Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_lcap2100%Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_lcap20%Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_lcap20%Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_lcap2Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls I_voting_barSakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_lcap2Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls I_voting_barSakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Thu May 03, 2012 12:28 pm

According to Sakurai, those of us who are having a tough time with the controls are doing it wrong. He gives a few pointers on how to make the experience more pleasant:

Quote :
Considering how close to the limit we pushed the 3DS during development, it's a miracle that we were even able to provide support for left-handed controls at the point of completion. Providing support for independent analog control was something that was technically impossible.

I do have my doubts over whether it'd be that easy to provide support. I think any game needs to provide new experiences and stimulating things to discover, but if we provided run-of-the-mill controls for it, that cuts down on the game's potential. If a player used to touchscreen-based aiming played against someone used to right-analog control, the first player would probably dominate. The speed is on a whole different level.

If there are players who say that it makes their hand tired, that's because you're applying too much force. Try to relax and work on building a rhythm to your control. Place the pen in the middle of the touchscreen; when you're flicking it, take the pen off the screen as you're sweeping with it, and stop right there. That's the basic idea.

Putting all this aside, do you think it would have been better from a control standpoint to put this game on Wii instead? I would have preferred this.

On a side note, GameStop never got back to me on my preorder for the Circle Pad Pro. I called them up and they told me it was still sold out and their system doesn't say when they will get more in stock. So today I'm going down there and getting my money back. I waited too long for these idiots. Perfect reason why GameStop is a last resort for me. I'll be placing an order directly through Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Fri May 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Sakurai is the Peter Jackson of video games. Who are we to question his awesomeness?
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 am

Peter Jackson is a talent-less retard, Antilles (do NOT get me started on LOTR movies, editing and direction were some of the worst in recent memory)... lol
I think the controls are fine, as he says most people are just dumb spazzes who can't understand minute control. IMO lol
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 2:31 pm

I loved the Lord of the Rings movies, but he isn't without fail. King Kong was crap. Maybe we can compare him to James Cameron?

Got my money back from GameStop and will soon be placing an order through Nintendo for the Circle Pad Pro.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 11:24 pm

You both suck! LOTR movies were works of beautiful, beautiful art. Perfect recreations of the books? Impossible, so pointless to debate, but certainly the best attempt I've every seen with ANY book-to-movie. As for King Kong- not only was that outstanding, but it was even the best by far movie licensed video game in recent memory! If you hated King Kong, you just didn't understand it. (Also, for some reason Jack Black makes me think of Streex...)
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Sun May 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Why does everyone compare me to Jack Black? Eh...I'll take it. But King Kong I thought was overhyped and overpromoted for what it was. What is there not to understand about an age old story that's quite simple? Maybe that was it. I've seen/heard it a thousand times and the new twists and special effects didn't move me enough to think this was the ultimate telling of the King Kong story. These are just my thoughts on the movie, never played the game even though you couldn't miss it. Everywhere I went King Kong was there. It got real annoying.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Sun May 06, 2012 6:42 pm

One of the characters was basically trying to explain the movie when talking about Heart of Darkness. They were trying to make sure people understood it wasn't an adventure story. (Although it did have some crazy action.) I think a lot of people saw it as an adventure despite that, and as an adventure, it's less than satisfying. It's not an adventure- it's a tragedy. Granted, it's a tragedy about a giant gorilla instead of, say, a pair of star-crossed lovers, but still... Where else can you get such great T-Rex on giant gorilla action? And so many giant bugs? Maybe it's because I went in with low expectations. I was annoyed that Jackson was doing an old rehash instead of moving on to The Hobbit. (I know- he couldn't, anyway.)

in other news- Avengers. Greatest movie ever?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Haven't seen The Avengers yet but it just might take over Avatar as the best movie ever. I hope it does because Avatar was awful.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:07 pm

HEY! Don't compare Avengers to Space Pocahontas! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 am

Avengers was pathetic garbage, man. Seriously. Awful.

LOTR had some of the worst editing of any movies and I had ever seen, and some of the changes to "update" the story were just grossly "hip" and typical hollywood. Whether they did justice to the books in any way other than costume and locale I would argue to my death.

Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Not much to say to that. We have no frame of reference and no taste in common. Not the greatest thing ever? Some could argue that. Garbage? At first I thought you were just being silly. You know- like saying Smash Bros. is the worst series of games ever and was a terrible idea. Oh, Z, you kidder!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:39 pm

The Lord of The Rings is one of the best trilogies out there! I hope it's not the worst thing since Xbox 360 because I threw down some serious bucks to get the trilogy on blu-ray.

You know what IS bad in the Smash Bros. universe? That darn carbon copy coming for PlayStation 3. I love Smash Bros. but will automatically hate this one no matter how close it comes to emulating the experience. It's a lazy imitation. Other companies have always copied Nintendo hardware, now they're taking Nintendo software.

And another thing. The new Halo 4 coming out might be pretty good, even the best in the franchise. Why? 3 former Retro employees are working on it. That's why the enemies look so much like Metroid Space Pirates and the environments are so organic. Just call it Halo Prime. sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Is Z trying to take the troll title away from me? Avengers garbage? LOL!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Triz wrote:
Is Z trying to take the troll title away from me? Avengers garbage? LOL!

I know, right?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Well there's nothing wrong with not liking a movie everyone else likes. Personally I've been given the dirty eye for saying Avatar and Up are awful.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:40 pm

You're still getting the dirty eye over that last one...
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:43 pm

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls   Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sakurai defends Kid Icarus Uprising controls
Page 1 of 1