Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Dokapon Kingdom Vote_lcap2100%Dokapon Kingdom Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Dokapon Kingdom Vote_lcap20%Dokapon Kingdom Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Dokapon Kingdom Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Dokapon Kingdom Vote_lcap2Dokapon Kingdom I_voting_barDokapon Kingdom Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Dokapon Kingdom Vote_lcap2Dokapon Kingdom I_voting_barDokapon Kingdom Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Dokapon Kingdom

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:37 pm

It's a shame this wonderful title has been so overlooked by the Wii community. It was released for the Wii and PS2, so you can expect it not to be pushing any boundaries in both the graphics and sound. While it's not a technical showcase for the system, nor really a great single player game, if you can get together a second, third or best yet a fourth person who enjoy games and you'll have a blast of a time. Just remember that when you're picking friends to play with, the more bloodthirsty they are the better. Makes it more fun Twisted Evil .

The game itself is like if they took Mario Party, took out all the minigames, and threw in an RPG for good measure. You take turns moving on a map, fighting monsters, leveling up, getting better gear, and trying to accumulate more wealth than your friends. Wait... did I say friends? I meant enemies, as the game itself is made for you to be able to do an assortment of things to them just out of spite if that's what motivates you. That doesn't come any clearer than when someone gains the darkling powers for two weeks of utter chaos.

The battle system works like rock, paper, scissors so sometimes luck is your greatest ally, although, experienced players will definitely show more finesse in how they use their turns and approach certain obstacles. As long as you have a couple of friends to spend time with and a preferrably good chunk of time (games can take nearly an entire real life day to conclude), there is nary a more enjoyable way to waste an afternoon. Like I warned earlier, though, this isn't for solo players as the computer can be unruly and extremely "lucky". Also, it should be mentioned this is an offline only game, but honestly taking out that aspect of the game removes over half the fun anyway. Hope some of you check out this gem.

Last edited by Lier X Agerate on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:25 am

I really overlooked this title. It's already a faint memory that it ever came out. Now I'm going to put it on my Gamefly Q. alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:40 am

Just make sure you get some buddies over when you play it. Multiplayer is the only way to go. Cool
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:50 am

Played some of this game tonight. I'm already addicted. Got the wife addicted also. This might be her favorite game on the Wii even more than Opoona. I'm doing terrible but we were passing the hours away like minutes. I'm currently last place and she's in second. We put two computer players in there and yes, they get lucky too much. I picked a magician and she's a thief. I see what you mean about it being a Mario Party/RPG hyprid. It works very well.

I'm in last because just before we turned it off for the night I finally took control of one town. I am starting to make progress now that I have a good feel of the gameplay. I love all the zany characters Atlus threw in too when you land on any given space. So many random characters pop up and say weird things and help or hinder you. Haven't experienced the darkling powers yet, just made it to Chapter 2.

I completely agree that this is something you can't miss. If you haven't played it yet and you like Mario Party or RPG's, you don't know what you're missing.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:37 pm

I've heard both ends of the spectrum on this. Some say terrible, others say amazing. And yes, some have pointed out that the terrible reviews were likely ones who only played single player. On the other hand, given how much trouble I have getting together a coherent group to play Four Swords or Crystal Chronicles, I can't see being able to do much with this one. I assume it at least lets you save your games?
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:36 am

Of course it does. It actually auto saves. I can't remember if I mentioned it previously, but players can actually let the computer take over temporarily just in case one person wants to leave, but the others want to continue on.

I honestly can not even imagine playing this game with no friends. It would remove all the fun out of it, especially with the way the computer sometimes get "lucky." If you can get four avid gamers together, though, I can't think of a better way to spend a day (save for maybe Super Smash Brothers Brawl).
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Streex, can I borrow your copy? I'm...uhh... short on funds at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:28 am

I only rented it. But it is worth purchasing.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 9:53 am

This is really worth purchasing? My wife is currently on Little King's Story (highly recommended also!) and I'm searching for a title to get her next. She and Link plays lots of Mario Party 8, would this be a good successor, possibly one I would actually play (I'm a Party-hater).
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 7:35 pm

Heh, as I understand it, hating Mario Party does not mean you won't like this game. Then again, if you hate Mario Party because you hate anything related to board games, then yes, you'll probably hate this.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 8:47 pm

The only thing that this game has in common with Mario Party that this is on a game board. Even that is different because if you play the full map it is huge. As far as being worth the purchase, you have to ask yourself how often you can get 3 or more people together. If that answer is a yes and you don't mind RPG's then a big yes. Otherwise probably not. Two players are okay, but it gets really fun with 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Well, by comparing it to Mario Party I meant is it something mindless and fun or something strategic and fun? OR Can my 2 and a half year old play this?
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 am

It's more strategic and fun than mindless and fun, so I don't think its the thing for a two and a half year old to play. They would likely get bored with it as it really is like an RPG, but with slightly simpler rules. Plus, I am not sure how two year olds would respond to the backstabbing nature of the game. It might end in a conflict so probably not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 3:03 am

Lier X Agerate said it, not for the young gamer. Put Link to bed and I have a feeling you and the wife will get addicted. Just don't allow the AI to play with you. They cheat. Although it does help you learn the game more watching the moves they make.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 9:10 am

Damn, this or Echoes of Time....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dokapon Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dokapon Kingdom   Dokapon Kingdom Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dokapon Kingdom
Page 1 of 1