Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Non gamers take on video games Vote_lcap2100%Non gamers take on video games Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Non gamers take on video games Vote_lcap20%Non gamers take on video games Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Non gamers take on video games Vote_lcap20%Non gamers take on video games Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Non gamers take on video games Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Non gamers take on video games Vote_lcap2Non gamers take on video games I_voting_barNon gamers take on video games Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Non gamers take on video games Vote_lcap2Non gamers take on video games I_voting_barNon gamers take on video games Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Non gamers take on video games

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Non gamers take on video games   Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:30 am

The Alan Titchmarsh Show airs in the UK and quite frankly, as an American, I am glad this filth doesn't air here. Alan and his hosts go on about how video games do nothing but promote hatred, violence and sexism with addictive, damaging effects on children. Do these people even know there is a rating system with games just like music and movies? Kids shouldn't play Mature rated games and if they are, it is not the industry to blame. These people know absolutely nothing about video games but here they are talking about them as if they do.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Non gamers take on video games   Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 am

ROFL "I know I'm the bad guy on the program but I encourage you to play video games with your children." Classic.
Back to top Go down
pastel arsenal
Super Mario
Super Mario

Number of posts : 27
Coins : 60

PostSubject: Re: Non gamers take on video games   Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:04 pm

Speak for yourself... but mario single-handedly encouraged me to dropout, do drugs, kill, steal, lie, cheat and beat my wife.

This argument comes down to what all arguments of children being exposed to violence, sex, etc. and that is parental supervision... NOT THE GAMES THEMSELVES. Grow up, and take care of your kids.

Don't blame others for your laziness. Parenthood is your responsibility, not the media.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pastelarsenal
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Non gamers take on video games   Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:58 am

You wouldn't buy your kids something without knowing what it is first, so if there are kids playing violent games then either the parents aren't taking the time to learn the rating system (which can't be that hard) or they simply don't give a rat's a**.

They also conveniently ignored the 19 out of 20 games aren't violent fact. Just didn't want to hear a shred of positivity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Non gamers take on video games   Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:11 am

My wife, who actively participates in our son's school, is often telling me what the teachers and pricipal at the school and other schools say about parental involvement, which is almost zero. Parenting is almost non-existant, and that's where the violence problem is coming from. Kids have no parents anymore. Parents want the government, schools, and media to do their jobs for them. More and more stupid people survive to adulthood and have kids who grow up to perpetuate the cycle. Darwinsim is dead!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Non gamers take on video games   Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:44 am

Well, I watch plenty of parents ignore their children, mostly with their own self interests. I think what separates me from that herd is that me and my boy have the same interests (i.e., video games, sleep, eat, defecate, repeat).

The sense of selfishness it takes to push off your bad parenting on video games is just pathetic to me. Take part, have fun WITH the kid, not after its gone to bed!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Non gamers take on video games   Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Wait- I can't have fun after they go to bed? DANGIT! Why do you think their bedtime is 7:30? Non gamers take on video games Icon_pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non gamers take on video games   Non gamers take on video games Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Non gamers take on video games
Page 1 of 1