampage because they can't admit to themselves that even though we are adults who play games, video games ARE FOR CHILDREN AND IMMERSION. That is precisely why I hate the 360 and PS3, they are adult "toys!" to me. They cater to realism, intensity (not always a good thing), and violence (not in all cases, mind you). Nintendo has a few games with said qualities, but all in all they are respectful, clean-humored, and imaginative in a designer's sense (and otherwise).

I'm not saying the 360/PS3 doesn't also have games like that, but certainly they cater to 20-30 year old jerks who can't grow up and realize that video games are mainly an exploratory endeavor, not a freaking way of life.

In any case, I don't want anyone here to think I'm some sort of jerk hypocrite who thinks gaming is immature, that's not the case. But video games have two categories now thanks to my age-group who can't get passed their own preferences (I have grown up, so should games! Very lousy way of thinking about the medium). These categories are Realistic Immersion (Drake's Fortune) and Fantasy Immersion (Pick a Zelda game). Some titles are both (Nintendogs for example). 2 consoles almost always take realism over fantasy. Again, said consoles also have fantasy games but certainly not enough for fans of that style to need the systems.

"Not like anyone reads these posts anyway" wow dude he was an amazing member! I'm glad he doesn't come around because, quite frankly, he's an ass.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:23 pm

lol. I'm surprised that I never commented again on this post 3 years ago. That ass you speak of is my brother. He's off in PS3 land right now and probably will never get a Wii U because... as he would put it, it's for babies.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 pm

I miss your bro in the forums. At least I can still catch him on PS3.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Yeah seems like he added a lot to the discussions. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:44 pm

He used to bring great discussion during the first 6 months of the forums existence in 2009, then everything changed. He jumped on the "Wii is for old people and toddlers" bandwagon...and we lost him. Swallowed by the bowels of Microbots and the Sony Task Force.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii   Wii Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wii
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninfest Nation :: Ninfest Nation Media :: Reviews-
Jump to: