Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_lcap2100%Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_lcap20%Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_lcap20%Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_lcap2Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision I_voting_barIwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_lcap2Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision I_voting_barIwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision   Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Sounds like we got a ton of indie dev games coming to Wii U. Most I've seen look pretty good and aren't just quick mobile-styled games. The following comes from Iwata when asked about Wii U third party support and the stigma that the Wii U is a low-powered system.

- Nintendo's initiative was to "expand the range of software developers"
- says they've already received inquiries from several hundred new developer
- these requests came in after their GDC panel on Nintendo Web Framework
- teams working on this sort of software are quite small
- this allows for quick updates in a short time-span
- with Unity support, hundreds of thousands of developers for Unity exist
- Iwata knows that there are some third parties that are actively supporting Wii U, while others aren't even giving it a second glance
- Iwata aims to fix this by making third parties not currently supporting Wii U regret that decision once third parties that do support it start to produce hits
- Nintendo is working to help create these results this Summer and onward

Bold words Iwata. Success and third-party software on Nintendo platforms is not very common. Sometimes the blame lands with the developer that throws a weak version our way, we don't buy it and then they say "see! our games don't sell on Nintendo!" We're not stupid. Give the Nintendo version the same kind of attention so it doesn't suck and maybe it will have a chance of doing well. I think EA does this a lot.

I hope Iwata knows what he's saying, but that would be awesome if it became true. Those are some bold words any way you slice it. In the end though there are some companies that have a revolving door of different reasons not to develop for Nintendo consoles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision   Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Well I think he knows what he's saying, whether it will come true or not... thats a different story. I suppose I should care, but I don't. Third party devs have never really impressed me. Which is why I'm a Nintendo fan mostly.

What is Unity?
And how did he address the systems "low-power"?

Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision   Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:58 am

Unity is an engine a lot of indie devs use because of it's combination of easy to use and quick to create, all while looking really stunning. Apparently there are many small devs out there who use it and by making the Wii U compatible with this engine, many of these devs can bring over or create new titles and feel comfortable doing so and feel right at home.

Iwata didn't really address the low-power part of the question outside of saying he is aware of it and feels that Nintendo needs to work on remedying such misunderstandings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision   Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 am

I honestly don't care about its "low power." Devs use that as a cop out and a crutch for not being innovative enough to match Nintendo's abilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision   Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Iwata wants uninterested devs to regret decision
Page 1 of 1