Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Monster Hunter Tri Vote_lcap2100%Monster Hunter Tri Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Monster Hunter Tri Vote_lcap20%Monster Hunter Tri Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Monster Hunter Tri Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Monster Hunter Tri Vote_lcap2Monster Hunter Tri I_voting_barMonster Hunter Tri Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Monster Hunter Tri Vote_lcap2Monster Hunter Tri I_voting_barMonster Hunter Tri Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Monster Hunter Tri

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Okay, I'm sold. I am SOLD. Since I got married nearly nine years ago, my game buying has steadily declined, as has my play time. I was sold on The Conduit, until I learned that it had no local multiplayer. (Big mistake in my book. Online is great, but not at the expense of playing with friends at my house- especially my wife.)

Who else is in for a copy?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Already pre-ordered and have the demo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Demo? Man, I need to pay attention. EBGames/Gamestop has a deal where you get the controller + 500 wii points and the game for $55. (Basically free controller with game purchase.) Are there any better deals out there?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 pm

That's the best deal I've seen. That's where I preordered (GameStop). You get to pick up a demo of the game when you preorder, but only while supplies last so get down there fast!
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 pm

I have it preordered and have the demo but havent put it in yet.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:32 am

I played the PSP in the series and it bored the hell out of me. I only played for like 3 hours, but I find that there is little motivation for me to keep playing.

I own the game, literally, and don't know what the objective is other than to fight stupid big monsters with friends and build new weapons.

If there was a story that mattered, or some sort of... goal.. I dunno, this would seem cool but as it is I am guessing it will be exactly the same as its predecessors. Which interests me only slightly more than a dentist appointment.

And for anyone who says "you only played for 3 hours" I say if a game doesn't have me by the first hour I am done with it. Why I never finished Okami. The intro is literally like 25 minutes of dialogue (stupid, battered english at times!) and no gameplay. I bought it, put it in, now it sits on my shelf because it was such a stinker for the first 25 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:14 pm

ZeldAnTales, what you say is actually a concern of mine. It sounds somewhat like World of Warcraft boiled down to the boss fights + Weapon/Armor upgrade grind. (Plus the cooking and such.)

I liked WoW, but it ended up just taking too much of my limited time away from other games. Still, I'm hoping this game is more than that. If the boss fights are actually fun, it may be worth it.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 am

I just got the demo from Gamestop (I hate going there) and I thought the controls were stiffer than in previous iterations. The character select was kinda lame, as were the character designs. The whole thing was sluggish but this is a demo and it even has a disclaimer: WARNING! This demo sucks. No it says it has some bugs, but IMO not worth $50 of my dollars.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:59 am

can you play the demo with a classic controller or only the wiimote and nunchuck?
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Only the wiimote. Thought you had the demo, Triz? Oh, haven't opened it yet right?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Actually you have your choice between Wiimote/Nunchuk and Classic Controller. The instructions that come with it only show you the Wiimote/Nunchuk controls though. I beat the first of the two monsters in the demo so far. I'm going to like this game. Of course there's more to it than what is available here, but I'm going to like improving my game and using various dudes to beat the monsters. What sucks is the loading screen that pops up every time you go to a different area, and the areas aren't that big. I'd say it's going to be worth $50. If done right, the online is going to be a huge selling point. And WiiSpeak compatible!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Ah, I figured since they didn't show the classic it wasn't usable at this point. Yeah, that map loading BS has got to go, it is uncool. The motion controls are craptastic, as expected.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:54 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Ah, I figured since they didn't show the classic it wasn't usable at this point. Yeah, that map loading BS has got to go, it is uncool. The motion controls are craptastic, as expected.

this was my assumption, i tore off the plastic and there was no mention of the classic controller on that sheet. at that moment i lost my interest to put it in cause I dont want to waggle the game Monster Hunter Tri Icon_razz

Will get back to checking it out at some point now, in between Battlefield bc2 and Final Fantasy 13.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Ef Monster Hunter you got 13 dawg. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Hmmmm...... so should I get it or not.... now I'm having doubts. You people make me doubt!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Get it. Don't make me play this game online with a bunch of strangers...

...strangers always lure me into their vans with candy...
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:48 am

lulz I drive a rape van (Econoline 350 extended back with NO windows). Being in a band is cool. :3
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:46 am

Monster Hunter Tri Affraid
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Is this game gonna rape my free time like WoW did?
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 am

*Sigh*

I may not be getting this. We had to get a new TV because the old one is dying. Just not in the budget. I've been looking around and it doesn't look like you can do split screen online. That's the most important feature for the wife and I playing it together with our friends who are getting it. Without that, I can't justify the cost as something we can do together.

If anyone can prove this has online split-screen let me know.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Firstly, the game does have both local and online multiplayer, but the local is a little different. In the local multiplayer, two people can either bring the characters they trained in single player (or online) or pre-made characters together in order to fight a monster in an arena setting. It's probably not what most of you were wanting, but it is something to do at least.

On the other hand, the single player and online multiplayer allow for game play much more similar to that of a personal favorite, Phantasy Star Online. Playing online also allows for up to four people to venture out together with one person playing per console.

Personally, this game is right up my alley. I am personally a collection freak, so games where there is rare loot to be had are one of my weaknesses. I also like how strategic a player must be in order to succeed in the hunt. I have the demo (just picked up the game with the classic controller and points card), but I will have to wait a few weeks in order to play it. It's my birthday present from my parents. (Surprise! Monster Hunter Tri Icon_razz ) I can understand those worried about the lack of motivation due to a minimalistic story, but this game is aimed at another audience. An audience like myself who always has the urge to explore new lands and loot rare stuff. It also doesn't hurt that I don't mind steep difficulty curves. (I really liked Knights in the Knightmare but more on that later) Anyways, I say give it a try (a rent at least) and see if it fits you. Just don't go in expecting an easy hand holding experience.

On a side note, the 500 Wii points card will be responsibly used to help me purchase Megaman 10. Monster Hunter Tri Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:32 am

I was upset today. Went in to pick it up at GameStop because I preordered and they said I didn't preorder the bundle. Well no one told me that! I walked out. I'll buy it soon, maybe in a week or two, but I want the bundle. They had no more bundles available.

This game will use some careful monster hunting strategy if the demo I played is any indication. New to the series I was quickly put in my place when I tried to "run and gun" my way to victory. Oh no, these monsters are too smart for that type of play.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 am

I just can't get over the slow character movement. Whose idea was it to put shitty Resident Evil controls in a hunting game?

And let's be real, that's all this is is freaking Cabella's with better production values and collector's quests. ROFL

No, I'm kidding. Game isn't for me though.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Heh, good thing you did not play the first few Monster Hunter games ZeldAnTales. From what I hear the controls (including both camera and movement) have been improved upon making this one the most accessible yet. I unfortunately haven't been able to try the first two as I have never owned a PS2 or a PSP. Also, I think Resident Evil might be a bit of an exageration. Monster Hunter Tri Icon_lol One thing I noticed is that it is a necessity to sheath your weapons at times and can actually save you from damage more than if you did not. Speeds up movement quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:33 pm

I did find the controls to be sluggish. Actually, I found Resident Evil controls to be more accessible, since RE didn't RE didn't have as much going on at once and didn't require the camera acrobatics.

That's not to say I don't like the game. It's very good. The controls just take a lot of getting used to if you don't want to be whiffing 9 out of 10 swings. (Yes, I killed both demo bosses, so I got the controls down well enough to accomplish that.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monster Hunter Tri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri   Monster Hunter Tri Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Tri
Page 1 of 1