Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
DKCR First Impressions! Vote_lcap2100%DKCR First Impressions! Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
DKCR First Impressions! Vote_lcap20%DKCR First Impressions! Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
DKCR First Impressions! Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
DKCR First Impressions! Vote_lcap2DKCR First Impressions! I_voting_barDKCR First Impressions! Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
DKCR First Impressions! Vote_lcap2DKCR First Impressions! I_voting_barDKCR First Impressions! Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

DKCR First Impressions!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:11 pm

So....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing. There is a slight difference in the way this game handles as opposed to its decade-old brethren, but once you get the mechanics it is just as intuitive.

Early in the game I complained about waggling to ground pound, but the more I do it the more I love it. I have yet to try the nunchuk combo.

The game looks great, though a bit of spottiness occurred in the opening cloud sequence. But the levels themselves, and I'm only in World 2, they are just so creative and interesting. I advise going slowly through each level and thinking before killing the enemy. Often I've had to use them to obtain hard to reach stuff.

The first mine cart level... pure win.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:58 pm

You got me peaked!!!! (sorry I had to edit your !!!, they were extending beyond page boundaries)

I'm going to try to get this at Toys R Us on Tuesday to get the free DK shirt and Players Guide, but me thinks they'll be all gone by the time I get there.

Your impressions are mirrored around the interwebs so the 2 day wait for me is excruciating. I'm hearing Game of the Year nods too. Would you put it at that level?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:09 am

Game of the Year it is, unless Epic Mickey or Golden Sun Dark Dawn blow it away completely.
Didn't know about the Toys R Us shirt thing, but I have plenty of Ninty shirts already!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:19 pm

Anybody watch the commercials on Nintendo Channel with the gorillas? Hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:52 pm

DKCR First Impressions! DkShirt
Doing my best impersonation of Mike from StarTropics.

Saw those commercials and they are funny...could be funnier.

Scooped up Donkey Kong Country Returns and got this DK t-shirt along with the Players Guide FREE! I normally purchase at Best Buy but I couldn't help but go for the two freebies. Love this game so far. Still getting used to the controls a bit, love the redone music. This is DKC just as I remember. How about them graphics? I hear rumors there is no swimming levels. Kind of bummed if this is true. Oh yeah, the difficulty is just right. Playing this two player co-op had us losing lives left and right.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:09 am

Ok first off you suck that shirt is the shit. Second of all... man level 6 of this game and its getting intense. These levels have just kept me so damn interested. Hard to believe I have but one and one half worlds left to go...
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm at level 8-6. 94% finished. This game rules.

also double post fail.

DOUBLE EDIT: Just beat it 100%. Getting all the puzzle pieces was a task. The time attack mode does NOT count towards 100% completion, nor have I found there to be anything past 100%.

However, there are a few dioramas I have yet to unlock, and how you do that is:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:56 am

Congrats! Beaten in less than a week. Just in time to pick up Epic Mickey. I'm glad time trials isn't part of the completion %. I'd never get there.
Back to top Go down
Nintendo Furniture
Moogle
Moogle
Nintendo Furniture

Number of posts : 1087
Coins : 270

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:33 pm

So far I've gotten to World 6 and things are getting a little hard for me to find puzzles and beat out the levels as well. I used the Remote with Nunchuck because I got used to it and made it easier for me to control it. Pfft time attack. I only had 1 gold medal from the 1st boss. Be a waste at first to just beat the game and then when you have nothing to do at whutnot then I do time attack just for the hell of it.

I love the musics! They are spectacular eh well......sort of and the levels are great to explore. Especially the temple place.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:01 pm

Time Attacks are insanely difficult. I got about half the worlds in gold and decided Epic Mickey is more fun than grueling time trials. lol
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:16 am

I thought the game was well worth the $22 I paid for it. Platforming at its finest, and harder then New Super Mario Bros Wii for sure. Loved it and want more.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:57 am

Definitely harder than NSMBW. That game was a joke.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:47 am

Oh that's cool. I just finished New Super Mario Bros. Wii with all Star Coins. The Super Guide never popped up until I was trying to reach the secret exit in World 2-4 which ruined my 5 shiny stars on the select menu. Now they don't shine. Beat Bowser on my first shot.

Glad this is an even more difficult task. Just keep making games with a Super Guide so they can go crazy on the difficulty. Still I would have liked a swimming level or two, but that's just me.

Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:13 pm

I was never too fond of the swimming levels, but it was an odd omission.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:30 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
I was never too fond of the swimming levels, but it was an odd omission.

Only sad for the omission of Enguarde.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:30 am

Hahaha! I did enjoy riding him but not enough to care about the missing water levels! LOL
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:00 am

Yeah, there was nothing particularly "DK" about the water levels. It was almost as if they were there to begin with as the obligatory water levels so many platformers have. (Water levels in Mario are a staple, because Mario invented them.) There was the hot water, cold water parts of one DKC that was interesting. Still not essential, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DKCR First Impressions!   DKCR First Impressions! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

DKCR First Impressions!
Page 1 of 1