Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
First impressions of DQ9 Vote_lcap2100%First impressions of DQ9 Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
First impressions of DQ9 Vote_lcap20%First impressions of DQ9 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
First impressions of DQ9 Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
First impressions of DQ9 Vote_lcap2First impressions of DQ9 I_voting_barFirst impressions of DQ9 Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
First impressions of DQ9 Vote_lcap2First impressions of DQ9 I_voting_barFirst impressions of DQ9 Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

First impressions of DQ9

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:36 pm

The create a character wasn't nearly as in depth as Nintendo Power made it sound, but I still had fun making my character. The graphics... Superb. The best I've seen yet, even from Squenix.

First complaint is the typical DQ complaint: intro takes forever and battling doesn't happen for about 35-45 minutes. Not long but, meh long enough to lose my interest.

Picked it back up, got a little further on my way to questing then had to work. Still only the damn tutorial battle. Fucking JRPGs.

Anyway- I'm sure the game will be fun the more I put into it, I'm wondering how the story is going to play out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:06 am

Sounds like the perfect way to get casual gamers into the mix. By the time it gets to the nitty gritty they would have invested too much time to go back. I have yet to put my copy in. Working through another RPG right now...FF 4. I seem to be playing a lot more RPG's these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:50 am

FF4 for the DS? Or GBA?

I was wondering how the DS version stacked up against the GBA version. I played 4 many moons ago, and again when the re-issue came for GBA. Basically, IMO, I'll stick with my SNES copy. Razz
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:57 am

Streex wrote:
Sounds like the perfect way to get casual gamers into the mix. By the time it gets to the nitty gritty they would have invested too much time to go back. I have yet to put my copy in. Working through another RPG right now...FF 4. I seem to be playing a lot more RPG's these days.

Why do you pay full price for a game you arent going to try immediately? Wait on the purchase and get it on sale.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:00 am

Pre-order goodies, Triz. Pre-order goodies.

Plus I enjoy paying full price to a team/company that worked hard to put out quality. Whether I play it or not matters little. Not to mention, you're ignoring a collector's aspect. Who wants a Greatest Hits copy?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:05 am

I'm playing the DS version. In the DS version of FF4 they start the characters off at different levels. Some of the items names are slightly changed, the maps have been altered a bit but it's pretty much FF4 just in 3D.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:07 am

Triz wrote:
Why do you pay full price for a game you arent going to try immediately? Wait on the purchase and get it on sale.

ZeldAnTales pretty much answered this for me. In this case I wanted the free Slime hat but had to purchase the game this month to get it. It gets mailed out later.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:57 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Pre-order goodies, Triz. Pre-order goodies.

Plus I enjoy paying full price to a team/company that worked hard to put out quality. Whether I play it or not matters little. Not to mention, you're ignoring a collector's aspect. Who wants a Greatest Hits copy?
Im not saying wait till its a greatest hit..Im saying waith a month and get it for 10 to 20 off. Its not like hes playing it now.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:50 pm

When have you ever seen a game (worth a damn that is) go down $10 in price a month after release?

Anyways, that was half my answer, the other being pre-order goodies that would have cost him more than $10-20 if he had ebayed it up later on.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:33 am

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is selling for $40 on Amazon right now...

And I Understand about the preorders but not all games have them. And Im sure with Streex' playstyles that he lets games sit for months before he gets to them. His backlog is something fierce.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:49 am

Triz wrote:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is selling for $40 on Amazon right now...

And I Understand about the preorders but not all games have them. And Im sure with Streex' playstyles that he lets games sit for months before he gets to them. His backlog is something fierce.

$40 plus shipping, pro. So you're saving like $4 big friggin deal. Unless it qualifies for free shipping bla bla bla. So we get it, you don't buy games right away, we do. Lets move on.

If you think his backlog is fierce, come on down to my neck of the woods. I don't even bother paying attention anymore.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:15 am

I can understand trying to save a few dollars, but I'd just rather get it and not worry about it. It's hard to say how a game is going to do over several months after release. Some get discounted, some don't, and some stop getting stocked so it becomes a chore to find.

Even though a lot of games I buy I don't get to right away, I love getting them close to launch while the hype is still around them. I'd feel kinda lame being a dedicated gamer waiting half a year to buy all my games.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 am

heh, Im not against buying a game on release day, I do it most of the time. But Im going to play them when I get home. Not let them sit for 3 months.

edit: and amazon has free shipping on anything over $25 and is tax free so the savings is more than $4
Back to top Go down
ShagTheTruth
Pit
Pit
ShagTheTruth

Number of posts : 114
Coins : 238

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 pm

I think the point is to this entire discussion is that DQ is a great game
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:08 pm

I just grinded my ass off for 2 hours and damn I love DQ. So far I am pooping with joy.
Back to top Go down
ShagTheTruth
Pit
Pit
ShagTheTruth

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 pm

See there you go. Any game that induces pooping is a masterpiece in my book.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Trying to figure out how to access other people's worlds... not working. :\

Oh, I mislead myself. It appears I can't just visit random people. Neutral
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 am

Double post fail:

12 hours in, totally hooked. Bought the game again for my bass player so we could quest together.

STREEX: getcher balls up and bust this game out, we need to quest like now.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:19 pm

How far are you in? I was under the impression that if a low level joins in they would be a crutch to the more experienced players, healing and reviving him because of joining a game already in progress against more difficult enemies. It would benefit me a lot more since I would be earning crazy experience and would start off my game destroying early enemies with ease. If you don't mind a starter joining your crew, you know where to put your friend code. Let's do this!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:51 pm

I am about 13 hours in. Its pretty easy for newbs to get into, my bassist and my bro have it (the bro that ISN'T a member of this forum, lol) so we will be going on our first quests sometime tomorrow. I'll letcha know how it goes!

As for the dying stuff, I doubt it. We'll just start questing in mid-level areas.
Back to top Go down
ShagTheTruth
Pit
Pit
ShagTheTruth

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:49 am

duuude i didn't know ian bought it. That's tight as hell. Can you do it over wi fi?
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:10 am

Nope. :\ Pretty fail...
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:47 am

What?!? No Wi Fi? How am I going to quest with you guys?

EDIT: ZeldAnTales, I can't tell what system that game your currently playing is on. I'm lost without the label! First impressions of DQ9 Lol
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:15 am

Well- maybe I just can't figure it out... Does anyone else know anything?!??!?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:36 am

You're not doing anything wrong ZeldAnTales. Looked it up and it only has local multiplayer. First impressions of DQ9 Icon_cry You can go online and download new side quests though. Well crap. That kinda sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First impressions of DQ9   First impressions of DQ9 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

First impressions of DQ9
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next