Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_lcap2100%Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_lcap20%Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_lcap20%Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_lcap2Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. I_voting_barUsed game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_lcap2Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. I_voting_barUsed game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it.   Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2010 4:01 am

Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Shapeimage_5-7

(bringing this topic here since it's been hot on facebook and the website)

We've all heard the sad stories developers give us on why they aren't making enough money. On one point I agree 100%. Piracy is bad. To what extent that is hurting their wallets I'm not sure, but they are also placing the blame on used game sales. Now, GameStop is robbing everyone blind by selling used games at much higher prices than what they are getting them for, but the act of selling and buying used games has been around a long time. Some devs would like to put an end to stores that sell used games but if that became reality, what's next? That's right. You will no longer be able to sell your used games on eBay or any other way for that matter because you would be breaking the law. Once you buy, you're stuck with it.

It wouldn't just stop there. Other industries would catch wind of illegal used sales and suddenly you won't be able to buy used CD's, movies, cars...you name it. Everything has to be bought new and at full retail price. The thing here is that used sales have been around since new sales and the only way to keep games in consumer's homes is making them awesome. No cutting corners or rushing dev times. Put out a product no one would want to part with. It's worked for Nintendo and the 'long tails' their games have.

We respect all the hard work developers put into these titles, just don't go after used game sales. For some of us, that's the only way we can afford to play the games you make. Focus on making great games and piracy, but leave our used game sales alone.

Of course...all this could matter not in the future if we go 100% digital. We would no longer truly own anything we download.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Shortie861
Super Mario
Super Mario
Shortie861

Number of posts : 48
Coins : 81

PostSubject: Re: Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it.   Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it. Icon_minitime1Sun May 23, 2010 8:05 am

Thats crazy! I am someone whom does exactly this once I have finished a game or no longer want it I trade it in for a newer game. Ok so fair enough I see where they are coming from when people buy pre-owned games as the game shops get that money but what about all the people who trade in games they no longer want for extra cash to a brand new game they are then getting profits so is there any real problem?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chat-addicts.com

Used game sales hurting the industry? I'm not buying it.
Page 1 of 1