Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_lcap2100%Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_lcap20%Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_lcap20%Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_lcap2Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 I_voting_barRetail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_lcap2Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 I_voting_barRetail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew999
Yoshi
Yoshi
Matthew999

Number of posts : 341
Coins : 709

PostSubject: Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2   Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:09 am

Nintendo have confirmed at an investors meeting that they will introduce retail downloads to the eShop when NSMB2 launches in August. They say they will sell both retail copies and digital copies of every Nintendo-published 3DS game afterwards. They also say that download codes of 16 characters can be purchased at retail if you don't feel like buying eShop cards. The good thing about that is that retailers are being allowed to set the price of the codes so finally some sales will be seen on Nintendo's digital content. The bad news is that Nintendo doesn't feel the need to lower the price of the digital copy compared to the retail copy which is a bit of a rip-off. Storage looks like it will be an issue too but hopefully my 32GB card will cover me. I don't plan to download too many games as I like having the real copies with boxes and manuals. If I do download something I will probably buy a physical copy too. Razz What do you guys make of this news?
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2   Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 pm

As I wrote in the Wii U post, They should give anyone who buys the retail copy a free digital download. Well...now that I think of it, it probably would backfire. I can see someone buying a retail copy, and selling off the download copy. Unless Nintendo can find a way to prevent this I suppose I won't be downloading any retail games.

This could come in handy for some people if it takes off. Sometimes games will sell out or go out of print. Having the download option will be perfect in this situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com

Retail downloads coming to the eShop, starting with NSMB2
Page 1 of 1