Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_lcap2100%What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_lcap20%What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_lcap20%What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_lcap2What are your thoughts on 3DS? I_voting_barWhat are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_lcap2What are your thoughts on 3DS? I_voting_barWhat are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

What are your thoughts on 3DS?

Go down 
4 posters

I love it, I play my 3DS all the time!
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_lcap280%What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_rcap2
 80% [ 4 ]
It's not bad but I don't play mine much.
What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_lcap220%What are your thoughts on 3DS? Vote_rcap2
 20% [ 1 ]
I'm going to buy one soon!
 0% [ 0 ]
I might get one, we'll see how things turn out.
 0% [ 0 ]
I'm going to wait for the re-design.
 0% [ 0 ]
I'm not impressed, I'm getting a PS Vita instead.
 0% [ 0 ]
I have no plans to get a 3DS at all.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:29 am

I love it. My retail game collection has quietly grown to 10 in its first year. My downloading has slowed to a crawl on WiiWare/DSiWare, but eShop has a great selection of downloadable titles. I turn it on almost every day and when I don't, it's only because it was a very busy day. If I have a moment to spare I always flip it open. Still love getting all the SwapNotes from you guys too.

Nintendo has proven that game centric devices can still thrive in a smartphone gaming world, with 17 million of these already out the door. It's also cool to see the long tail Nintendo theory still at work with games like Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land still lighting up the sales charts. Even if I haven't been too fond of Kid Icarus: Uprising, I love that it is still selling a ton of copies, half a million already sold. Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land have both crossed 5 million and are still going strong.

I can honestly say I've never liked a portable gaming system quite as much as I do the 3DS. At first I thought there was no way it could beat DS sales, but now I think what if...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:23 am

Its yet another Nintendo console that will remain dormant until the next Nintendo game I have to play comes out for it. And if more of those titles are like Kid Icarus, Count me out.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:26 pm

And stay out! Razz
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Triz, I know you think there aren't any good eShop games, but if you consider yourself a multi-console gamer, you have to give it a fair shake. There are too many good titles available. You can't just look at them briefly and say that they aren't good. I have many on my system and you never want to try them out. Instead you just assume they are bad. Give them a shot. As it stands your opinion on the system is severely uneducated due to a lack of experience.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Streex wrote:
Triz, I know you think there aren't any good eShop games, but if you consider yourself a multi-console gamer, you have to give it a fair shake. There are too many good titles available. You can't just look at them briefly and say that they aren't good. I have many on my system and you never want to try them out. Instead you just assume they are bad. Give them a shot. As it stands your opinion on the system is severely uneducated due to a lack of experience.

You do this with every damn game you see. Laughing .

in regards to the uneducated comment, hey pot meet the kettle.

Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm confused. Are you saying it's ok for you to judge the entire eShop catalog before playing them because I do (apparently)? That makes no sense.

I will give games on other consoles a score based on first impression, simply because I'll probably never get to it. That is completely different than a score on something I've put in at least 3 or 4 hours on. Sorry if I have never been clear on that. That is the reason why I won't give my star rating opinion on Kid Icarus. Because I haven't played it long enough yet. I have shared my displeasure, but no final score administered.

Besides, it doesn't matter what I do. My rating system has been seen as flawed by you and others. Don't follow down the same dank and dark road as I've taken. I'm a Nintendo gamer first and foremost, and I've never strayed from that self-labeling. You pride yourself as a multi console gamer. If anyone is supposed to be neutral, it's you. If you want to continue to carry that title, than you have to truly be neutral and give a fair shake to all consoles. By blindly trashing a whole set of eShop games with no merit, that tells me you are not a true multi-console gamer. You may own the consoles, but playing them gives you that "multi" status.

Wow...I am truly going on too long about nonsense. Everyone, disregard any of the above post if you must. lol. I'm rambling again. clown
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Eh, no need for the long rebuttle. I buy waht interests me in the download space. Stuff like Zen Pinball. Its not your fault Nintendo doesnt cater to the larger DLC market space. Hey look at this article that touches on our discussion.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/we-dont-do-nintendo-development-says-baldurs-gate-dev-6372032

Quote :
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is headed for iPads and PCs, but don't expect the Overhaul Games revival of the BioWare role-playing game to hit the Wii U anytime soon.

When asked on Twitter about the possibility of a Wii U version given the system's iPad-like touch-screen controller, founder of Overhaul parent company Beamdog Trent Oster didn't dance around the subject.

"We don't do Nintendo development," Oster said. "Our previous experience with Nintendo was enough to ensure there will not be another."

Last year, Beamdog released a port of the BioWare action game MDK2 for WiiWare. In a follow-up post, Oster explained what about that experience soured him on working with Nintendo again.

"My problems with Nintendo are: requiring 6,000 unit sales before payment, a certification process that took us 9 months, and a 40MB limit," Oster said.

Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 pm

I can understand their disappointment with Nintendo's early online structure, but I'm sure Nintendo, with outside assistance, is going to improve in the online space with Wii U. To say that they'll never do business with Nintendo again is a bit naive, and not much of a loss on Nintendo's part. The only game they ever brought to Nintendo was MDK2.

Sure, you'll download what interests you. But that doesn't mean the stuff that doesn't interest you is bad.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:29 am

I just wish you would both stop hating on Kid Icarus. Even as a lefty, I'm loving this game more and more every time I play it. I may even convince my busy wife to play through it- it's just too fun to miss out on!

As for Bioware...

a. Screw them. (Yes, I'm well aware of who they are and their accomplishments.)
b. Square did the same thing for awhile, but they came back.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 am

Antilles wrote:
I just wish you would both stop hating on Kid Icarus. Even as a lefty, I'm loving this game more and more every time I play it. I may even convince my busy wife to play through it- it's just too fun to miss out on!

As for Bioware...

a. Screw them. (Yes, I'm well aware of who they are and their accomplishments.)
b. Square did the same thing for awhile, but they came back.

lol why are you brining Bioware into this? Its not Bioware making the ipad port of Baulders gate. Razz
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:47 pm

This has turned into the ultimate hate thread. Hey, there's an idea. Someone should start a general news thread titled "hate".
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 pm

My mistake- I thought you were talking about Bioware.

Double-screw that other company nobody's heard of. Quadruple, even.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Nintendo's specifications are tight and their expectations are high. This is true. If they actually thought a DLC version of MDK2 was gonna do well, its the company's own fault for saying yes in the first place! Nintendo says hey you agreed, now you lose! and somehow Nintendo is the bad guy here?

Yeah bummer Baldur's Gate isn't gonna be on the Wii U my heart is broken.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on 3DS?   What are your thoughts on 3DS? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1