Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
3DS Impressions Vote_lcap2100%3DS Impressions Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
3DS Impressions Vote_lcap20%3DS Impressions Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
3DS Impressions Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
3DS Impressions Vote_lcap23DS Impressions I_voting_bar3DS Impressions Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
3DS Impressions Vote_lcap23DS Impressions I_voting_bar3DS Impressions Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

3DS Impressions

Go down 
+2
ZeldAnTales
Triz
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:55 pm

I gotta say, this thing has amazed me all day. I played around with the AR cards and the face game and was like this is cool. Then I took some 3d pictures and was really impressed. Not until I put in Pilotwings was I blown away. I cant remember the first time Nintendo blew me away with technology since the original NES. This thing is just plain awesome. I cant wait till they update the system so we can download 3d movies. Excellent work Nintendo, Im in love already.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Couldn't agree more, though I actually thought Pilot Wings was the toughest of the Nintendo published titles to focus on. But the depth is just so... real. I can't really explain it to people who haven't seen it.

What all games did you get Triz?
I got Nintendogs, Steel Diver, and SSF4. Considering going back and getting Ridge Racer and Shadow Wars. My bass player got Pilot Wings and Madden. All 5 are just fantastic looking. I hate Madden but seriously, this was really well done, even for EA.

I think we have a new success story for Nintendo, gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Im only rocking Pilotwings and Shadow Wars. Shadow Wars is in my opinion (and a few websites) the best launch game to get...but I can see why some poeple would pass on it.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:25 am

Picked up only SSF4 but honestly I don't think I'm going to get to it much for the first 8 days. Took the 3DS over to my Aunt and Uncles house and they were blown away; moms, sister, everyone. I didn't even show them AR yet. I'm gonna finish learning all there is to know about it hopefully tonight and get my friend code posted. I think this will be the first Nintendo portable that I carry around with me as much as a cell phone.

One thing though. I did notice that my eyes felt a bit fatigued after about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Something tells me that when this happens I should probably lower or turn off 3D. I was blasting that 3D at maximum everytime I played.

When I let my daughter play I turned off the 3D but I'm thinking of letting her try it out a little to see what she thinks of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 am

I let Link try the 3D (I did buy Nintendogs after all) and he was flabbergasted. He kept looking behind the 3DS to see where the stuff was coming from. Hilarious.

After putting in some extensive time with Steel Diver, I highly recommend it. Very cool, almost has an arcade feel to it. And thats my one real complaint: I have beaten every game (save Steel Diver) already. I mean, I havent unlocked everything in SSF4, but the "main modes" in these games all seem very short.

But thats probably on purpose, because I haven't met a person that didn't experience what you did, Streex. After about 2 hours I had to quit for an hour.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:33 am

Link must've wanted to help you defeat that dragon by simply reaching over and squishing it! I love how the AR games not only add digital characters in front of you, but also giving the illusion of manipulating real existing stuff in front of you.

It does seem like many of the games are short. Thankfully there's a lot of characters in SSF4 to get acquainted with, numerous difficulty modes, equalling like 35+ different endings.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:40 am

Steel Diver is the same way, there are like 8 missions but 3 different subs to complete them with, as well as time trials. Periscope mode is amazing, especially if you have a swivel chair.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:47 pm

OK I tried Ghost Recon today and goddamn, for a RTS game the 3D is better implemented than Pilotwings lol. As far as content this game is suppsed to have like 35 missions at about 30 minutes each. So Im sure it will be the best value out there.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Ordered ridge racer today based on user impressions, I can't get enough of this thing even with the headaches it gives me.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:36 pm

I think my brain is used to it now, I haven't gotten a headache all day! But no Pilot Wings...
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 am

No headaches here but my eyes need to take a minute to get reacquainted with reality. I think Ridge Racer is going to be better than Asphalt 3D. It gets Ninfests Seal of Quality.

I wasn't happy with the Mii the 3DS created for me so I changed it to look more like my Mii on the Wii. I also downloaded many Mii's from the Wii. It's starting to get crowded.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:16 pm

The Mii it made me was utterly fucking rediculous and ugly. Since I am handsome and dashing I knew it was a shitty program. HOWEVER using its shapes it gave me as guidelines I made a new Mii that looks much more like myself than my Wii version!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:59 pm

I noticed you fully utilized the new Mii tools by giving yourself the cleft chin feature.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 am

Gotta have it. Wink If only I could get some earrings!
Back to top Go down
Matthew999
Yoshi
Yoshi
Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
Coins : 709

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:02 am

Soo jealous of you guys right now
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Don't worry Matt soon Australia will get all 3 versions of Nintendogs for you!!! :3
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Triz wrote:
OK I tried Ghost Recon today and goddamn, for a RTS game the 3D is better implemented than Pilotwings lol. As far as content this game is suppsed to have like 35 missions at about 30 minutes each. So Im sure it will be the best value out there.

Not to quibble, but it's not RTS. (I know- I've seen it called that before, too. I don't know why.) It would be TBS, if that's even an acronym that's been used before. Anyway- turn-based, not real-time.

All that's irrelevant, though. I totally agree- this game rocks. Looks like we ended up with all the same games Zeldan got, plus Ghost Recon. Overall, I'd say the most effort and quality went into SSF4, but I just like Ghost Recon better. I kinda wish it had online, but even with Advance Wars, I only used its online a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:43 am

Pilot Wings is the only game thus far where the 3D just has not worked for me. I can consistently see both projections of my character, no matter how I try to focus.

I agree with Antilles- SSF4 has the most polish that i've played. Ridge Racer comes in close second. Steeldiver is cool but the 3d is not really utilized heavily, though the periscope missions ROCK!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:02 am

Antilles wrote:
Triz wrote:

Not to quibble, but it's not RTS. (I know- I've seen it called that before, too. I don't know why.) It would be TBS, if that's even an acronym that's been used before. Anyway- turn-based, not real-time.

All that's irrelevant, though. I totally agree- this game rocks. Looks like we ended up with all the same games Zeldan got, plus Ghost Recon. Overall, I'd say the most effort and quality went into SSF4, but I just like Ghost Recon better. I kinda wish it had online, but even with Advance Wars, I only used its online a couple of times.

Actually id pin it more as an Srpg...I dont even know why I typed RTS.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:46 am

Because regardless of actual gameplay the term RTS gives a more accurate idea of gameplay than rpg does. IMO Very Happy

But whatevs, I passed on this game cause I suck at them!!! And why'd they bother even calling it Ghost Recon isn't it totally different gameplay?
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:03 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
Because regardless of actual gameplay the term RTS gives a more accurate idea of gameplay than rpg does. IMO Very Happy

But whatevs, I passed on this game cause I suck at them!!! And why'd they bother even calling it Ghost Recon isn't it totally different gameplay?

Well Ghost Recon while most tiles are FPS they are way more tactical than anything out there today. Im really surprised we havent had a console release in years.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:34 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:

You're thinking of the "S" part of RTS. It's strategy- to be sure- but it's the exact opposite of "real-time." (RT)

I think they called it Ghost Recon because the Ghost Recon series isn't about the gameplay- it's about the characters and mainly the overall story concept. (Sneaky black-ops-type-stuff.) Kind of like the Mario RPG of the series.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:18 am

So I have a better understanding of SpotPass now. It's more or less like Wiimail. Like when your Wii glows. This time the glow is a little blue square. I've gotten numerous things sent to me from Capcom, most recently a code for the Lvl. 7 Blanka figure, which I believe everybody got.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:39 am

Yeah I just got on that idea myself, when Blanka arrived for me. Capcom has only sent me 2 things though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 pm

You guys got it, too?!?! I thought I was special!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3DS Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Impressions   3DS Impressions Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

3DS Impressions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next