Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
monster hunter? Vote_lcap2100%monster hunter? Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
monster hunter? Vote_lcap20%monster hunter? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
monster hunter? Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
monster hunter? Vote_lcap2monster hunter? I_voting_barmonster hunter? Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
monster hunter? Vote_lcap2monster hunter? I_voting_barmonster hunter? Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

monster hunter?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WildCard
Pit
Pit
WildCard

Number of posts : 115
Coins : 213

monster hunter? Empty
PostSubject: monster hunter?   monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:44 am

Soon as some one gets this game and puts a few hours in please post impressions.

The game sounds great but i played the demo i got on disk from GS and i found it insainly hard. i had to kill a monster but there was a time limit and every time i tried to kill the monster "which was gaurded by smaller monsters i was forced to retreat to regain health, by the time i cought back up with it it seemed its health had recoverd as well and i always ran out of time. Also i found the controls very wonkie. it was hard to keep the cammara were i needed it to be and i could not find a lock on feature. what would happen is the beast would charge and by the time i got the camra turned around ect it was charges again ect. also i had a lot of trouble lineing up my shots. Any way let me know your impressions.
do all the hunts have a time limit? can it be played SP with out online friends?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

monster hunter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: monster hunter?   monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:04 am

I had those same camera issues with the demo. But the AI is so organic and overall it was impressive, even for a demo.

Alas I shouldn't have posted since I don't have it yet. Maybe within 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

monster hunter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: monster hunter?   monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Fri May 07, 2010 2:53 pm

WildCard wrote:
Soon as some one gets this game and puts a few hours in please post impressions.

The game sounds great but i played the demo i got on disk from GS and i found it insainly hard. i had to kill a monster but there was a time limit and every time i tried to kill the monster "which was gaurded by smaller monsters i was forced to retreat to regain health, by the time i cought back up with it it seemed its health had recoverd as well and i always ran out of time. Also i found the controls very wonkie. it was hard to keep the cammara were i needed it to be and i could not find a lock on feature. what would happen is the beast would charge and by the time i got the camra turned around ect it was charges again ect. also i had a lot of trouble lineing up my shots. Any way let me know your impressions.
do all the hunts have a time limit? can it be played SP with out online friends?

Friend bought it, says everything you said here. Online is better, and the lobby is far superior to any other Wii titles, not relying so heavily on friend code nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Lier X Agerate
Pit
Pit
Lier X Agerate

Number of posts : 129
Location : Zombies and ghosts are on the loose here. Welcome to Threed.
Coins : 194

monster hunter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: monster hunter?   monster hunter? Icon_minitime1Fri May 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Really, I haven't had the same control issues you guys had. Probably because I am so experienced with Phantasy Star Online which feels very similar sans the lock on (use the classic controller or classic controller pro, it makes a world of difference). Pressing the shoulder button to center the camera feels like second nature to me. Plus, if you are really having that hard a time keeping up with the beastie, its always an option to use a paintball or two. This makes him pop up on the little mini map as a pink dot.

Not having a lock on was a little disorienting at first, but with a little practice I was becoming pretty accurate with my swings. While many are turned off by the delay present with each attack (unless you use a sword and shield or dual sword setup) I think it makes each weapon feel like it actually has weight to it. As others have said, you're swinging a weapon often far bigger than yourself; it's not going to swing around like a butter knife.

I myself have been having a blast, especially since I have discovered my favorite weapon so far, the hammer (I started out with the lance and used it for a couple hours, but it just didn't feel natural). Each person will have different tastes for what they prefer. I plan to still try some other weapons once I have time. The game is part resource gathering, part monster fighting, part item management. It probably helps that I enjoy MMOs like EQ and WOW as this makes this game right up my alley. I already put nearly twelve hours into the game (I have only had one day to play it so far), and can't wait to put much more time into it.

I believe the problem is when people go in expecting a God of War like experience where the game makes you feel like the bad ***. Someone on another message board said it best when they said that monster hunter is not about making the monster hunter feel like a bad ***. The point of the game is that the monster is the bad *** and you are merely its dinner unless you use your one advantage, intelligence. That and possibly teamwork if you have an online setup. Learn to play by the rules of game rather than fighting them because this game will not hold your hand (although it does more than any previous monster hunter title from what I hear).

Finally, as silly as this sounds, don't use the demo as a determinant for whether you like the game. It is a poor example of the full title. I was on the ropes after I experienced the demo. I am so glad I took the plunge though. So fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

monster hunter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: monster hunter?   monster hunter? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

monster hunter?
Page 1 of 1