Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Kid Icarus Discussion Vote_lcap2100%Kid Icarus Discussion Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Kid Icarus Discussion Vote_lcap20%Kid Icarus Discussion Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Kid Icarus Discussion Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Kid Icarus Discussion Vote_lcap2Kid Icarus Discussion I_voting_barKid Icarus Discussion Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Kid Icarus Discussion Vote_lcap2Kid Icarus Discussion I_voting_barKid Icarus Discussion Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Kid Icarus Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Well I got my copy yesterday and played some multiplayer with Streex. The controls did nothing but frustrate me. Then I gave it a shot today with single player and Im running into the same problem. Im not sure how so much high praise was warranted with such crappy control. Tell me Im not alone here?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:36 pm

You are not. I am completely frustrated. Beautiful game sure, but what does it matter if I can't do what I want to do! The camera control in multiplayer is abysmal. Sure it's all on me and I need to learn it, but I've never started off so clueless. When I get the Circle Pad Pro I hope that solves my issues. Otherwise I'm not impressed at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Streex wrote:
You are not. I am completely frustrated. Beautiful game sure, but what does it matter if I can't do what I want to do! The camera control in multiplayer is abysmal. Sure it's all on me and I need to learn it, but I've never started off so clueless. When I get the Circle Pad Pro I hope that solves my issues. Otherwise I'm not impressed at all.

The Circle pad does not add dual analog its simply a lefty control option. Now Im thinking your a lafty and I should feel bad for not knowing for sure after 15 freaking years.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:29 pm

I am left handed and that was part of the problem when we were playing. I switched control to the xyba buttons and it felt really awkward. So I think having the circle pad on the right will help.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:47 am

I have no problems with the controls, actually. Sometimes when I'm melee attacking I get a little lost swiping my stylus but... I'm enjoying the hell out of this game.

I do fail a bit, at anyting above 4. I try to re-beat every level at 4.5-5 depending on frustration. How anyone could play intensity at 9 bewilders me.

Have yet to give multiplayer a shot, not really interested in it just yet.

The AR cards are badass and I want the all. ALL.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 pm

I am unhappy with the controls, but it's not that bad for me, even as a lefty. (Technically I'm ambidextrous- I only write with my left hand- so maybe that helps.)

I've done level 1 on 9. I've done level 2 on 6. My default for levels I haven't tried yet is 3. 2 just tends to be too easy. I've tried lots of control options, and anything that isn't the default just doesn't work quite right.

I know they say the circle pad just gives you left-handed controls, but I would be surprised if you can't customize to dual analog. It already lets you use the left analog for aiming even without the pro. Why couldn't we do that and set the right pad for movement?

At any rate, I think if I can pick up a thumb stylus, I'll be okay. My biggest problem is really just holding it comfortably with mostly one hand while the other uses the stylus. A thumb stylus would fix that for me. (No, I don't like using the stand- limits you to playing at a table.)
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Yeah it does limit you to playing on a table, but on the upswing you don't have to worry about losing your focus when you get too caught up in the action. Sometimes my 3DS... moves on its own! lol

I am still waiting for my pre-ordered circle pad pro... :\
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Also, I'm very tall- especially my torso, so I'd have to hunch over to play at most tables and still see it well.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 pm

I am tall too! Very Happy
oi vey the weight of the world. lol
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 pm

How perfect is it that I'm short just like all those Japanese men that make these products. No hunching for me! Maybe that is why I never got a sore neck looking into the Virtual Boy.

Hey we're in May now and GameStop never called me with my Circle Pad Pro ready for pickup. I'm gonna have to call those lazy fools.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 11:30 am

Same here. I heard a rumor that they havent been shipped from Nintendo themselves yet.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 2:45 pm

I'm hoping Nintendo won't do me wrong. You gonna order from Nintendo? I will in the next few days. I'm wondering...what if they are hesitant from letting too many of these things sell because they are about to announce a redesign?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Discussion   Kid Icarus Discussion Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Kid Icarus Discussion
Page 1 of 1