Ninfest Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now entering the forums of Ninfest.com

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memory Card
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Nintendo Furniture Nintendo Network ID
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 30, 2013
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 30, 2013
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 27
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» PSN "Updates"
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Wii U Shop May 23, 2013
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» This week on Eshop May 23, 2013
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Nintendo Furniture

» Special release from the Eshop 26
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2013 12:00 pm by Nintendo Furniture

Twitter
Poll
Will mobile phone gaming kill off systems like the 3DS?
I doubt it, there will always be dedicated portables.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_lcap2100%Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 5 ]
Yes, the 3DS will be the last portable system from Nintendo.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_lcap20%Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Never, mobile gaming is just a fad and will die off soon.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_lcap20%Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Probably, unless Nintendo drops their prices.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, iPhone and Android gaming could be the future.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5
Facebook
Ninfest on Facebook
Gallery
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Empty
Top posters
Streex (4373)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_lcap2Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] I_voting_barMetroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_rcap2 
ZeldAnTales (2909)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_lcap2Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] I_voting_barMetroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Vote_rcap2 
Antilles (1555)
Nintendo Furniture (1087)
Triz (1086)
Matthew999 (341)
Lier X Agerate (129)
WildCard (115)
ShagTheTruth (114)
Incognito (71)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hcfwesker
Super Mario
Super Mario
hcfwesker

Number of posts : 47
Coins : 80

PostSubject: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]   Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:04 am

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

System:: Nintendo Wii
Publisher Retro Studios
ESRB:: [T] for mild violence

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Metroid-prime-3-corruption-20070711

As soon as the game starts... and the introduction to the title screen comes up, you KNOW Retro Studios is about to unleash a cinematic gaming masterpiece in this title. Opening up in Samus' cockpit, you actually have access to an assortment of cockpit controls, that you actually mimic your owjn movements with the Wiimote and interact with different dashboard functions. This is nothing new to Wii games, but BEING Samus just makes it that much better...

The entire intro to the game puts you through a task of learning your moves and suit functions. getting use to the controls takes a bit of time... but when you get use to "double-jumping" and spinning in air, 180 degrees, firing on enemies from behind ; nothing else compares or feels so natural in a First Person Shooter/Adventure.

The graphics are amazingly unbelievable for a Wii title. And the soundtrack, i mean , c'mon, this is a Metroid title; is flawless and will have you humming tunes from the game well after you've put it down. Controls have plenty of options but I would reccommend the default setting. Then, just adjust certain options like "lock-on" toggle, turning sensitivity, and change your Jump and Fire buttons, some prefer their Arm-Cannon trigger for the (B) button. Plus there is FINALLY a difficulty setting at the start -- 'Normal or Veteran'.

The levels are insanely huge; with very deep levels of exploration and plenty of backtracking, as one would expect from any Metroid game. New to the series, is the ability to use Samus' ship for completing tasks, backing you up during heavy ambushes, as well as the ability to travel to other plantes and other star systems.

Also new, is the addition of actual voice acting, where most Nintendo games are known for just text format when unfolding the game's story. Although it is impressive to finally get to hear actual characters from the Metroid Universe; I myself much preferred the text reading format. But it is still a great experience. The Phazon that Samus has bonded with, from the previous game, is infecting her, along with her fellow bounty hunters; all of them have turned to the Phazon's corruption, and Samus is not far behind. You'll be able to wield the power of the Phazon, as well. And the more the story progresses, the deeper Samus succumbs to the corruption of the Phazon within her.

I am a huge Metroid fan, my favorite series next to the Resident Evil franchise. Mainly because both are highly cinematic and i'm a puzzle gamer who loves searching every corner in the game. This final chapter to the Metroid Prime trilogy will not dissapoint Metroid fans and/or fans of Hardcore First Person Adverntures/Shooters.

Graphics 4/5
Sound 5/5
Story 3/5
Controls 4/5
Gameplay 4/5

Overall Mark : 90/100

Highest Recommendation!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brawldomain.com
Streex
Admin
Streex

Number of posts : 4373
Coins : 3690

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]   Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 am

Excellent review! Would you like it to appear on ninfest.com? If so, give us your 5 star decimal score to fit in with our rating system.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninfest.com
hcfwesker
Super Mario
Super Mario
hcfwesker

Number of posts : 47
Coins : 80

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]   Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:13 am

Thanx for the comment, and sure, I'd love to be added.  don't worry, lol, I don't steal reviews, this is my own review, that I have feature on other sites, I just like sharing some of  mine with all Nintendo forums I join.
For my own personal taste, and for one of the few games for hardcore gamers that does satisfy on the Wii .... Definitely 5/5  
Back to top Go down
http://www.brawldomain.com
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]   Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:11 am

5 in my book as well. I don't think I can go back to analog with FPS games after playing this and The Conduit with the Wiimote. Well...unless I HAVE to. *stares at the N64*
Back to top Go down
Triz
Moogle
Moogle
Triz

Number of posts : 1086
Coins : 3650

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]   Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 am

Ill stick to my guns and say wiimote controls in FPS detract from the experience. Your fanboy googles are impairing you judgement.
Back to top Go down
Streex
Admin
Streex

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]   Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:32 am

Triz wrote:
Ill stick to my guns and say wiimote controls in FPS detract from the experience. Your fanboy googles are impairing you judgement.
I seem to have more control with the Wiimote. I can move around quicker and aim faster with the Wiimote. When I go back and play a FPS with analog I feel restricted. Call it what you want, it just feels more fluid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]   Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii] Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [Wii]
Page 1 of 1