Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_lcap2100%Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_lcap20%Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_lcap20%Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_lcap2Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U I_voting_barBig incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_lcap2Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U I_voting_barBig incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Eveonlinedownloadwiiu

No one really expects Nintendo to outdo the other consoles with online, but in some cases it will from a publisher/developer stand point. For the consumer, the online experience should be on par with Xbox and PS3 and have that Nintendo touch. Back to the publishers/developers...this is an anonymous quote, but I'm hoping this comes to fruition. It would mean a lot of quality digital software for Wii U if true.

Quote :
“They’re offering insane incentives for publishers to sell retail games as downloads on the console. You’d be stupid not to take advantage of it and go retail box-only. The new platform is perfect for indie devs, it’s a whole different ball game than WiiWare. They’ve learned a lot from that mess.

It’s just a much bigger revenue cut that you’d get selling it on any other platform at the moment, plus promotions on the online store. If they [Nintendo] pull it off and it gains traction, it’ll press the other guys [Microsoft and Sony] to give more of the revenue to the publishers. It’s very good for us who make games. You’ll be making a lot more per unit sold digitally than at retail with the Wii U. And from day one.” - anonymous source
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 pm

I just hope digital is cheaper, or forget it!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Right now it seems digital won't be cheaper. Going digital seems to be more beneficial to those developing the game. The way it's described now, I'm going to still purchase discs also.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:12 pm

I will never purchase download content when I can get a hardcopy.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm

I will- if it costs at least 30% less- to make up for the fact that they have NO resale value. My Earthbound has quite a bit of resale value...
Back to top Go down
WildCard
Pit
Pit
WildCard

Number of posts : 115
Coins : 213

PostSubject: Re: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Streex wrote:
Right now it seems digital won't be cheaper. Going digital seems to be more beneficial to those developing the game. The way it's described now, I'm going to still purchase discs also.
agreed, even on the psn dd games are rearly any cheaper than physcal copies.more pricy if you consider used games that are more than a couple months old"depending on title and wear you buy it of course" its just cheaper for the pubishers/dev's. given a choice i'll always buy full sized retail games on ophyscal storage, in fact its the only way i CAN buy them as like many people i dont have access to high speed unlimited data inetrnet. im forced to use sprint mobil 3g wich has a BS 5gig a month data cap. even with satalite providers there are data caps. less than 20gigs a month and even with in that you are often litmited to how much of that data your allowed to use in a 24 hour period plus its stupidly pricy for those high data plans most being upwards of 70$ a month. most are in the 10gigs or less range, ether way its imposable to download a modern HD game wich are often 30 to 50 gigs. And thats just for 1 game. it would takes months to down load just one title. these game companies who are talking about switching 100% to DD only consoles need to realize not every one lives in a taown or city, many of us live in rural areas or out in the sticks as i call it, heck im only a 5 min drive from a town and i dont have access to dsl or cable, im 30 min away from my states cap and dont have access to dsl or cable lol. They will lose a lot of customers if they make it imposable for us to actually buy there games :p
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Yeah it's very important to make sure that they make their products accessible to as many people possible. I would say that I will continue to buy a hard copy even if they were cheaper as a download because those discs might even have more resale value in the future if they don't print as many because of the digital option.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:42 am

I will always buy hardcopy until they stop completely. Always, lol.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm with you ZeldAnTales. Heck, I still buy CD's. They're gonna have to stop making them completely to get me to stop buying them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U   Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Big incentives to go digital with retail games on Wii U
Page 1 of 1