Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Vote_lcap2100%Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Vote_lcap2Metroid: Other M - Page 2 I_voting_barMetroid: Other M - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Vote_lcap2Metroid: Other M - Page 2 I_voting_barMetroid: Other M - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Metroid: Other M

Go down 
+5
WildCard
Incognito
Lier X Agerate
Streex
Triz
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Too good is right. I'd never be able to save up for both of them in time. What kind if decision is that, I ask you? It's like asking you to decide which of your children gets to live. Horrifying!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Antilles wrote:
Too good is right. I'd never be able to save up for both of them in time. What kind if decision is that, I ask you? It's like asking you to decide which of your children gets to live. Horrifying!

ROFL Yeah this made my entrance home from work a tad lamer, not gonna lie... Sad

When the f$%^ is TBA??!?!?? lol
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Son of a ..... I can't believe this. I think you're right Triz. If these get pushed, Zelda may be next year. All for the better probably. The games must be perfect. Reggie's orders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:40 am

Yeah, I don't want any shabby excuses for games, not that they really disappoint me ever but damn it tba!!!!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:24 pm

Triz
Brings
Arguably-Bad-News
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:51 am

Epic catch Antilles. This is definitely disappointing news, but fortunately we have number of good games coming to the Wii to offset this (plus the unannounced E3 surprises). Hopefully we will still receive the trinity this year (Mario, Metroid, Zelda), but I agree that they should wait if it means a rushed product.

To throw my two cents into the earlier debate, I personally loved the Metroid Prime games. Retro did a fantastic job (one of the reasons why I can not wait for them to announce their next game). While it does have some shooter components and it is in the first person, I think that considering it a first person shooter is a bit much. Too much emphasis on exploration and the combat honestly feels substantially different (with all the dodging, autolock, and strategy involved like scanning and shooting specific parts).
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:21 am

I haven't chimed in yet. I'm considering the Metroid Prime games FPS. It's in first person, and you shoot. The other elements of the game that you guys brought up only make it a FPS of a different cloth. It's expanding the definition of what an FPS can be. Much like Portal. By adding new elements to what a FPS can have the genre becomes more robust. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes had a multiplayer mode that I believe more of us could agree on being a more traditional FPS experience. With all the exploration that goes along with it maybe we could consider the Prime games to be FPS adventures.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Not my catch, Lier X, was Triz.

I still can't agree on the FPS thing, Streex. That's like calling Zelda an RPG because there's Role-Playing and it's a game. (And with that, on come the ones telling me Zelda is, in fact, an RPG.) At any rate, MP2's multiplayer was slightly more FPS-esque, but really, it has as much in common with Billy Hatcher's miltiplayer as a standard FPS multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:15 am

Well aren't I observant. Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_razz Thanks for correcting me Antilles.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:27 am

Antilles wrote:
Not my catch, Lier X, was Triz.

I still can't agree on the FPS thing, Streex. That's like calling Zelda an RPG because there's Role-Playing and it's a game. (And with that, on come the ones telling me Zelda is, in fact, an RPG.) At any rate, MP2's multiplayer was slightly more FPS-esque, but really, it has as much in common with Billy Hatcher's miltiplayer as a standard FPS multiplayer.
Because games are bleeding over genres, we get labels like rpg adventure, but in Zelda's case, if you must have that RPG label, I'd say Adventure rpg.

my head is starting to hurt...
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:29 pm

God damn this game sucks, I cant stand it. So many design decisions I think were poorly chosen. Nintendo should not have let this game be made, its tainting the Metoid name. Im selling my copy back as soon as I can.

My newest complaint cant move anywhere have to "scan" the correct item to advance the cutscene? 4 dudes in front of me lookign at a dead soldier. Sat there for 15 minutes trying to find the right thing to scan. Only thing I picked up were the damn alive soldiers...so much nerd rage in me over this game.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:33 am

Welllll.... NP did only give it an 8.5. That means it sucks- for a Nintendo game.
Back to top Go down
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Quote :
Welllll.... NP did only give it an 8.5. That means it sucks- for a Nintendo game.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! It technically doesn't sucks! Your thinkin of the score of 7 because that's were I would think that it would suck bad.

Well anyway we finally have Metroid Other M. The graphics were beautiful, the gameplay is awesome, the story is a little mess, and the enemies are plain wicked! Oh and the plot make sense.

And the good thing is that I got this, registered it, and gotten 10 more extra coins by 9-30-10. But I still have a long way to go. What a Face

[Edit] I might have 2 complaints here. 1. Samus voice should be a little deeper and not screaming for an idiot reason and 2. Other people are a$$holes by not letting her use other weapons that she has and an armor upgrade until you get permission by the chief. Pi$$es me off!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:53 pm

LOL. Silly furniture. I didn't say it sucks. I just said a score that low means it sucks- FOR A NINTENDO GAME. Nintendo flagship titles try to stick to 9.0 or above.*

(*Before anyone starts spouting useless things like "facts," I know I'm exaggerating a little.)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid: Other M   Metroid: Other M - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Metroid: Other M
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2