Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_lcap2100%Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_lcap20%Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_lcap20%Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_lcap2Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems I_voting_barAnalyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_lcap2Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems I_voting_barAnalyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Quote :
"Our assumptions are that Nintendo will ship 6.5 million Wii systems in the current financial year, and about 4 million Wii U systems into retail. As such I think Nintendo's overall target of 10.5m console units is pretty neutral. In general, my outlook is that Wii U console sales will not replicate the success of the Wii. Aside from more intense competition from various other connected devices, the Wii U second-screen dynamic is a more complex consumer proposition compared to the Wii and is much harder to market." - Piers-Harding Rolls, lead games analyst for IHS Screen Digest

I can see the Wii U experience being harder to sell than the Wii but I think they'll pull it off. After all, consumers have been using touch screens for years now in many different devices. If they can just get it across how it works with Wii U, they're sure to pick it up with little problem. It might seem a bit overwhelming trying to control two screens at the same time but I'm sure Nintendo will make it as easy to get used to as possible!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:45 pm

That's crazy. Two screens can never work! Nintendo is smoking crack if they think consumers will ever embrace two screens. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:04 pm

I can understand the conflict of having to look down at the screen and looking up at the TV. Too much of this might be a problem. The developers just have to make sure that when using the GamePad screen you don't have to refer to it constantly, or if you do make it so selectable icons are large and quick to activate.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:20 pm

You... can always lift the controller towards the TV when you want to get an easier view... it's not that heavy. Plus, some games, like Zombie-U, have you doing that anyway for a sniper scope or scanner.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:31 am

Penny Arcade had good things to say about the Wii-U from their time with it at PAX, and their opinions are very reliable. (Untainted by commercial interest.) Like Triz, they'll rip Nintendo a new one if they do something stupid, but unlike Triz, they like Nintendo stuff that's good. Shocked (I still kid the Triz!)

http://penny-arcade.com/2012/09/10

I like this part: "Playing it at PAX sold it to him big, though, because the power of those asymmetric experiences is immense. His boy was there, and the young man was haunting his family ghost-style while everyone else scurried around in terror, and I can only imagine his face. We had lighter versions of this experience before - recall that, as the only people on earth who liked Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, we were receiving private correspondence from our parents, crafting, and all manner of things in a completely private way."

Yes, I loved FFCC, too. Haters everywhere!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Very good to hear more good feedback. It seems like once people get to actually try it out, they have a more positive outlook on the system. I'm afraid those of us that are totally hyped about it before trying it might be a tad disappointed after experiencing it firsthand. Either that or we're going to go crazy and run down the streets tipping over cars like our sports team just won the championship.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Loved Crystal Chronicles, it helped get my wife into gaming!
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:26 pm

UPDATE: Ordered my Black Wii U and a copy of NSMBU. Can't wait for Nov. 18th!!!
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Oh man. That's music to my ears!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Streex wrote:
Quote :
"...Wii U second-screen dynamic is a more complex consumer proposition compared to the Wii and is much harder to market." - Piers-Harding Rolls, lead games analyst for IHS Screen Digest

Yeah, because these geniuses thought the Wii was going to be easy to market, too...
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Let the hate flow, I say. That way when its a smashing success again we can all say TOLD YOU SO!
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:53 am

Your favorite hater preordered the system last week. The one I have said countless times I would not get at launch. Damn you New Super Mario Bros. WiiU.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Add me to that preorder bunch. Thanks to Triz I was notified about the Toys R Us preorder. $20 down for the Black Deluxe. Obviously! I wonder if there is anyone out there preordering Basic sets.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:05 pm

There probably is. Who cares, we all are getting deluxe I assume, lol.
And yeah, Toys R Us always has great deals for games. No wonder their pre-order price is better than Gamestop. Pre-ordered one from Toys R Us as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Triz wrote:
Your favorite hater preordered the system last week. The one I have said countless times I would not get at launch. Damn you New Super Mario Bros. WiiU.

Bwaahahaha! Resistance is FUTILE!!! alien

Actually, I said I wasn't sure I'd get it at launch, either, but despite the higher than expected price, (and being even more angry about it than I was for the 3DS,) I've already got plans in place to be able to afford it at launch. (There's only so much finagling and manipulations I can do!)

Gamestop is closer for me. And mine was only $25, so not bad.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:32 pm

ZeldAnTales wrote:
There probably is. Who cares, we all are getting deluxe I assume, lol.
And yeah, Toys R Us always has great deals for games. No wonder their pre-order price is better than Gamestop. Pre-ordered one from Toys R Us as well. Wink

So you got 2 pre-ordered? Nice! I'm thinking of doing that too. I want to take advantage of the demand this time. Buy two and sell one on ebay for $1000.

2 Wii U Deluxe sets = $700. Sell one for $1000 = a free Wii U console and an extra $300 in the bank!
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Dangit! I always forget to do that.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Still time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Naw- I already saw news stories saying the deluxe preorders were sold out pretty much everywhere.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Weird not here... :\
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 am

BTW- Nintendo said they don't do this, though they did end up being forced to with the 3DS, but it turns out the Wii U is actually being sold at a loss:

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-brief/67096-nintendo-will-lose-money-on-every-wii-u

Also, Nintendo is only expecting to sell 5.5 million Wii U consoles by the end of March, but a Wall Street Journal guy says that is conservative and forecasts 7.2 million Wii U consoles.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203897404578075953200688198.html
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Preordered my second Wii U! From Walmart. Had to put down $42.

I also tried out the Wii U at GameStop. Pretty darn impressed, and Rayman Legends is a great game, but I think to attract more attention they should be demoing Nintendo Land. I think if they demoed New Super Mario Bros. U it wouldn't be fresh enough for the common buyer, especially sitting next to the 3DS demo unit playing New Super Mario Bros. 2.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:04 pm

They could also be demoing ZombieU. Gamestop is the only place "hardcore" gamers are likely to give anything stamped "Nintendo" a glance, and only something with a lot of blood and fancy graph-a-mics will even warrant a moment's attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems   Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Analyst says Nintendo will ship 4 million Wii U systems
Page 1 of 1