Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_lcap2100%Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_lcap20%Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_lcap20%Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_lcap2Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! I_voting_barWii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_lcap2Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! I_voting_barWii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:26 am

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/wii-u-sales-data-some-good/783765

Quote :
That's 88% Wii, 346% PS3, 192% X360. Pretty decent.

It's not earth-shattering, but 88% of Wii over the same time period is nothing to sneeze at. Also, some idiots see high supply as meaning lower demand. This is why Sony and M$ like to create artificial shortages- their primary demographic is idiots, and idiots know that shortages mean it's a great system. Anyway, the Wii-U shipped more units than the Wii did, so there's plenty for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Sales below the others in europe. meh, they'll get it eventually. The Wii U looking better than the PS3 and 360 during the launch period in Japan and US markets is promising news.

I laugh because there was so much news earlier of how bad the 3DS is doing and it's still outselling the DS pace! They tried to twist and turn the facts, but the fact is, you can't get water from a rock and Nintendo is in a comfortable spot right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:42 am

Another thing to note is the type of atmosphere surrounding our economy. When the DS and Wii hit... were we in a seriously crippling recession? Not really even close. The fact that the numbers are even EQUAL let alone higher is impressive... to me.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:58 am

Streex wrote:
They tried to twist and turn the facts, but the fact is, you can't get water from a rock and Nintendo is in a comfortable spot right now.

I don't know about comfortable- they're still selling those at a loss. And we have yet to see what will happen if/when M$ or $ony announce a launch at the end of this year of their own tablet-based, motion-controlled monstrosities packed with 10x the horsepower. Still, people balked at a $350 Nintendo console, (but not a $600 Sony one last generation?) and we'll just see if they can sell a $1,000 machine in this economy...
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Oh, they balked at a $600 Sony console last time. How quickly you forget lol.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:56 pm

I figured you'd call me on that. I didn't forget. I might have exaggerated a little. Despite that, Sony's doing fine. People bought them anyway, 'cause the PS2 and PS1 were the bestest, awesomest, graphamiciest things evar!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 pm

The Wii U is selling at a loss but according to Reggie, if the consumer buys just one Nintendo game with it they're at profit. Not sure what the situation is with the 3DS right now though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm

The way I see the Playstation situation, I see them repeating the same things they've always done- the extremely powerful, tough to dev for multimedia machine.

Whether the pricetag is more or less than $600 seems irrelevant to me anymore. I doubt it would be higher than that, but it could very well be that much if this next machine is as big a leap as ps2 was to ps3.

The Vita proved they didn't "learn" from their PS3 "mistake". I use the " because I like Sony machines, I just find that most 3rd party support is too... generic if you will and the first/second party stuff seems underwhelming most often. Sony is my RPG go-to though. Always treated me right.

Oh and arcade ports too. Sony gets points from me for X-men and Simpsons coin-op. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 am

RPGs have never been better than they were on SNES. Also, DS and 3DS are outstanding with RPGs.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:10 am

3DS is NOT outstanding in the RPG dept. and I'd also like to note that they are both portables. If you want home console RPGs Sony is, and always will be, the console to go to.

Back to the 3DS statement: it has some good rpgs but I'm sorry, the quantity of quality rpgs is lacking. Granted, still new. Time will tell. As for DS rpgs, I was not a DS fan, really, so for me Sony still wins.

Also SNES rpgs do win but my game room is not up so for now PS3 fills the niche better than my other machines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!   Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wii U Sales Doing Well - 3DS, too!
Page 1 of 1