Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
No 3DS redesign coming? Vote_lcap2100%No 3DS redesign coming? Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
No 3DS redesign coming? Vote_lcap20%No 3DS redesign coming? Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
No 3DS redesign coming? Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
No 3DS redesign coming? Vote_lcap2No 3DS redesign coming? I_voting_barNo 3DS redesign coming? Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
No 3DS redesign coming? Vote_lcap2No 3DS redesign coming? I_voting_barNo 3DS redesign coming? Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

No 3DS redesign coming?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:53 pm

No 3DS redesign coming? Nintendo-3ds-3d-miyamoto-konno

Miyamoto seems to think we don't need no stinkin' 3DS redesign. We'll get something new for the next-gen handheld.

Quote :
“I really feel like I’m satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is. I feel like it’s the best for this generation,” Miyamoto said. “What we’re thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld.”

If this is true it makes my wallet breathe a sigh of relief, but I was hoping one would arrive sometime next year. Well, I have a Circle Pad Pro so I should be happy that I have the extra feature for the few games that come out that support it. It does make the $20 add-on purchase more worthwhile too.

Maybe he's just saying this so we aren't holding back on purchasing current models. It's always been Nintendo's schtick to release updated versions of their handhelds dating back to the original GameBoy. Nintendo's past doesn't match Miyamoto's comments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 pm

What worries me more is Sakurai's comments about how Smash Bros has enough characters already. That REALLY makes me unhappy. That means that in order for us to see our dreams of more outside characters come true, some beloved existing characters would receive the axe.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:53 pm

I didn't know he said that but I'd think that is premature. He just got started working on the next Smash Bros.! I know how he likes to cram his games full of stuff and the Wii U is going to be capable of housing so many more stages and characters. Maybe a couple might get the axe (hopefully the less popular ones) with the hope that we'd at least get 10 more first and third party characters.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Check Nintendo Power. He said it there as well in the most recent issue while talking about Kid Icarus. It's not a matter of horsepower, it's a matter of logistics. The more characters a game has, the harder it is to balance. Brawl was undoubtedly a massive amount of work to balance.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:38 am

Lying asshole lol.

Nintendo Announced a 3DS hardware revision, the 3DS XL during the Nintendo Direct event on 6/21

Prices
NA: $199
EU: N/A
JP: ¥18000

Release Dates
NA: August 19th
EU: July 28th
JP: July 28th

Screen Size
The screens are each 90% bigger, resulting in a 4.88 inch top screen and a 4.18 inch bottom screen. Same resolution as 3DS.

Battery Life
3.5 to 6.5 hours when playing 3DS games (3DS is 3 to 5).
6 to 10 hours for DS games (3DS is 5 to Cool.

AC Adapter
The AC adapter is being sold separately for Europe and Japan. In North America, the AC adapter is included.

SD CARD
A 4GB SD card is included for all regions

Colors
NA: Red/Black and Blue/Black
EU: Red/Black, Silver/Black, Blue/Black
JP: Red/Black, Silver/Black, White

No 3DS redesign coming? J7pN6BaEXNr17
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 am

I KNEW it!!! I would have hoped for better battery improvements at least, though. And c'moooon! Just toss the second analog stick on there! It's not going to be compatible with the circle pad pro, right? I'm just sayin' no to this one.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:45 pm

I was able to keep from getting a DSi XL because the 3DS rumors were running rampant. If I can talk myself into getting this that would mean having to buy a bigger case and a CirclePad Pro XL (if one gets made). Oh yeah...and another 3DS Wheel if one gets made. Basically all the peripherals except the 3DS Stand aren't compatible. Sounds like too much trouble. I'll have to be pretty wealthy come mid August to just go for it. If I get a red one will that be too girly?

All we really get is 2 bigger screens and a longer battery life.

Kinda harsh to call Miyamoto names like that! Shame on you! He might have been kept out of the loop ya know.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:09 pm

This is pretty weak. Wait, no. REALLY *&#$ING WEAK.
Back to top Go down
Matthew999
Yoshi
Yoshi
Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
Coins : 709

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:42 am

I'll probably get it. I don't really see the need for a second analog stick, no games I play use it and it would make the button placement too awkward to use. Everything else seems to be good, bigger screens, better battery, original design issues will be fixed. Interesting they went with the colour doubled with a black inside design, I would have preferred it to be the same the whole way through. I don't buy a red console only to stare at a black inside the entire time! Still got 2 whole months for it to release here so plenty of time for me to decide. It's even the same price as the current model here.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Actually, Miyamoto only said there was no redesign. This is not a redesign. Just a minor spec tweak. This is nothing like DS Lite to DSi. Heck, it's even less than DS to DS Lite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No 3DS redesign coming?   No 3DS redesign coming? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

No 3DS redesign coming?
Page 1 of 1