Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_lcap2100%So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_lcap20%So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_lcap20%So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_lcap2So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card I_voting_barSo according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_lcap2So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card I_voting_barSo according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Empty
PostSubject: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:16 pm

This puts a hamper on my plans to put a large SD card in the system. I dont want to hookup an external USB drive to accomplish this. Thankfully I have the premium system preordered/

Quote :
Let me just re-translate that stuff so as to not cause confusion. This all comes from the JP Wii U site's Q&A section:

Q. Can download software saved to USB media be played on another Wii U?
A. No. Download software can only be used on 1 Wii U per 1 USB media.

Q. Where is software that I purchased a download for saved to?
A. Internal memory or USB media. Download software can't be saved to the SD card.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/suppo...are/index.html
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:09 am

So we have to have an external for our storage instead of an sd card... Hm, kinda sucks that it can't take from both the sd card and the drive.

So... WiiWare from the Wii that was on my SD card, when I transfer that stuff to my Wii U (hypothetically, as I'm not getting rid of either of my Wiis), where does it have to go? The drive or internal memory?

What does the Wii U even have a sd card slot for, then?

thx for the post.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

Number of posts : 1555
Coins : 3202

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:52 am

The SD card slot is for other stuff, I guess. Some uses I can think of:

1. System transfers.
2. Saves?
3. Pictures?

Yeah, okay, I'm not sure other than system transfers. I do have a 32 GB USB thumb drive I can use. It's probably better than using an external HDD, though I do also have a 500GB external HDD if needed...
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:06 pm

I can kinda see why the locked the SD card out, it was the key to hacking the Wii. It still sucks we cant use it for software storage. Especially with teh full retail downloads, that will eat up space quick.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:36 pm

...because hacked Wiis were so commonplace and cutting into their bottom line...
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Antilles wrote:
...because hacked Wiis were so commonplace and cutting into their bottom line...

While Im full on anti piracy...I dont think you realize just how widespread the hacking was. I knew 3 non gamer families with hacked wiis. Hard for them to turn down entire free librarys I guess.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:41 pm

No, I guess I didn't know how widespread it was. Jerks.
Back to top Go down
ZeldAnTales
Tom Nook
Tom Nook
ZeldAnTales

Number of posts : 2909
Coins : 396

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Kinda pathetic but people want lots of something for nothing these days. At least we have class here fellas! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

My sisters boyfriend hacked her Wii so every game they rent they can burn the game onto the HD connected to the Wii. Plus they can download a bunch of other retro and new games. The interface for these hack programs look very professional like Nintendo did it themselves but I do not condone it. I would never do that on my console.

On topic, looks like I'll be going back to what I was originally going to do, and buy external. That SD Card slot looks like it will be more for music, videos and photos to use on the Wii U. Any game saves, Miis, system settings, etc. can easily be saved on the internal 32G.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Plus it might be useable for any Wii functions that allowed it.
Back to top Go down
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:46 pm

If you want 4x the storage space for $60 more (+$5 shipping) you can grab one of these today only:

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/centon-128gb-datastick-sport-7
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Already sold out! Well I'm set with my 2TB hard drive. A little expensive at $130 but I got this one.
So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Seagate2tbharddrive

USB 3.0 but backwards compatible with the 2.0 of Wii U. Wii U reads it perfectly so I'm set for years to come!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
Antilles
TJ Combo
TJ Combo
Antilles

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Overkill.

Just a little.
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

PostSubject: Re: So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card   So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Thats whay I told him too. You really need 1tb max for the wiiu, and thats if you plan to go full on digital only.
Back to top Go down

So according to the WiiU Japanese site Downloaded software cant be saved on SD card
Page 1 of 1