Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Demo units are out there. Vote_lcap2100%Demo units are out there. Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Demo units are out there. Vote_lcap20%Demo units are out there. Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Demo units are out there. Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Demo units are out there. Vote_lcap2Demo units are out there. I_voting_barDemo units are out there. Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Demo units are out there. Vote_lcap2Demo units are out there. I_voting_barDemo units are out there. Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Demo units are out there.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:22 am

I played one at the local Gamestop yesterday. Connected to a 42" HDTV playing Rayman and videos of a few other launch titles. Rayman looks good, crystal clear and running in 1080p it seems. The controller is big! But the screen on it impressed me. I was expecting a resolution problem (face it past nintendo screens arent really super high fidelity) but it looks great.Rayman on the pad was nice and looked just slightly worse than the tv. Couldnt get a feel for the weight cause of the tether but it didnt feel too heavy. Not sure how long id want to hold the controller though, the battery life might be a blessing in disguise.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Cool, if you aren't totally negative about it I'll prolly be ecstatic. LOL
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Dang- I hadn't heard about that battery life issue before. And it's not like you can just bust out some new rechargeables when it runs out like with the wiimotes, either.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 am

How longs the battery life supposedly?
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:02 pm

3-5 hours.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Hm... that seems decent enough to me.
idk truth be told 3 hour game sessions happen pretty rarely these days. for me that is, lol.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:17 am

Yeah, but when they do happen, you don't want to stop just because the darn thing ran out of juice. I know this thing will see heavy use with my friends and extended family at first. I'd hate to say, "Sorry, guys, I know we're having tons of fun, but here's an annoying drawback to discourage you from trusting Nintendo again."

Can we at least plug it in and play with it like that if we need to?
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:48 am

Antilles wrote:
Yeah, but when they do happen, you don't want to stop just because the darn thing ran out of juice. I know this thing will see heavy use with my friends and extended family at first. I'd hate to say, "Sorry, guys, I know we're having tons of fun, but here's an annoying drawback to discourage you from trusting Nintendo again."

Can we at least plug it in and play with it like that if we need to?

Yes you can plug and play. The battery life sucks for someone who games as much as me. I work from home and play about 8 hours a day. But its not a deterrent, the vita gets about the same life honestly.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:55 pm

I still haven't tried that demo unit but I'm itching to try it sometime this week. The battery life isn't an issue for someone like me that plays maybe 3 hours a week. lol.

Wow Triz, 8 hours a day? Next time I fail at something while gaming at your house remember my gaming skills aren't what they used to be. I'd still be a super gamer if I could play 8 hours a day. sheesh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 pm

oh but hey im a hardcore gamer who grows tired of everything and moves on to the next thing too quickly. /sarcasm.

Maybe its people like me who put in 3 times the time with the game compared to you guys, we arent really getting bored of it too fast just playing it a ton more.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Good points made all around but I don't want to hear any more complaining that you don't want to play games LIKE Xenoblade Chronicles because they are too long. You'd have something like that beaten in a week. tongue
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:01 pm

JRPG just arent for me anymore Streex. Give it to 17 year old Triz and I would have loved that game.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:05 pm

I can't afford to get bored any faster...
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Looks like Target will be getting some demo units up soon. So get out there to GameStop, Best Buy and Target. I hope they each have different games up for demo.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:05 pm

8 hours a day? Hope you have a fat green sac brother! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demo units are out there.   Demo units are out there. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Demo units are out there.
Page 1 of 1