Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
3DS XL first thoughts... Vote_lcap2100%3DS XL first thoughts... Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
3DS XL first thoughts... Vote_lcap20%3DS XL first thoughts... Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
3DS XL first thoughts... Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
3DS XL first thoughts... Vote_lcap23DS XL first thoughts... I_voting_bar3DS XL first thoughts... Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
3DS XL first thoughts... Vote_lcap23DS XL first thoughts... I_voting_bar3DS XL first thoughts... Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

3DS XL first thoughts...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: 3DS XL first thoughts...   3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Picked up the blue/black combo (color choice was never really a big deal to me anyhow).
It is friggin' sleek, and the screens... its brilliant. But instead of gloating fanboyism here's what I really think:

1. The 3D light in the corner of the top screen is gone... I liked it there. :\
2. All the LED lights are replaced with the DS styled lights, not as cool looking, aka CHEAP.
3. The home button/start/select have been relegated to buttons instead of the weird indent things that everyone's fingernails always ruined. I kinda liked it anyway but its gone now lol.
4. The circle pad is a different shape and it better fits my thumb for kart sessions, rejoice.
5. The 3D shifter now noticeably clicks OFF when fully transitioned from 3D to no 3D.
6. Speakers... they're worse. Chinsier, if you can believe it.
7. The stylus is not the cool metal retractable one. I'm assuming its because with grimy kids like mine, they started rusting. Seriously. Its gross.
8. Screens are totally legit awesome with the 3D sweet spot just becoming SOOOOOOooooo much bigger/better.

Ultimately not really worth the price unless a. you don't have a 3DS yet or b. am a retard like myself.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: 3DS XL first thoughts...   3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:38 am

LOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: 3DS XL first thoughts...   3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:16 pm

I hear once you go XL, you'll never go back. I'm thinking of picking up the red just to change it up a bit (current 3DS is blue).

Kinda sad to hear the 3D light is gone, but I'm gonna like the lights up in front of you instead of on the side so you can see what's going on so you don't have to turn it on its side to see if WiFi is turned on. The Home/select/start buttons look like an upgrade now that they are raised and seem to function more like independent buttons. I really didn't like the original setup. They were fairly difficult to press.

I didn't know the Circle Pad was redesigned. That's cool! I've also heard the rest of the buttons and D-pad have also been made a tad larger. I think the stylus is no longer telescoping because the system is big enough to house it fully extended.

I've heard that about the speakers which is disappointing. Everyone thought Nintendo would make them better but Reggie said nope, they're just the same...which would have been fine. But now we're noticing they are crappier! I guess they had to make some cost cutting moves to fit it under $200 and make a profit. It's not the first time Nintendo had lessened the quality of the speakers. When I got a DSLite I noticed the max sound wasn't as loud as the DS Phat's.

I have a question though. I've heard that the hinge is much sturdier and doesn't wobble at all. Plus the clamshell has 3 distinct clickable levels. Is this true?

I can't wait to get one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: 3DS XL first thoughts...   3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Yes 3 distinct levels and it still wobbles tho, its a hefty bish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS XL first thoughts...   3DS XL first thoughts... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

3DS XL first thoughts...
Page 1 of 1