Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
How do you rate games? Vote_lcap2100%How do you rate games? Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
How do you rate games? Vote_lcap20%How do you rate games? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
How do you rate games? Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
How do you rate games? Vote_lcap2How do you rate games? I_voting_barHow do you rate games? Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
How do you rate games? Vote_lcap2How do you rate games? I_voting_barHow do you rate games? Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

How do you rate games?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: How do you rate games?   How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:22 pm

I felt it was necessary to pick my brain for the fine folks here when it comes to how I rate games. When you read reviews on sites, they take into consideration all aspects of a game to come up with a final score, which all makes good sense. Over the years I've had responses to my take on games ranging from "right on" to "what are you thinking" or "flawed". So what am I thinking when you don't agree with what I see?

I always look at all aspects of the game. The graphics, sound, music, controls, interface, fun factor, etc. When it comes down to scoring though there is one aspect that rises highly above all the rest. Fun factor. I've played some games that have looked and sounded great and have been a bore to play, plus I've played crappy looking and sounding games that have had me hooked for months. So in my mind to be fair to those that can't seem to make a game take advantage of the hardware but know what keeps a gamer occupied, when I put down the controller, I reflect back to how much fun I had with it and that is how I make my decision. This could be flawed, but I would feel bad to rate a game higher just because it had better graphics. This way I don't have to worry about rating games according to their platform, because a game made 20 years ago can be just as fun as a game made today.

Of course there is the other side to this, that I sometimes simply have way more fun with a game than the common gamer and vice versa. So if you think I scored a game too high or too low, I encourage feedback on how much you agree or disagree. I also think that contrasting views game to game is what makes this industry so great. To get a broad range of opinions for each game shows that we are all not one person and each of us have a different itch that needs to be scratched. So agree or disagree with me, but in the end, I am just one opinion.

What do you guys look for most when playing a game? How do you go about rating it and how often are you among popular opinion? For the times you were on the minority end of a game score, do you feel you missed something or do you rather feel others are just following the bandwagon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate games?   How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 pm

I loved the shit out of Too human even though it was raped across the board. I saw the flaws but the fun outwieghed them. But I wouldnt give it a 5 star rating because I know it doesnt deserve one.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate games?   How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:46 am

I rate games by how much I enjoy them. How polished they are, how nice they look, all are good things but to me ultimately meaningless.

I am almost never in the popular opinion, these days... :\
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate games?   How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Popular opinion and me aren't the best of friends either. How much praise did LostWinds get? Well, I didn't find it to entertaining.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate games?   How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:11 am

LostWinds... it had no direction, I never really knew where to go, and I didn't care because the story was just so blah. The controls work VERY well, they should be commended for that if nothing else.

But if you want a platformer that works a little better NyxQuest is better way to go.

Popular opinion is usually what was cool a long time ago. Take music for instance. Me being a hip in-scene musician, I know what's cool. lol Most of you simple peasants still listen to Destiny's Child and Linkin Park (sorry NF!! Razz) Just kidding, my band isn't cool, hip, or popular. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate games?   How do you rate games? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How do you rate games?
Page 1 of 1